Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synth similar to Seekbeats

Is there a synth with a kind of similar sound as Seekbeats? Asking since I think the sound of Seekbeats is really great. Thanks for any suggestions 😊

Comments

• @wim said:
    FAC Drumkit.

I don’t have seekbeats, but it was always on my list. since AU’s took over I kept getting moving it further down my wish list.

@wim is probably the best option for both synth drums, sampled drums, and/or a combination of the 2 at the same time. It’s light weight, clean, powerful, awesome envelopes, randomize each pad’s parameters easily, there’s also approximately a bakers dozen kits for free on Patchstorage. No internal sequencer, but I was fine with that since I have so many of them.

Maybe Drum Computer, which is a drum synth, sampler, or combination of the two. it’s definitely more cpu hungry, little more expensive, and can be a little overwhelming at first because of the vast amount of settings and parameters on the screen, but it’s still a very good app. It has a great sequencer included, and you can randomize kits with a button.

If you dont have to have AUv3, there’s a couple IAA apps like Drum Lab and DM2 that are pretty good options, but again IAA only.

• My answer of FAC Drumkit is based on the AUv3 app that's closest to SeekBeats in functionality, or at least where the most of those features are readily apparent. There are some things that SeekBeats has that Drumkit doesn't (and some that SeekBeats doesn't).

It's true that Drum Computer should cover all of that territory, but it requires far more digging to get at some things that are front and center in SeekBeats.

SeekBeats is hands-down the most intuitive drum synth I've ever run across.

• edited March 2023

Thanks guys! I think I was a bit unclear. What I’m looking for is a melodic synth (not drums) with a sort of similar sound as Seekbeats. Kind of raw and clean. A sound you don’t need to drench in reverb and delay to make it sound good. Does that make sense? 🤔

• If you don’t mind manually connecting the modules you need then Drambo might do the trick…

• @manaftermidnight said:
    Does that make sense? 🤔

Nope.

• @Samu said:
    If you don’t mind manually connecting the modules you need then Drambo might do the trick…

Thanks, good one.

• Drambo indeed... Or Sunvox

• @wim said:

It's true

SeekBeats is hands-down the most intuitive drum synth I've ever run across.

Agree… A huge shame it was never converted or expanded to AU.

Such clean sound, and such an intuitive way to modulate via velocity, which is the primary way percussion should be modulated.

And the randomization bands/ranges are amazing.

Thanks guys! I think I was a bit unclear. What I’m looking for is a melodic synth (not drums) with a sort of similar sound as Seekbeats. Kind of raw and clean. A sound you don’t need to drench in reverb and delay to make it sound good. Does that make sense? 🤔

As someone who’s tried just about every drum synth vst,AU, and hardware, the next best thing to SeekBeats is the hardware NordDrum. It’s 6 mono synths with amazing sound capabilities, and a joy to play due to the way velocity impacts timbre and other sonic characteristics.

• Did you try microtonic vst?

Did you try microtonic vst?

Oh yea… Prob one of the best pure drum synth vst’s. Even after all these years.

• Would it work to sample your favorite Seekbeats sounds into something that could play them melodically?