Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Should I buy Tera Pro and BrainZ IAP?

I told myself recently that I won't buy any more music software unless it truly provides something unique as far as I can determine it. (Also, I have every other Virsyn app that I've collected over the years and have never used any of them!)

BrainZ seem to be something unique from what I can tell, though I would imagine I could find similar sounds if I got into miRack or VCV Rack. I'm on the verge of getting it and would love to know how it's turned out for those of you who have been using it regularly?

Thanks for any thoughts and opinions!

Greg

Comments

• To be brief: Yes. Get it.

• @gkillmaster said:
    I told myself recently that I won't buy any more music software unless it truly provides something unique as far as I can determine it. (Also, I have every other Virsyn app that I've collected over the years and have never used any of them!)

BrainZ seem to be something unique from what I can tell, though I would imagine I could find similar sounds if I got into miRack or VCV Rack. I'm on the verge of getting it and would love to know how it's turned out for those of you who have been using it regularly?

Greg

This is a great instrument. There are some minor flaws, but I think they will be fixed. But Brainz and Waves IAPs are very good.

• edited March 2023

@gkillmaster said:

Greg

No you should not get it. You should ask yourself what makes Tera Pro different from all the other Virsyn apps that I never use?
    Why will it be different this time? How can I find uniqueness in apps that I buy but never use? Why don't I use the apps I buy and still want more apps that I know I won't use? I'm just kidding buy it.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

@gkillmaster said:

Greg

No you should not get it. You should ask yourself what makes Tera Pro different from all the other Virsyn apps that I never use?
    Why will it be different this time? How can I find uniqueness in apps that I buy but never use? Why don't I use the apps I buy and still want more apps that I know I won't use? I'm just kidding buy it.

Laughing. Thanks! Is really what I wanted to hear, but only if you mean it sincerely.

• @solncekreeze said:

@gkillmaster said:

Greg

This is a great instrument. There are some minor flaws, but I think they will be fixed. But Brainz and Waves IAPs are very good.

Thanks!

• @NeuM said:
    To be brief: Yes. Get it.

Ha! great! Thanks!

• Thanks so much everyone! Now the question is, is the Waves IAP unique in any way? I have so many wavetable devices.

• @gkillmaster said:
    Thanks so much everyone! Now the question is, is the Waves IAP unique in any way? I have so many wavetable devices.

You should ask yourself what makes WavesIAP different from all the other IAP from Virsyn apps that I never use?
    Why will it be different this time? How can I find uniqueness in IAP that I buy but never use? Why don't I use the IAP I buy and still want more IAP that I know I won't use?

• Big fan here of Tera Pro and BrainZ. But if you get TP, be prepared to put aside an hour or two to study the manual - or, given how many great quality presets there are, get it regardless and just enjoy the sounds it comes with.

• If you want to try brainz for gratis, try the spectrum synthesiser bundle, it has the same plaits module included in it. :) that will help you decide on that part at least.

• @el_bo said:

@gkillmaster said:
    Thanks so much everyone! Now the question is, is the Waves IAP unique in any way? I have so many wavetable devices.

You should ask yourself what makes WavesIAP different from all the other IAP from Virsyn apps that I never use?
    Why will it be different this time? How can I find uniqueness in IAP that I buy but never use? Why don't I use the IAP I buy and still want more IAP that I know I won't use?

:smile:

• @sevenape said:
    If you want to try brainz for gratis, try the spectrum synthesizer bundle, it has the same plaits module included in it. :) that will help you decide on that part at least.

Thanks! Why wouldn't I just use Spectrum Synth then? There must be some implementation in Tera Pro that makes it worth it?

• edited March 2023

@gkillmaster said:

@sevenape said:
    If you want to try brainz for gratis, try the spectrum synthesizer bundle, it has the same plaits module included in it. :) that will help you decide on that part at least.

Thanks! Why wouldn't I just use Spectrum Synth then? There must be some implementation in Tera Pro that makes it worth it?

better polyphony?

and the ability to use the other elements of Tera Pro (the other oscillators, filters, etc)

• @espiegel123 said:

@gkillmaster said:

@sevenape said:

polyphony

That could be good!

• @Gavinski said:
    Big fan here of Tera Pro and BrainZ. But if you get TP, be prepared to put aside an hour or two to study the manual - or, given how many great quality presets there are, get it regardless and just enjoy the sounds it comes with.

I've only recently met TP, but I've already become a fan, too. And now, with the release of Woodtroller TP, even more is revealed.

• @solncekreeze said:

@Gavinski said:
    Big fan here of Tera Pro and BrainZ. But if you get TP, be prepared to put aside an hour or two to study the manual - or, given how many great quality presets there are, get it regardless and just enjoy the sounds it comes with.

I've only recently met TP, but I've already become a fan, too. And now, with the release of Woodtroller TP, even more is revealed.

Interesting. Do you mean cause of expressiveness? I just noticed that Tera Pro doesn’t appear to have MPE capability.

• @gkillmaster said:

Greg

If you have miRack, it has the Mutable Instruments module BrainZ implements. But the miRack version is monophonic.

• Tera Pro was a powerful hybrid synth anyways, but the addition of Waves and BrainZ IAPs has extended its sonic range even further. Having so many synthesis and modulation and routing options under one roof makes it a powerful package. It's the synth I'm spending pretty much all my time in at the moment, continually being surprised and finding great sounds, and I know it can do so much more.

+1 to the need to read the manual, esp till you get used to the way the interface works to create routings, and definitely when trying to understand what each of the 16 Brainz oscillators works because it is not at all obvious, though there is some useful in-app help info displayed relating to the currently selected BrainZ oscillator. and the controls do different thigns for each.

Loving the sound though, and its ability to do unexpected things which often delight my ear, puts it as my #1 all rounder for quite some time to come.

• @craftycurate said:
    Tera Pro was a powerful hybrid synth anyways, but the addition of Waves and BrainZ IAPs has extended its sonic range even further. Having so many synthesis and modulation and routing options under one roof makes it a powerful package. It's the synth I'm spending pretty much all my time in at the moment, continually being surprised and finding great sounds, and I know it can do so much more.

+1 to the need to read the manual, esp till you get used to the way the interface works to create routings, and definitely when trying to understand what each of the 16 Brainz oscillators works because it is not at all obvious, though there is some useful in-app help info displayed relating to the currently selected BrainZ oscillator. and the controls do different thigns for each.

Loving the sound though, and its ability to do unexpected things which often delight my ear, puts it as my #1 all rounder for quite some time to come.

Thank you for this feedback. Very helpful to hear!

• @espiegel123 said:

@gkillmaster said:

Greg

If you have miRack, it has the Mutable Instruments module BrainZ implements. But the miRack version is monophonic.

O, great to know, thanks.

• @gkillmaster said:

@solncekreeze said:

@Gavinski said:

Interesting. Do you mean cause of expressiveness? I just noticed that Tera Pro doesn’t appear to have MPE capability.

It is MPE capable but you may have to set up presets yourself to assign various destinations to aftertouch, cc74 etc

• Wait until ButterSynth and than wait for comparison.

• @Gavinski said:

@gkillmaster said:

@solncekreeze said:

@Gavinski said:

It is MPE capable but you may have to set up presets yourself to assign various destinations to aftertouch, cc74 etc

O good! Thank you!

• @DarkAum3o said:
    Wait until ButterSynth and than wait for comparison.

I didn't know about it. checking it out, thanks!

• @gkillmaster said:

@solncekreeze said:

@Gavinski said:

Supports. There is MPE Tembre as a separate setting. Polypitch, slide, aftertouch are all configurable. And the modules are very flexible. I just can't tell you in detail yet, because I haven't figured it out enough yet;)

• @gkillmaster said:

@DarkAum3o said:

I didn't know about it. checking it out, thanks!

It’s in last steps of beta testing.

• @DarkAum3o said:

When exactly is that delivering?

• edited March 2023

@NeuM said:

@DarkAum3o said:

we just polishing final things .. it may be very soon .. it would be already out but just two weeks ago i found very nasty bug (whih didn’t appear for anybody else from activ beta team
    members, just me) and it took more than week to kill it .. but now everything looks ok so i believe/hope it will be soon

• @dendy said:

@NeuM said:

@DarkAum3o said:

we just polishing final things .. it may be very soon .. it would be already out but just two weeks ago i found very nasty bug (whih didn’t appear for anybody else from activ beta team
    members, just me) and it took more than week to kill it .. but now everything looks ok so i believe/hope it will be soon

Got it.

• Thanks again everyone. I ended up getting TP + Brainz and I love it a lot. It's worth it for the Krell patches alone much less all the other very diverse possibilities!