Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Helix LT and USB output?

edited March 2023 in Hardware

I am trying to figure out a new setup for my band where we want to use the Zoom Livetrak -12 as the main mixer/audio interface and then run everything into AUM for extra processing (+ Loopy Pro for backtrack duties).
Anyway, I’m running out of inputs and wondered whether the guitarist’s Helix LT could send audio out via USB directly into the USB hub? I know that the Helix can work as an audio device, but I want the Zoom to do the honors.
Will I still be able to set up a set of stereo channels in AUM and then send the guitar sounds via USB? This way I will save 2 XLR inputs on the mixer.
I don’t have access to the Helix right now, so that’s why I’m asking, and not just checking for myself :)

Comments

• The only way the Helix can send the audio into AUM via USB is if it is used as an audio interface. Don't think both zoom and Helix can both be audio interfaces connected to an ipad.

• Exactly, iPadOS only allows one audio interface at a time; last one connected wins.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:
    The only way the Helix can send the audio into AUM via USB is if it is used as an audio interface. Don't think both zoom and Helix can both be audio interfaces connected to an ipad.

@uncledave said:
    Exactly, iPadOS only allows one audio interface at a time; last one connected wins.

Thanks. Damnit. Would have been neat though. Better find a small mixer for the drums then, and send a stereo out to the zoom.