Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

(Solved) AU synth/Osc app that allows tuning in decimal frequencies, not semitones/cents?

I’m kinda surprised, but in my massive pile of apps, I can’t find any synths that allow you to set the osc freq in, well, freq…

I want to play around with Cosmic Octave stuff, but the only synth app I have that allows fine, decimal freq tuning is The Oscillator by Kymatica (the AUM guy) and it’s IAA…

Even the mighty Drambo seems to have its osc tuned via semi/cents.

I’d rather not have to go the route of using a tuning app and run the synth into it just to set freq…

Doesn’t need to be a super deep synth app either… but I’ve dug into the 30+ synth apps that I have that are AU and so far I’m not finding anything… weird…
Ideas?

Comments

• I'm pretty sure auGEN X can do this...

• In Drambo you can use the Oscillator Mini to manually set the frequency, detach it from note input by double-tapping on the note-icon and select disconnect...

• @Samu said:
    In Drambo you can use the Oscillator Mini to manually set the frequency, detach it from note input by double-tapping on the note-icon and select disconnect...

Cool. That’s will work… I never tried the mini osc!

Thanks!

• iVCS3 has freq setting for the osc, you can double tap to set it directly.
    You can also just use the osc AU if you don’t like the weird workflow of the whole synth.

• KQ Dixie oscs also have this. Because the original DX7 controls were 8-bit, you have funny quantization in each decade.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    I’m kinda surprised, but in my massive pile of apps, I can’t find any synths that allow you to set the osc freq in, well, freq…

I want to play around with Cosmic Octave stuff, but the only synth app I have that allows fine, decimal freq tuning is The Oscillator by Kymatica (the AUM guy) and it’s IAA…

I’d rather not have to go the route of using a tuning app and run the synth into it just to set freq…

Doesn’t need to be a super deep synth app either… but I’ve dug into the 30+ synth apps that I have that are AU and so far I’m not finding anything… weird…
    Ideas?

Fundamental 2 is one option

• Fundamental, shoom, ivcs3 are the ones that pop into my head

• @Gavinski said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

Ideas?

Fundamental 2 is one option

Whoa… that looks a) pretty cool and b) kinda more than I want to spend for this goofy experiment. 😜

• @CracklePot said:
    iVCS3 has freq setting for the osc, you can double tap to set it directly.
    You can also just use the osc AU if you don’t like the weird workflow of the whole synth.

That’s it! I knew, I just knew I had a synth/osc that would do what I was looking to do… but ivcs3 was not popping up in my AU list, so I forgot it… turns out when I swapped iPads, I must have forgotten the reinstall that crazy beast!

• BTW, I hate to be the smartass, but this elusive unit that everyone's looking for here ("...freq") is actually called hertz (unit symbol: Hz). For next time!

You're welcome! 😄🥴☝

• @SevenSystems said:
    BTW, I hate to be the smartass, but this elusive unit that everyone's looking for here ("...freq") is actually called hertz (unit symbol: Hz). For next time!

You're welcome! 😄🥴☝

That’s weird.
    I often see it as kHz as well.
    Anyway, I am off to rent that car now.

• @CracklePot said:

@SevenSystems said:
    BTW, I hate to be the smartass, but this elusive unit that everyone's looking for here ("...freq") is actually called hertz (unit symbol: Hz). For next time!

You're welcome! 😄🥴☝

🤣 well countered!

• @CracklePot said:

@SevenSystems said:

You're welcome! 😄🥴☝

That’s weird.

kHz is 1000 Hz

• @espiegel123 said:

@CracklePot said:

@SevenSystems said:

You're welcome! 😄🥴☝

That’s weird.

kHz is 1000 Hz

He was being sarcastic I think 😝 (also note the car comment... it took me a few seconds to catch that as well 😄)

• @SevenSystems said:

You're welcome! 😄🥴☝

I’m triggered. How dare you assume my freq measurement paradigm!

Like Mr. James, I’m a super freq.

• @SevenSystems said:

@espiegel123 said:

@CracklePot said:

@SevenSystems said:

You're welcome! 😄🥴☝

That’s weird.

kHz is 1000 Hz

He was being sarcastic I think 😝 (also note the car comment... it took me a few seconds to catch that as well 😄)

😁