Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Late Again / only if you like fast playing

edited March 2023 in Creations

PurePiano, Ravenscroft 275, BeatHawk Total Bass, Jazz Drummerand SWAM Tenor Sax, Trumpet and Flugelhorn,

Comments

• Love the horns on this creation, @LinearLineman !
    This music gets me in the "hurry up" mode.
    Why????
    Late again!!!
    Beautifully laid out, clear message, love this!!!

• Thanks, Rene. One of my better jazz efforts. Also appreciated the quality of the instruments on this one.

• edited March 2023

Yeah, that’s tight. (Why don’t I have Jazz Drummer? Must get that one.) Listened twice.

• I like fast. This is very well played LL.

• I remember this one pretty vividly… I like the piano comping ideas a lot.

• Fantastic. I love the pace of this. Reminds me of an old movie car chase. Love the choices for sustained notes.

• Sounds great! Music fits the title perfectly (or vice versa?) Really great playing too.

• Very nice piece! I like that you’re playing around the sweet spot of the sampled tenor - sometimes the extreme ends of a sampled instrument is not as good as the middle part of the register, but it sounds really good here.

• @michael_m said:
    Very nice piece! I like that you’re playing around the sweet spot of the sampled tenor - sometimes the extreme ends of a sampled instrument is not as good as the middle part of the register, but it sounds really good here.

That one I think is modeled, not sampled. Sounds pretty good on every note!

• Absolutely incredible.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@michael_m said:
    Very nice piece! I like that you’re playing around the sweet spot of the sampled tenor - sometimes the extreme ends of a sampled instrument is not as good as the middle part of the register, but it sounds really good here.

Interesting to know that. Definitely has a good tone that doesn’t drift into digital sounding.

• edited March 2023

The real deal right here!

@michael_m said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@michael_m said:

Interesting to know that. Definitely has a good tone that doesn’t drift into digital sounding.

Yes, SWAM Trumpet, Flugelhorn, and Tenor Sax all modeled instruments.

Those hideous sample based pianos tho ugh! 🙄/s

• Thx @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr @Ben . @Ailerom @AlterEgo_UK @michael_m @FastGhost @Edward_Alexander.
    @McD the interesting part is I laid the comping down first, then the horn line. So I didn’t know what I was comping to. I played the horn to match the comping.

What’s remarkable, as always, are the tools we have on iOS. In this one particularly, the ease of making the drum part using JazzDrummer’s x y pad to improvise on the drums. I also pushed the bpm. I can’t improvise coherently that fast (maybe once upon a time). However, I was very pleased at the note to note feeling I had with the horn. Seems like I hit almost every note squarely and with presence. That only got amplified with the bpm increase.

• Yeah, daddio! This reminds me of “Just Friends” by Bill Holman. I too have pushed the BPM from time to time. Nice one!

• Tremendous, all sounded so natural, great runs and all the parts dovetailed really well 🙏

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thx @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr @Ben . @Ailerom @AlterEgo_UK @michael_m @FastGhost @Edward_Alexander.
    @McD the interesting part is I laid the comping down first, then the horn line. So I didn’t know what I was comping to. I played the horn to match the comping.

That's natural.
    It's not often that one would write a solo then create the comping for it.

What’s remarkable, as always, are the tools we have on iOS. In this one particularly, the ease of making the drum part using JazzDrummer’s x y pad to improvise on the drums.

It sounded rather impressive speaking as a drummer.
    It's only when you really listen
    to the sound of the drums
    that you can tell it's been "programmed".

I also pushed the bpm. I can’t improvise coherently that fast (maybe once upon a time). However, I was very pleased at the note to note feeling I had with the horn. Seems like I hit almost every note squarely and with presence. That only got amplified with the bpm increase.

After the head was played I picked up my bass straight away
    and started going through my drills.
    Inspirational stuff.

As always, thank you for sharing.

• Thanks for listening @Paulieworld abd @GeoTony. Glad you liked it!

Hi @Gravitas, good to hear from you, sorry you resurfaced during the rare skirmish here. Generally things have been cool. Politics is consigned to “recent events” so it stays off the main page now.
    Yeah, of course the line is rarely the format for comping. But I think, generally the comping and lines are performed simultaneously. I can do that by splitting the piano zones, but this time I added the line afterwards.

The xy pad on JazzDrummer boosts it from programmed to a kind of live playing situation, but, of course, it ain’t the same.

Would have loved to hear your bass playing with this one. Hope all is well my friend.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks for listening @Paulieworld abd @GeoTony. Glad you liked it!

Hi @Gravitas, good to hear from you, sorry you resurfaced during the rare skirmish here.

Yeah, we all saw the skirmish.
    It’s cool.
    I’ve decided to just grump and then up and leave whenever those things happen these days.

Generally things have been cool. Politics is consigned to “recent events” so it stays off the main page now.

That’s good to hear and all for the best in regards to the forum,

Yeah, of course the line is rarely the format for comping. But I think, generally the comping and lines are performed simultaneously. I can do that by splitting the piano zones, but this time I added the line afterwards.

That’s the beauty of playing a harmonic and rhythmic instrument.
    One can do both simultaneously.

The xy pad on JazzDrummer boosts it from programmed to a kind of live playing situation, but, of course, it ain’t the same.

It’s still impressive, nonetheless.

Would have loved to hear your bass playing with this one. Hope all is well my friend.

My bass playing needs to be warmed up again.
    Thankfully I’m out playing again,
    I’ve been playing at jam sessions,
    I did a “secret” Rock gig for a friend not to long ago,
    some live sound engineering gigs as I was on stage engineer
    and last week I was on guitar.
    This evening I improved for the first time with my new apprentice
    whom I’m showing the rips as it were so bass is definitely on the horizon.

Good to hear from you too my friend.
    I won’t be as long this time round. :) 🙏🏾

• Very thought through and complete. A convincing wild ride, with an excellent simulation of an ensemble. Impressive stuff.

• Thanks, @Gravitas. See you by and by, mate.
    @Svetlovska, thanks, Irena. Actually not thought out or planned in the slightest. Just a lot of muscle memory, I guess. Give Dystonia a listen, if you can. Your lane, for sure.

• I do love fast playing. Especially inspired, talented, masterful fast playing.