Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WoodTroller by Woodman's Immaculate Maple Syrup Studio

https://apps.apple.com/app/id6445840179

Description:

WoodTroller is NOT an app to annoy people.
It’s an MPE multi touch bar keyboard and midi controller :

The MPE touch bar supports multiple notes with individual pitch shift (horizontal movement), pressure and cc74 (vertical movement).

WoodTroller has 8 general purpose rotary controls :

• Each can send 6 different CC messages to different channels.
  • Each of the 6 command values can be mapped differently to the full rotary range.
  • So 1 rotary can control several parameters on the same or on different instruments.
  • Rotary names, colour, unit, range can all be user set.

WoodTroller also has 8 general purpose on-off or push buttons :

• Each button can send up to 8 different midi commands (CC, PC, NoteOn, …) to different channels.
  • This allows to quickly switch multiple midi instruments or devices to another program or to other settings.
  • Each midi command’s data value can be auto incremented/decremented.
  • All button names, colour, type can be user set.

All settings can be stored in presets in iCloud which yield automatic preset syncing between several WoodTrollers on different devices.

WoodTroller is available as stand-alone app and as AUv3 plugin.

Details:
Universal: No
Minimum OS version: 11.4
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Can you use WoodSynth keyboard in midi AU to achieve the same results as this ?

• @Gavinski You been looking for a decent MPE controller if I’m wrong maybe this will fit the bill?

• @jumpercollins : partially but in WoodTroller there is much more vertical space for finer pressure and or CC74 control.
    The vertical space also has 3 parts : the note on, then the pressure and then the CC74 area.
    And there are also the 8 rotaries and buttons which can do macro stuff : send several midi commands to different channels from 1 button or rotary.
    Woodman

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @Gavinski You been looking for a decent MPE controller if I’m wrong maybe this will fit the bill?

Hopefully!

• @woodman said:
    @jumpercollins : partially but in WoodTroller there is much more vertical space for finer pressure and or CC74 control.
    The vertical space also has 3 parts : the note on, then the pressure and then the CC74 area.
    And there are also the 8 rotaries and buttons which can do macro stuff : send several midi commands to different channels from 1 button or rotary.
    Woodman

Sweet sounds like a cool controller app I may have to invest in.

• This looks interesting. Are there any videos of it in use?

• Also available for MacOS. Included in iPadOS purchase.

• @andowrites said:
    Also available for MacOS. Included in iPadOS purchase.

I could use a good MacOS stand-alone keyboard option. I’m going for it. I also like the top to bottom
    “Black keys” for MPE purposes since the vertical touch point determines the Note On velocity and I can
    Swing across the keyboard and have an even velocity for a chromatic scale. I have a Mozaic script that
    Would like this type of input layout to play harps and plucked strings and add tremolos.

• @McD : currently the vertical areas are now the pressure and then CC74, velocity is set by the rotary. However I plan for a next version to have a choice what the vertical regions are controlling and velocity will be one of the choices.
    Woodman

• In AUM, this AUv3 seems to send its MIDI to the AUM Destination and using the specific App MIDI routing doesn’t work as expected.

I discovered the AUM Destination default by testing the Standalone Instance with a Standalone Tera Pro which worked.
    Then I went back to continue to figure it out in AUM and when I used the AUv3 the standalone Tera Pro responded.

I’d expect this will be addressed in an update when someone alerts the dev that AUM routing not working as expected for a MIDI FX app but more like an IAA version.

I’m loving the interface… now to install the MacOS version and try that out.

• edited March 2023

Great. We will try. The DAW should normally receive the signal (judging by Woodsynth). Otherwise, it is not always possible to record pitch, slide. And it's good that there is on macos.

• @McD said:
    In AUM, this AUv3 seems to send its MIDI to the AUM Destination and using the specific App MIDI routing doesn’t work as expected.

I discovered the AUM Destination default by testing the Standalone Instance with a Standalone Tera Pro which worked.
    Then I went back to continue to figure it out in AUM and when I used the AUv3 the standalone Tera Pro responded.

I’d expect this will be addressed in an update when someone alerts the dev that AUM routing not working as expected for a MIDI FX app but more like an IAA version.

I’m loving the interface… now to install the MacOS version and try that out.

My purchase installed and works on MacBook (Intel) and after a reboot MacBook Air M1.
    It sends MIDI to Tera Pro using default settings after configuring WoodTroller as the MIDI source
    in Tera Pro.

The need to reboot for the M1 Mac to recognize the purchase freaked me out... I hit purchase and when up to the "Confirm" you want to BUY this app stage before I thought "Try a reboot". After the reboot my recent IOS purchase was recognized. I suspect that an actual second purchase would have presented that lovely "You already own this app. Would you like to get it for free?" And yet there's no option to insist on buying it again.

• @McD : for the AUV3 plugin you have to switch on "midi DAW" in Advanced, it's already on my list to enable this by default in a next version. For the App Store misery I can't help I am afraid.
    Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @McD : for the AUV3 plugin you have to switch on "midi DAW" in Advanced, it's already on my list to enable this by default in a next version. For the App Store misery I can't help I am afraid.
    Woodman

No misery… just App Store database latency scaring me.

This is the first app I have purchased that installs on Mac OS (Internet and M1) and iPadOS. I eagerly tried my iPhone and
    Saw that it’s NOT a Grand Slam. The User Interface isn’t right for most iPhones but I bought the largest screen available so I would use it.

Now I need to find the midi DAW switch. Found it: ADV -> Send MIDI: Ext (was on by default) DAW (not on).
    I turned DAW on and AUM AUv3 routing works as expected AND I could route to external MIDI hardware or apps as well.
    Nice.

• @McD : ok nice to hear it all works :-) yes I thought about the iPhone but was convinced it was too small to be really usable. But if you (and others) think it would be of some use I can try to create a downscaled UI in 1 of the next versions.
    Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @McD : ok nice to hear it all works :-) yes I thought about the iPhone but was convinced it was too small to be really usable. But if you (and others) think it would be of some use I can try to create a downscaled UI in 1 of the next versions.
    Woodman

I think a keyboard on an iPhone could be useful using it as external hardware for iPad’s, Laptops, Desktops, etc. Especially over Bluetooth MIDI for me.

I hope you get good uptake on this new app.

• Well, it's the first controller I've tried that immediately works with Geoshred, in AUM. So, that at least, is a good start. Now over to mapping the thing to things... :)

• @woodman said:
    @McD : ok nice to hear it all works :-) yes I thought about the iPhone but was convinced it was too small to be really usable. But if you (and others) think it would be of some use I can try to create a downscaled UI in 1 of the next versions.
    Woodman

I’d love a Universal/iPhone version - but only if it uses the entire screen, eg I have an XSMax & a lot of apps have borders - which is especially annoying when using on screen keyboards..

• Well that's odd pricing. How does US$11.99 suddenly become AU$19.99 when it is in reality US$17.96. Other amounts seem to add up fine but they banged an extra 11%+ on the 11.99 price point.

• @Ailerom said:
    Well that's odd pricing. How does US$11.99 suddenly become AU$19.99 when it is in reality US$17.96. Other amounts seem to add up fine but they banged an extra 11%+ on the 11.99 price point.

Taxes?

• @Gavinski said:

@Ailerom said:
    Well that's odd pricing. How does US$11.99 suddenly become AU$19.99 when it is in reality US$17.96. Other amounts seem to add up fine but they banged an extra 11%+ on the 11.99 price point.

Taxes?

Yepp! All US prices are always excluding VAT/Sales-Tax.

Guess it's part of the US culture to give the customers a 'shock' at the check-out counter when it's actually time to pay making everything look cheaper than it actually is...

Some time ago $9.99 used to be 99SEK here in Sweden, now with the exchange rates etc. it's 129SEK or something like that.
    Without VAT it would with the current exchange rate $9.99 would be 104SEK. So yeah 25SEK in tax... (VAT in Sweden is 25%).

It is what it is...

• @Gavinski said:

@Ailerom said:

Taxes?

Don't think so. Everything else was the same as usual. US0.99 is AU1.49 here etc etc.

• @Samu said:

@Gavinski said:

@Ailerom said:

Taxes?

Guess it's part of the US culture to give the customers a 'shock' at the check-out counter when it's actually time to pay making everything look cheaper than it actually is...

Some time ago $9.99 used to be 99SEK here in Sweden, now with the exchange rates etc. it's 129SEK or something like that.
    Without VAT it would with the current exchange rate $9.99 would be 104SEK. So yeah 25SEK in tax... (VAT in Sweden is 25%).

It is what it is...

Haha, I think this is to do with different taxation policies in different states Samu, no? But I like this 'let's give them a shock' theory 😂

• edited March 2023

@woodman Hi, can I connect two iPads via BT? I am trying and it's not working as there are no specific BT setting in troller. Am I missing something? I mean, I honestly took that for granted when I bought it - that I could use it as an external keyboard.

Edit: It works if I have troller in AUM on the "external" keyboard iPad . Connects to a synth also in AUM on the receiving iPad. It's cool but skipping the AUM on one of'em would be nice.

• @Pxlhg : I'll check the BT connections, I am sorry I didn't pay attention to that.
    Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @Pxlhg : I'll check the BT connections, I am sorry I didn't pay attention to that.
    Woodman

Please note my edit, we wrote almost simultaneously :)

• @Pxlhg : ok good there is a workaround, I'll still check it but that gives me a bit more time ...
    Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @Pxlhg : ok good there is a workaround, I'll still check it but that gives me a bit more time ...
    Woodman

Sure! :D I was trying to use midi learn, in AUM on the same iPad (troller --> Synth x) but I can't get that to work. I've seen people do it but I can't figure it out. Anyway, with the app on a second iPad that part (midi learn) is a breeze. :) So I hope I can make presets that I later can use on any device.

• @Pxlhg said:
    @woodman Hi, can I connect two iPads via BT? I am trying and it's not working as there are no specific BT setting in troller. Am I missing something? I mean, I honestly took that for granted when I bought it - that I could use it as an external keyboard.

Edit: It works if I have troller in AUM on the "external" keyboard iPad . Connects to a synth also in AUM on the receiving iPad. It's cool but skipping the AUM on one of'em would be nice.

Try the free app Midimittr. Works well for apps that support MIDI but are not BT aware.

• @Samu said:

@Gavinski said:

@Ailerom said:

Taxes?

It is what it is...

Sorry to burst your bubble you but it's the same in Eurozone. I see a price 24.99 on appslice and apple store is serving 29.99. Cheers