Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pixel Music

A quick little “proof of concept” type of thing I made with Pixel Music by @andreitonescu.

So far, I love this thing.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pixel-music/id1383899232

Comments

• I am digging this creation, and I agree, Pixel Music sounds so lovely!
    Very mellow, yet is intriguing.
    Love this recording.

• Thanks for sharing @rottencat .

I just heard of this app yesterday, and I'm most intrigued. Are there many users on the forum? Or any further audio samples?

• Hi, @andowrites, I just heard of this app yesterday too. I think it just became available today so I wouldn’t think there are too many other users.

There’s another thread on the Forum where there are a few audio examples.

It’s here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/28928/pixel-music-make-music-from-images

• Thank you, @ReneAsologuitar! Your kind comments are always appreciated.

• Thanks for sharing @rottencat this is great! One thing I recommend trying out which works especially for higher tempo tracks where you need less variation in notes (like a bassline) is to crop the image to only play a part - you can enter "Crop" mode from the eye icon in the bottom bar. I have a section on this in the help center but will work on a video to explain it better.

@andowrites I just launched the app 2 days ago :smiley:, working on adding additional videos/content this week, but I have some older videos here where I send MIDI to other synths.

• @andreitonescu said:
    Thanks for sharing @rottencat this is great! One thing I recommend trying out which works especially for higher tempo tracks where you need less variation in notes (like a bassline) is to crop the image to only play a part - you can enter "Crop" mode from the eye icon in the bottom bar. I have a section on this in the help center but will work on a video to explain it better.

@andowrites I just launched the app 2 days ago :smiley:, working on adding additional videos/content this week, but I have some older videos here where I send MIDI to other synths.

Thanks @andreitonescu its lovely to see and hear more. 😊

• @andreitonescu Good app, a lot of fun to use. Is it possible to route the different pics outputs to different channels ? I think it would be great to control different instruments

• @cuscolima I received this feedback from other people, so bumping it up the priority list. I think it's possible and I'll do a check this week.

A less tidy alternative in the meantime: you can use different instances of the audio unit in different tracks, and route each track to a different instrument. This is what @rottencat I think is doing in the video above.

• Yes, @andreitonescu that’s exactly what I did.

• I’m all about the less tidy alternative.

• @andreitonescu said:
    @cuscolima I received this feedback from other people, so bumping it up the priority list. I think it's possible and I'll do a check this week.

A less tidy alternative in the meantime: you can use different instances of the audio unit in different tracks, and route each track to a different instrument. This is what @rottencat I think is doing in the video above.

Thanks, that would be great and yes, I can use several instances, no problem

• @andreitonescu said:
    @cuscolima I received this feedback from other people, so bumping it up the priority list. I think it's possible and I'll do a check this week.

Thanks for this, I got the app yesterday and really like it so far, the separate channels from one instance would be great but multiple instances works fine for me as well.

• I'm in. I just bought it, and I'm looking forward to exploring its possibilities.

It's always lovely to see something fresh in the world of music making apps. Beautifully designed interface too. Nice job well done!

• Thank you all for the great comments and feedback. I'll make a separate post/follow-up tomorrow regarding all of the ideas shared in the post from App Discussions.

In the meantime, I want to share a late-night jam with you made using Pixel Music + Moog's Model D