Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Undefined Piano Project - part 1 (mini sample pack)

Patreon Reward pack 25:
Small set of 56 one-shot samples, not a multi-sampled or extensive piano library. There are a few single notes, 2 or 3 phrases, some plucked and scraped sequences and noise samples. I will mutate these samples to create new reward packs in the next months.

5 samples are used in the video, each loaded in AUM file player. A few external FXs are used, most noticeably elf-audio Koala FX, Elliott Garage Formante and Eventide QVox.

This pack is exclusively available to those who support me on Patreon. You can support me for as little as $1 a month and get exclusive content not available on my website or elsewhere, like the samples used in this video!

Comments

• Cool.

• Thanks McD!

• Very nice!
    Enjoying the trip!

• @ReneAsologuitar said:
    Very nice!
    Enjoying the trip!

Hi Rene
    Glad you were aboard! B)

• It sounds like the piano is breathing. Were you holding it up while assaulting its innards? I had a performance like that in collage for a professor’s piece for 2 pianos and three players. I was the one plucking, strumming and tapping inside the piano.

The 2 pianists were also professors with the ability to read the “fly shit” the 3rd professor would write. I was facing this row of
    Strings with little pieces of colored tape added to show where the C’s and such were.

Long story short: there’s on way I could play the accurate notes in the composition which was so modern there were no chords… just random notes written in complex notations that had no recurring pulse. After a few notes I was totally lost so I just played dramatic improvisations and turned pages when the pianists did so I could provide the right illusion of a composed performance.

The pianist at my piano knew I was faking it but didn’t give anyone a clue. The composer never mentioned my fraud and
    On Monday after the performance my professor in Music Theory called me out for my performance saying he’d never seen anyone pull that off. I whispered to my buddy next to me “I just faked the whole thing.” And he burst out laughing.

• @McD said:
    It sounds like the piano is breathing. Were you holding it up while assaulting its innards?

The breathing sound comes from channel 4. It's a quiet recording noise that I normalized and it's looped in AUM with Koala FX adding a bit of DUB fx and compression.

• @zvon said:

@McD said:
    It sounds like the piano is breathing. Were you holding it up while assaulting its innards?

The breathing sound comes from channel 4. It's a quiet recording noise that I normalized and it's looped in AUM with Koala FX adding a bit of DUB fx and compression.

Aha! So, I could tweak channel 4 if I don’t want that. Cool.

To be honest I haven’t adopted the loop style of building tracks yet… but I have purchased a lot of loops. Someday, I’ll learn the
    Production techniques brought to perfection in Ableton but not until I get tired of the usual MIDI sequencing approach for notes but NOT loops.