Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lights in the woods. Just playing in Garageband

edited March 2023 in Creations

Not much to say about this one. Just cleaning my ears for my next project.

Comments

• Nice change of venue after the piano series. Are there AUv3’s involved or are you pulling from the GarageBand for drums, bass and rhythm instruments. Any of your personal AudioLayer assets involved for the strings and such?

• edited March 2023

Only for the strings. All else is from GB

• Good to know.

I purchased an App called “Quartet 1” that’s has 150 jazz tunes recorded by studio musicians and it’s exports the stems in a GrarageBand project format so I may have to learn more about GarageBand this year.

• Garage band is pretty cool. I have no idea what people ar doing with it that make them feel it's "limited". They must be doing some crazy routing stuff and automation, I don't know, I don't do that, not needed in my music.

Personally there is all a need in GB: signature and tempo change, I can edit and fix notes and CC easily, latency is good, the included effects are good enough, it works well on both 8th and 9th gen iPads, and it is very easy to use.

the macOS version doesn't deal well with displaying scores but the pdf export works ok, and it doesn't export midi which is no real issue for me since all I export from GB to NS2 is audio via Neon audio editor.

• I like the drums.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I like the drums.

I like ice cream... oh shit, I should eat those Chocolate covered ice cream bars in the power outage. We got updated to 10PM tonight for the repair... just over 2 hours to go.

• @McD glad to hear you won’t be in the dark anymore.😳🔥

• We’ll be drowning if it continues like this, dark or no dark.
    I started building a boat and gathering couples of animals. For now I have two male raccoons a baby possum and cat…

• Nice one!

• McDMcD
    edited March 2023

@LinearLineman said:
    @McD glad to hear you won’t be in the dark anymore.😳🔥

They just bumped the time by an additional 3 hours. My wife is NOT having it.
    MacBook Air battery is at 27% with 4 hours to go. iPhone at 35%.

• I told you to get the IPad with the crank @McD

• @LinearLineman said:
    I told you to get the IPad with the crank @McD

I consumed all the "crank" months ago when I was writing music like a MoFo.

Crank is the street name of Methamphetamine

• @McD said:

@LinearLineman said:
    I told you to get the IPad with the crank @McD

I consumed all the "crank" months ago when I was writing music like a MoFo.

Crank is the street name of Methamphetamine

I found more crank:

Now what?

• Love the title, love the piece. Great work! :) AI imagery? The artwork reminds me of X Files, Spook Lights, all that good stuff.

• Nice! I like the build around 1:50 and towards the end. It would make a nice soundtrack for a scene in a movie.

• Loved the gradual build up to the end and the driving rhythms.
    btw if you’re cleaning your ears out you need one of Cem Olcay’s Buds !