Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OSMOSE

I pre ordered one from SweetWater.

Comments

• Y-E-S! That keyboard was made for someone that knows the piano interface and needs more dimensions of control.
    When does it arrive?

• I can’t wait to hear what you do with it. I’m glad I already know how awesome you are at keys, this way I won’t get GAS for one.

• edited March 2023

Be exciting to see what you do with it! Good gadget for you :) just checked their website, and for what it offers, the price is somewhat reasonable. I suspect the keyboard itself will be a future classic, and that Eigen Engine sound modelling synth is something else. Really thrilled for you. It’s gonna be fun.

• @LinearLineman said:

Oh man, Jordan Rudess was raving to me about how great these are recently. I bet you'll love this. I remember you've been going through a hard time recently Lineman, hopefully this will help you through any dark days. This will probably suit you much better than a seaboard would.

• This thing sounds pretty incredible. My only worry is if patch programming is too complex for me. But all those presets demonstrated are great.

• @LinearLineman said:

if i could gift this to anyone, it’d be you

• Absolutely can't wait to hear what you can do with this thing.

• I think about you every time I hear the commercial on the radio about “reverse Osmosis” water purification system lol

Seriously, congrats, on your new musical gadget! Like everyone else, I can’t wait to hear what you do with it!

• Looking forward to hearing you play it!

• @McD coming sometime in May. 200 have signed up but my guy said they ordered more than that. Sounds like ut’s a hit.
    @GovernorSilver you got yours correct? What’s your experience?
    Thanks @Littlewoodg, I appreciate the sentiment. Very kind, indeed.
    And thanks, all, for the encouragement!

• @LinearLineman said:

No, not yet, because I forgot to check my order status with Expressive E.

Thanks to you, I just logged onto the company website, and saw that my Osmose order is sitting there, waiting for me to cough up the balance owed, which for me is about $860 after the $299 deposit and early bird discount was subtracted.

• @GovernorSilver said:

@LinearLineman said:

Thanks to you, I just logged onto the company website, and saw that my Osmose order is sitting there, waiting for me to cough up the balance owed, which for me is about $860 after the $299 deposit and early bird discount was subtracted.

Nice discount… when did you put down the $299. The current total price is $1,799 for anyone that’s curious.

• @McD said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@LinearLineman said:

Nice discount… when did you put down the $299. The current total price is $1,799 for anyone that’s curious.

Yes, the latter price is what most people will see when they search online stores.

I paid the $299 deposit in 2019, after they announced the Osmose. The wait has been long but I'm cautiously optimistic that my patience will be rewarded.

• @LinearLineman said:

Congratulations! I can’t wait to your creations from it 🙌🏽

• @LinearLineman said:

Whoa! looking forward to hearing what you come up with on it.

• edited March 2023

I ordered mine a ways back, supposed to hit my hands in April…

I am excited to see what everyone does with theirs!

In my opinion this instrument is very very important!

• @MrSmileZ said:
    I ordered mine a ways back, supposed to hit my hands in April…

I am excited to see what everyone does with theirs!

In my opinion this instrument is very very important!

Absolutely!
    I hope it'll make other manufacturers at least re-visit their aftertouch mechanics 😉

• I put in preorder with sweetwater also but not 100% i am going through with it, will decide when they get in stock. I love what this can do and think it is good value for what it is. It is a preset player only and only limited parameters to alter on presets. You can design your own sounds with external software but it is definite not sound design for the feint of heart, lots of matrix mixed with formulas.
    My worry is once the novelty wears off how much I will use, I would love to sound design for this but it looks like steeeeeep learning curve to do that. Also interested to see it used as a controller for mpe synths and swam stuff but not seeing many example vids except people messing with presets

• edited March 2023

I'm looking forward to seeing what the front panel looks like as well.

My priority will be more on how quickly I can adjust the wet-dry mix and other basic stuff.

I have faith that the factory presets will sound good and expressive enough for making music straight out of the box.

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    I put in preorder with sweetwater also but not 100% i am going through with it, will decide when they get in stock. I love what this can do and think it is good value for what it is. It is a preset player only and only limited parameters to alter on presets. You can design your own sounds with external software but it is definite not sound design for the feint of heart, lots of matrix mixed with formulas.
    My worry is once the novelty wears off how much I will use, I would love to sound design for this but it looks like steeeeeep learning curve to do that. Also interested to see it used as a controller for mpe synths and swam stuff but not seeing many example vids except people messing with presets

This is a critical aspect indeed. The better the sound sources are, the more fun it will be to play it.

• There’s a video of someone controlling iridium with osmose…I am sticking with my order

• @LinearLineman

hello Sir, did you get you osmose yet?

• @Danny_Mammy that’s a good performance. Should get mine, I hope in May.

• Already posted and commented on here Joe: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/56337/benn-jordan-reviews-the-expressive-e-osmose#latest

Best to keep the discussion there as it has already started 🙏