Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I need an AUV3 Drum Machine made

Like Drum computer. So enough sound design. All mappable parameters.

Recommendations?

Comments

• @sigma79 said:

Recommendations?

FAC Drumkit seems to fit the bill, unless you also need it to have its own sequencer

• @sigma79 said:

Doesn't Drum Computer run as an AUv3?

• @Grandbear said:

@sigma79 said:

Recommendations?

FAC Drumkit seems to fit the bill, unless you also need it to have its own sequencer

Already bought. Good quality.

Theres no mappable parameters. If I needed say 5 variations of a sound. Iv got to copy and paste 5 altered parts. Which wouldnt then be altered when I add another step and this is using it as an auv3.

Its too formal and grid like ( even without a sequencer )

But maybe if I actually built a track with loads of parts.

It would sound good? Not affect the song mix etc with p-locks and automation, resonators etc. Like drums are ment to be drums, not synth?

All I can seem to find in Drambo that works ok but sometimes sounds fake. Is an adsr and a frequency shifter.

I guess I need to see Drambo resonators blend well ( via midi )

Thats why I need an Auv3 drum module.

• @hes said:

@sigma79 said:

@hes said:

@sigma79 said:

No. Id be happy if it did.

Even with its own ipad.

An ipad is just for drums.

It crashes. Seems like a bug but am told it might be cpu etc.

Seems like even if you spend nearly £1000 on an ios drum machine. Ipad air 3 and 50% of an iconnect4c

Which is silly amyway.

There isnt even a drum machine.

But yeah. Drum computer would have got me making a song.

Wonder if any devs can just make this now.

Seeing as Drambo has more tracks. People have ipad pros etc.

• The only option is Drambo as its the host on both ipads

But drums seem clicky etc.

Some people like the clicky style drum.

• @sigma79 said:

@hes said:

@sigma79 said:

@hes said:

@sigma79 said:

Just curious, since specs seem to say Drum Computer does
    run as AUv3:

"AUv3 plug-in with MIDI FX support & Standalone"
    https://apps.apple.com/app/drumcomputer-ipad/id1502238351

• An aum with the same drum computers is 50%

So probably more in Drambo or how Drambo utilises cores ( so im told )

But I get the feeling its because of the restore purchase popping up. Even after restored.

Its then up to me if Id waste all resources just on a drum machine but its is a drum machine ipad. I were planning a background aum session though.

Iv asked if the will remake as a better auv3.

Someone else will and its a loss of market shares

• edited March 2023

@hes said:

@sigma79 said:

@hes said:

@sigma79 said:

@hes said:

@sigma79 said:

Just curious, since specs seem to say Drum Computer does
    run as AUv3:

"AUv3 plug-in with MIDI FX support & Standalone"
    https://apps.apple.com/app/drumcomputer-ipad/id1502238351

Have you got Drambo. An ok ipad?

Test Drum computer as auv3.

I get the feeling its the restore purchase.

They did say they could replicate but then also because of cpu and cores.

Like it might not be sorted.

Hope I can post back with saying its sorted

But theres still a market for this type of module ( rolls and any other keyboard mangling a bonus )

Id pay £100

• Why did drum machines generally be made so its more of an iaa?

Cpu of old devices?

Copying actual hardware drums?

You dont get any synths really that are based around loading another instance on the same page.

The synth be given thin margins of a page. With a different preset To different keyboard zones etc.

• So there isnt any modules apart from synthdrum kick. Maybe Drambo.

Thats the reality of the IoS drum situation.

Hence decent looking modules. Resonators. Sound shaping. Waveforms. Fm. Timbres. Rolls from keyboard etc. You want the modules to look like drum machine. Be generally similar per instance. Be easy to tweak and hardware-ish even without midi. Wouldnt know if layers for a drum machine would be best/and or a drum machine series ( with similar Ui )

Would sell.

Who would buy?

Or do you not automate and use auv3 drums?

• I'm a bit confused; I don't understand what you mean by Drumkit not having "mappable parameters". From your video on Drum Computer it looks like you're trying to run multiple instances which could explain the issues you're having. I think it's wrong to say that it doesn't run as AUv3 because of this.

• Music capitlism based on neccessity.

Id make it myself, if I could.

• @Grandbear said:
    I'm a bit confused; I don't understand what you mean by Drumkit not having "mappable parameters". From your video on Drum Computer it looks like you're trying to run multiple instances which could explain the issues you're having. I think it's wrong to say that it doesn't run as AUv3 because of this.

Would do you mean.

How else will it be auv3 if it dosent work as auv3

In Drambo anyway ( and seems a bug )

But it might be cpu.

Drumkit dosent have any parameters.

You kind of just shape the sound and thats it.

Tbh its probably better not be able to p-lock a load of parameters

But I feel like its the best option to have. As using Drambo.

Plus even a Volca drum could be sound locked.

I guess I dont really make real sounding drum patterns but think an auV3 with best sound quality also, plus the features described.

• edited March 2023

I get what you mean.

It can still be auv3 not IAA.

Just not work well with multi instance.

But Iv got an ipad just for drums.

And need to sequence via Drambo.

I think you can sequence per track

( need to ask rs2000 again )

• @sigma79 you can have multiple Drambo tracks sequencing a single Drum Computer instance, it needs a bit of prep work but it looks like you would only need to do it once. I should be able to share an example later today.

Regarding Drumkit not having any parameters, are you referring to the envelopes?

• @Grandbear said:
    @sigma79 you can have multiple Drambo tracks sequencing a single Drum Computer instance, it needs a bit of prep work but it looks like you would only need to do it once. I should be able to share an example later today.

Regarding Drumkit not having any parameters, are you referring to the envelopes?

If you can suggest what Fac parameters ( envelopes etc ) pitch etc, there are mappable.

As I just thought i might just use FAC anyway. Iv only ever sequenced a bar and read 16 bar drums might be cool. Which would take longer to program but could then just add an altered fac copy where needed but parameters would be cool.

And the Drum computer midt setup.

Appreciate.

Thanks.

• I’m also confused…

@sigma79 said:

@hes said:

@sigma79 said:

@hes said:

@sigma79 said:

Yes, it most certainly does. You have to purchase it though. (I think it’s only $19.99 USD IIRC) the free demo does not include the AUV3 version.

All parameters are mappable, and sound design to your heart’s content.

Btw, I just tested it to make sure it’s still working as I haven’t used it in a while. Works perfectly as an AUv3!

It also has audio multi-out (just like Hammerhead and/or FAC’s Drumkit.

So I’m confused… what’s the problem?

Plus you say you have 2 iPads, one dedicated just for drums, and you already have Drambo, so why don’t you just use one for a Drambo drum machine??? You have unlimited drum tracks and unlimited sound design right there?

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    I’m also confused…

@sigma79 said:

@hes said:

@sigma79 said:

@hes said:

@sigma79 said:

Yes, it most certainly does. You have to purchase it though. (I think it’s only $19.99 USD IIRC) the free demo does not include the AUV3 version.

All parameters are mappable, and sound design to your heart’s content.

Btw, I just tested it to make sure it’s still working as I haven’t used it in a while. Works perfectly as an AUv3!

It also has audio multi-out (just like Hammerhead and/or FAC’s Drumkit.

So I’m confused… what’s the problem?

Plus you say you have 2 iPads, one dedicated just for drums, and you already have Drambo, so why don’t you just use one for a Drambo drum machine??? You have unlimited drum tracks and unlimited sound design right there?

The options are Drambo, Fac Drum and Drum computer.

but it does crash in Drambo.

Convinced its the restore purchase that appears in Drambo but not AUM.

I have purchased Drum computer.

Not sure about Drambo drums for sound design. If I feel its there then Id map to a controller.

Synth wise Drambo is good. So drums should be also?

• Hulk smash. Hulk unhappy.

• @ALB said:
    Hulk smash. Hulk unhappy.

Iv actually been this way since 2019 lol.

I end up just playing a synth.

• @Grandbear said:
    I'm a bit confused; I don't understand what you mean by Drumkit not having "mappable parameters". From your video on Drum Computer it looks like you're trying to run multiple instances which could explain the issues you're having. I think it's wrong to say that it doesn't run as AUv3 because of this.

@sigma79

I just noticed your video and agree with @Grandbear.

Instead of using multiple instances, try using just one instance of the Drum Computer AU. It is “Multi audio out”, so you can route each of its drum tracks output to its own audio channel.

I do this on the “Main” track mixer view.

Again, you only need one instance of the Drum Computer AUv3. (Probably the reason you’re having crashes)

• I tried using DrumComputer for a while, but I found the MIDI implementation was painful to work with. I really wish they'd release an AUv3 that just is one of the engines standalone.

My solution now is to use Drambo and a variety of different AUv3s and Instrument Racks for drums. I've saved the ones I like the most to folders so they are easy to recall. Fabfilter Twin 3 and Synthmaster 2 both have a solid collection of drum sounds to work with.

There are a bunch of cool Drambo drum racks on Patchstorage.

• @sigma79 said:

Not sure about Drambo drums for sound design.

Synth wise Drambo is good. So drums should be also?

dRambo is good for drum design for sure.

Here's a couple of examples

and here's another which is pure dRambo synthesis.
    I actually overdrove the outputs on this one.

• @qqq said:
    I tried using DrumComputer for a while, but I found the MIDI implementation was painful to work with. I really wish they'd release an AUv3 that just is one of the engines standalone.

My solution now is to use Drambo and a variety of different AUv3s and Instrument Racks for drums. I've saved the ones I like the most to folders so they are easy to recall. Fabfilter Twin 3 and Synthmaster 2 both have a solid collection of drum sounds to work with.

There are a bunch of cool Drambo drum racks on Patchstorage.

I agree.

Modules are the way.

Fac drum is 3%.

12 Fac drum. Saturn 2. Sequencers. 2 x mononke. Reslice.

33% in AUM.

Which is ok for the ipad air 3 as a drum ipad.

Just need modules like Drumcomputer.

@Grandbear said:

@sigma79

I just noticed your video and agree with @Grandbear.

Instead of using multiple instances, try using just one instance of the Drum Computer AU. It is “Multi audio out”, so you can route each of its drum tracks output to its own audio channel.

I do this on the “Main” track mixer view.

Again, you only need one instance of the Drum Computer AUv3. (Probably the reason you’re having crashes)

Should be able to sequence per track via drambo. As you might just route the needed note to the needed track.

• Feel bad because people might read and not buy apps

but its like Iv bought all drum apps and theres no drums

Like qqq is also saying.

• Here you go, I just put together a quick and dirty demonstration just for you.

I had to dust off my copy of Drum Computer as I haven’t used it in a long while, but the concept is the same. These days, I’d be using the Drambo AU multi-out inside Drambo standalone, but the setup is the same exact way.

Here you go, I just put together a quick and dirty demonstration just for you.

I had to dust off my copy of Drum Computer as I haven’t used it in a long while, but the concept is the same. These days, I’d be using the Drambo AU multi-out inside Drambo standalone, but the setup is the same exact way.

Thats a good drum track.

Cheers.

• @sigma79 said:

@Edward_Alexander said:
    Here you go, I just put together a quick and dirty demonstration just for you.

Thats a good drum track.

Cheers.

Thank you, though it’s just a quick demonstration showing that the AUv3 does work.

• @sigma79 said:

Recommendations?

Fac Drumkit is great, lightweight, nice synth, sampler, or a combination of the 2. You won’t have multi-sampled layers, or multi velocity layers, but it’s clean, clear ui, envelopes, etc.. make it a great option for synth, single sampled drums, or a combo/mix of the 2.
    I don’t mind not having a sequencer here, there’s several great sequencers available, and leaving it out makes the app much lighter on cpu/DSP and size. I’m still hoping to see a few more patches get up on Patchstorage for FAC DK.

Drambo fits the bill too. It can be almost anything really, a host, a piano roll/midi recorder, a clip launcher, an instrument/synth/drum machine/sampler/Wavetable device, an audio effect, a midi fx, etc…

I’ve actually kind of always thought of FAC DK as a simpler ( in a good way ) drum computer, without the internal sequencer. I love the random buttons too. FAC DK lets you dial things in, lovely touchscreen envelopes, and randomize each part if you like.

For something simpler another consideration could be a combination of Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM. Ruismaker for more standard drum machine type sounds, with limited individual sound synthesis tweaking but does have some options to alter or add fx to the sound. RuismakerFM is a drum synth great for any sound, but specializes in percussion noises, hats, Toms, bangs, boinks, bongs, all that stuff…

If AU is not a concern there’s DRUMLAB, DM2, Elastic Drums, all IAA and Audiobus compatible with good synth drum sounds.