Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Woodsynth 3.0

A new version is out. So how is it? Time to buy yet? Been tempted many times but haven't bought yet.

Comments

• yep - It does look intriguing
    but there is no proper demo of v3
    and what makes it unique...
    dunno why the coder doesnt make that :(

• Update or new app?

• I wonder how well it works on iPhone? The screenshot on the Appstore doesn't look promising 🥴

• @rs2000 said:
    I wonder how well it works on iPhone? The screenshot on the Appstore doesn't look promising 🥴

I just realised the folly of iPhone music making for old eyes. Bought SAND. It's awesome, but even a great synth like the Bleass ones has an impossible to see interface.

• @auxmux said:
    Update or new app?

Update - free for existing users.

• edited January 2023

I personally like it and think it’s a pretty underrated synth. It has a ridiculous amount of options and can go really deep. The UI on iPhone isn’t too bad because you can zoom in and scroll around but it can still be frustrating at times. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can explain how awesome the wavetable stuff is

• I quite like the sound of Woodsynth. I agree that it's underrated. I'm pleased to see the update today. 😊

• @waka_x said:
    yep - It does look intriguing
    but there is no proper demo of v3
    and what makes it unique...
    dunno why the coder doesnt make that :(

I made one for the new presets

• The new sequencer looks very deep on V3.

• edited February 2023

@all : I made a little 1-shot video about the new sequencer functionality to get you started.
    enjoy !
    Woodman

• edited February 2023

Can somebody Please record video demo of sampling into oscilator and use that recorded sound as wavetable in woodsynth? Im interested how it sounds, cannot find demo yt for such function of woodsynth. Thank you in advance.
    @woodman @eylvy ?

• @szczyp : I was planning to make a little vid on the wavetable support this weekend ...
    but here a few steps :

• insert WoodSynth as an effect (not instrument) to receive audio from the track input or use the stand-alone app.
    • recording : select the Rec tab in the Load panel
    • once you have recorded or loaded a sample from file, switch on the WT button to enter wavetable mode
    • then press "To WT" as the sample you recorded/loaded was not a proper wavetable

Woodman

• @all : just released v3.1 with 115 fantastic sounding new presets ! (made by Rosario Gennaro)
    Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @all : just released v3.1 with 115 fantastic sounding new presets ! (made by Rosario Gennaro)
    Woodman

Are these an IAP?

• @Kashi : no no, all included in the release

• @woodman said:
    @Kashi : no no, all included in the release

@woodman - I've updated to 3.1 but can't see any more presets in the list - do they need to be imported / downloaded separately? Also, the manual cannot be found on the website at the moment...

• @enkaytee said:

@woodman said:
    @Kashi : no no, all included in the release

@woodman - I've updated to 3.1 but can't see any more presets in the list - do they need to be imported / downloaded separately? Also, the manual cannot be found on the website at the moment...

Yes, same for me - hence my IAP question.
    Thanks for the update @woodman !

• @enkaytee : you should see "Copy Factory Presets" in the preset menu : that will install the new presets.
    I'll check the website, tnx.
    Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @enkaytee : you should see "Copy Factory Presets" in the preset menu : that will install the new presets.
    I'll check the website, tnx.
    Woodman

ah yes - OK, that's added them - Thanks...!

• I could download it but it seemed indeed rather slow but just in case I added the manual here.
    Woodman

• edited March 2023

@woodman said:
    I could download it but it seemed indeed rather slow but just in case I added the manual here.
    Woodman

I pressed the button, but I don't see 115 presets. You can write the name of at least one new one to check. Thanks.

• @solncekreeze : all the new ones start with GR, in the bass subfolder you should see GR Acid
    you should also see some new subfolders : brass, chord, experimental, ...
    Woodman

• edited March 2023

@woodman said:
    @solncekreeze : all the new ones start with GR, in the bass subfolder you should see GR Acid
    you should also see some new subfolders : brass, chord, experimental, ...
    Woodman

It's all good. Found presets🙌 Thanks.

• Cool, got 'em. Thanks @woodman

• @woodman said:
    @all : just released v3.1 with 115 fantastic sounding new presets ! (made by Rosario Gennaro)
    Woodman

Whoa, sweet! Time to get it. Thanks!

• Really enjoying this synth, each update gives cool new features that make me love it even more. Thanks @woodman

• edited March 2023

@woodman

Hello! I recently got this synth and was impressed by the interesting sound and possibilities within the borders of classic subtractive synthesis.
    But I run into some problems: I installed a Woddtroller a day later, and noticed that I couldn’t set up the pressure and cv74 interactions in any way. Everything I assign in the layer settings does not work, except for the pitch LFO molulation. And this is not a Woodtroller problem, because there are no such problems with MPE software on a Mac and with a Tera Pro.

And also it seemed to me that the interface of the synthesizer noticeably slows down in a standalone mode, but there are no problems in the host.

And please, add more interpolation for wavetable scan))

I hope that you fix this bugs!

• @temaniak : I assume the master buttons are switched on ? Also note that often the pressure (or CC74) mod are relative : for example the Filter Q : you have to set the Q high enough and pressure will modulate between 0 and 100% of the value set. If you set the Q to zero, the pressure will have no effect. Let me know if this helps. I will also make an mpe preset tonight and send it to you.
    Wavetable interpolation : np I will add higher number for the next update.
    Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @temaniak : I assume the master buttons are switched on ? Also note that often the pressure (or CC74) mod are relative : for example the Filter Q : you have to set the Q high enough and pressure will modulate between 0 and 100% of the value set. If you set the Q to zero, the pressure will have no effect. Let me know if this helps. I will also make an mpe preset tonight and send it to you.
    Wavetable interpolation : np I will add higher number for the next update.
    Woodman

Oh, thanx, i didn't know that the control knobs in this case work as attenuators. However, problems with c74 still here: all attachment parameters not works (( may be i did some wrong...

• @temaniak : I did a quick check : (Preset) Reset to default ; set layer CC74 to Freq Mod Depth ; switched on the CC74 master button ; and then used WoodTroller to generate the CC74 values and that works ok. Can you try these steps as well ?
    Woodman