Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro Update Version 1.0.40

tjatja
edited March 2023 in Loopy Pro

What’s New

4 Mar 2023 Version 1.0.40
See what's coming next in Loopy Pro, help guide development and follow specific features at LP's roadmap: roadmap.loopypro.com

• Made “Selected Clip” page-specific, so it persists when switching pages
  • Fixed count-out duration issue with intro recording
  • Fixed loop intro playback upon timeline start, when phase lock is disabled
  • Fixed a potential click when transitioning from intro to main loop
  • Fixed issue where clip merge could be recognised on drag, even when disabled
  • Fixed effect idle mode setting synchronisation across instances
  • Fixed a mixer layout glitch when switching from edit screen
  • Fixed issue with audio unit actions in global control profiles
  • Fixed sequence selection outside of viewport

Comments

• That's probably sufficient, I'm feeling adding the whole app store entry is a bit spammy

• @Michael said:
    That's probably sufficient, I'm feeling adding the whole app store entry is a bit spammy

OK 😅

• Thanks for doing these!

• @tja said:

@Michael said:
    That's probably sufficient, I'm feeling adding the whole app store entry is a bit spammy

OK 😅

Do you use the Gladys app for this? I find it can fetch the latest update description, in text form, as soon as it's available. I keep the AppStore links in Gladys, and download the description whenever it's updated. I can share my method if you like.

• @uncledave said:

@tja said:

@Michael said:

OK 😅

Do you use the Gladys app for this? I find it can fetch the latest update description, in text form, as soon as it's available. I keep the AppStore links in Gladys, and download the description whenever it's updated. I can share my method if you like.

I own Gladys on iOS, but never used it for the AppStore - would be great to see your method!

I use a (badly) self-written Shortcut to do those ...

• @tja said:

@uncledave said:

@tja said:

@Michael said:

OK 😅

I own Gladys on iOS, but never used it for the AppStore - would be great to see your method!

When viewing the AppStore entry for the app, tap the sharing icon, select "Keep in Gladys", shown in the first pic. You only need to do this once. Then, in Gladys, open the icon and download the URL item, second pic. Open the saved webarchive (eye icon) and you're there. Note that Gladys uses long press for select. This does not work for the Version History, only for What's New. I always delete the download and redownload when there's a new update; just repeating the download may suffice.

As you can see, I like to track the update logs of several apps. They're almost like the missing manuals.

• @Michael said:

Dude, I know you hear it all the time, but I really admire your talents, and even more, your hard work.

You are such a thoughtful developer. Your apps are so great. I have especially loved your videos where you describe your problem-solving process. At the end of the day, you have made a unique imprint on the world. It sounds hyperbolic, but it’s true.

There are probably enough Loopy Pro users, that there should be a spare bedroom and free beer for you in every major city in the world. There certainly is one here in the San Francisco Bay area.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Michael said:

Dude, I know you hear it all the time, but I really admire your talents, and even more, your hard work.

You are such a thoughtful developer. Your apps are so great. I have especially loved your videos where you describe your problem-solving process. At the end of the day, you have made a unique imprint on the world. It sounds hyperbolic, but it’s true.

There are probably enough Loopy Pro users, that there should be a spare bedroom and free beer for you in every major city in the world. There certainly is one here in the San Francisco Bay area.

So true 🤗

• @uncledave said:

@tja said:

@uncledave said:

@tja said:

@Michael said:

OK 😅

When viewing the AppStore entry for the app, tap the sharing icon, select "Keep in Gladys", shown in the first pic. You only need to do this once. Then, in Gladys, open the icon and download the URL item, second pic. Open the saved webarchive (eye icon) and you're there. Note that Gladys uses long press for select. This does not work for the Version History, only for What's New. I always delete the download and redownload when there's a new update; just repeating the download may suffice.

As you can see, I like to track the update logs of several apps. They're almost like the missing manuals.

Great, may thanks - going to test this, even as I worked hard for my Shortcut downloader 😅😅😅

• @tja said:

@uncledave said:

@tja said:

@uncledave said:

@tja said:

@Michael said:

OK 😅

Great, may thanks - going to test this, even as I worked hard for my Shortcut downloader 😅😅😅

I first missed Gladys, as I was searching it in the Apps to share to, but it is a different menu entry.

I pasted my result above 🤗

Many thanks!

• @tja said:

@uncledave said:

@tja said:

@uncledave said:

@tja said:

@Michael said:

OK 😅

Version history works too!

• Does anyone know if the upcoming 1.1 release will 'reset' the trial period?

I'm mostly interested in seeing how the midi-clip and automation stuff works and if will 'win me over' as the initial LoopyPro trial didn't click with me at all... (the UI hurts my eyes with too high contrast and flashy things).

Maybe LoopyPro just isn't for me...

• tjatja
    edited March 2023

@Samu said:
    Does anyone know if the upcoming 1.1 release will 'reset' the trial period?

I'm mostly interested in seeing how the midi-clip and automation stuff works and if will 'win me over' as the initial LoopyPro trial didn't click with me at all... (the UI hurts my eyes with too high contrast and flashy things).

😳😳😳

LP is ... the best thing ever 😅😅😅

P.S. Maybe a configurable color palette?

• @tja said:

We all have our own preferences, a goldmine for one user can be total garbage pile for another :sunglasses:
    This applies to almost everything, I love Logic, Drambo & SunVox while others can't stand them...
    ...In the end it's all about finding the tools that work with as little friction as possible.

• @Samu said:

@tja said:

We all have our own preferences, a goldmine for one user can be total garbage pile for another :sunglasses:
    This applies to almost everything, I love Logic, Drambo & SunVox while others can't stand them...
    ...In the end it's all about finding the tools that work with as little friction as possible.

True

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Michael said:

Thank you so much John, that made my day!

• @Samu said:

I hadn’t thought of that; it’s a good idea, I might do so for 2.0. Midi looping and full automation will be a 2.0 thing.

• @Michael said:

@Samu said:

I hadn’t thought of that; it’s a good idea, I might do so for 2.0. Midi looping and full automation will be a 2.0 thing.

Any ETA? 😅😅😅

Also, I wanna pay the next year ...

• @tja said:

@Michael said:

@Samu said:

Any ETA? 😅😅😅

Also, I wanna pay the next year ...

I'm not quite sure – I'm also juggling release the macOS version. But soon, it's a very high priority.

1.1 will have a few paid new features, too, and some free – the varispeed/reverse stuff will be free, OSC support, overdub feedback and a few other bits will need an upgrade to access 'em.

• I’m not sure if I’m overlooking or missing/ wishing something. Currently when I have an AU Instrument loaded and would like to replace it with another instrument I need to delete the track and create a new one. Hopefully I’m overlooking something but wouldn’t it be more convenient to use a system like AUM and Drambo that keeps the track intact? So instead of deleting the track you delete the AU Instrument.

• @Bietfriek said:
    I’m not sure if I’m overlooking or missing/ wishing something. Currently when I have an AU Instrument loaded and would like to replace it with another instrument I need to delete the track and create a new one. Hopefully I’m overlooking something but wouldn’t it be more convenient to use a system like AUM and Drambo that keeps the track intact? So instead of deleting the track you delete the AU Instrument.

in 1.0, you need to delete the mixer lane but not clips/tracks. In 1.1, it will be possible to replace.

• Hi @Michael ; I really like diving in Loopy Pro for days now… and I can see how deep of an app it is !
    I don't know if it has already been mentioned_ (surely yes…)_ but I've got something that seems to be a bug : I'm creating and saving projects with multiple tracks but only one color (blue… because I like blue B)) and only one donut (that I keep empty for now). Every time I open my projects, the blue is gone and my donut is almost invisible.
    Also, I know I could find the info on the roadmap, but can you estimate when multi out will be there ?
    Thank again for such a fantastic app ! :smiley:

• @Gratouilli said:
    Hi @Michael ; I really like diving in Loopy Pro for days now… and I can see how deep of an app it is !
    I don't know if it has already been mentioned_ (surely yes…)_ but I've got something that seems to be a bug : I'm creating and saving projects with multiple tracks but only one color (blue… because I like blue B)) and only one donut (that I keep empty for now). Every time I open my projects, the blue is gone and my donut is almost invisible.

What you describing doesn’t sound like anything I’ve seen mentioned here, on the Loopy Discord or the beta Slack channel.

Can you post a screen recording of what is going on (capturing the process of saving and then reopening and having it not be identical to what it was like when saved)?

Have you tried rebooting your device?

Also, I know I could find the info on the roadmap, but can you estimate when multi out will be there ?
    Thank again for such a fantastic app ! :smiley:

I think Michael has stopped trying to Project delivery dates.

The 1.1 release that he is working on has multi/channel in/out for Loopy Pro as an AU.

• @espiegel123 , thanks for your quick answer 🙏🏻
    Oops… what a "noob" I am! I didn't even think of rebooting… 🫣

So, I've just rebooted my iPad (Pro 11" - 2nd gen - iPadOS 16.3.1)… and it seems that the problem is gone for the new projects. But previous projects (only 3, so that's not a big deal…) still open without color, and even if I "recolor" the track and save them again, the color isn't saved.
    I'm just going to recreate these 3 projects 👍

• Is Loopy pro a replacement for Audiobus? Will AB be updated further.. the AB Remote is amazing..

• @RajahP said:
    Is Loopy pro a replacement for Audiobus? Will AB be updated further.. the AB Remote is amazing..

No.
    Yes.

• @tja said:

@RajahP said:
    Is Loopy pro a replacement for Audiobus? Will AB be updated further.. the AB Remote is amazing..

No.
    Yes.

Thanks..