Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A Loopy Pro tutorial on whole performance automation

Here’s Inbar Heyman with a wonderful Loopy Pro tutorial covering the sequencer and using it to automate a performance. Check her YouTube channel too for the full performance. Great stuff all round.

Comments

• I can see how helpful these tutorials are going to be. Speaking for myself of course.
    I’m familiar with the Loopy Pro sequencer from using Samplebot but had no idea you could map your song structure with empty loops to be filled in.
    Full transparency though, I have not dived in yet because it seemed to have lost that simplicity aspect that attracted me in the first place.
    I’m sure I will because I predict that I’ll have some spare time in the near future.
    Pretty exciting stuff.

• edited March 2023

Awesome @Michael
    Her content is awesome... And this video is ace
    I gotta do some Follow Actions. And although I don't do live like her, loved the visual representation on what input is muted or not :heart:

The way she uses is one of the main selling points for me. And the possibility to use it standalone or inside any other host made it my really modular go-to DAW. And of course, when you lowered the OS requirement :lol: My iPad mini 2 cannot go above ios12 :tongue:

• I'm just trying to figure out what went wrong with my head that I thought we couldn't rearrange the track order :lol: I redid my whole basic template for that. I understood from checking the project SQL on my PC that was because of the order I created the donuts :lol: (I used an editor to rename them later too)

I ended up with a basic "GM" template that works fine for me. Got 5 pages: basses, melodies, leads, drums and pads. Each has intro, verse, fill A , chorus, fill b, bridge and outro for 3 tracks in each category (1 extra on the pads page) totalling 16 tracks. :wink: Awesome for composing and pairs up nice whenever using traditional 16 midi instruments

• Haha! Wow, opening the SQLite db; you went deep!

• Thanks for flagging this! I just discovered Inbar’s videos yesterday but hadn’t seen this one. What happens in the sequencer if you mess a loop up? As it would just keep going and then be replying the loop with the mistake right?