Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your dream AUV3

If you could have a plug-in, tailor made for you.. what would you have?

I have two..

1. A simple plug-in that allows you to time stretch a sample on a grid, like Ableton.

2. A DJ fx plug-in.. scratches, spin-backs, chops, etc.

Let’s hear your wishes 😆

Comments

• A sampler that would load Kontakt instruments like these would be nice:
    https://www.indiginus.com/

• All Cherry Audio synths and effects on iOS.

• @Raggamuffin73 said:
    If you could have a plug-in, tailor made for you.. what would you have?

I have two..

1. A simple plug-in that allows you to time stretch a sample on a grid, like Ableton.

2. A DJ fx plug-in.. scratches, spin-backs, chops, etc.

Let’s hear your wishes 😆

don't forget Cubasis and Garageband have some DJ fx you can apply.

• @Danny_Kil said:
    A sampler that would load Kontakt instruments like these would be nice:
    https://www.indiginus.com/

+1

• ATOM 3 - being two apps in one. Main app plus satelite apps.
    Satelite apps would be with extensive midi editing toolset similar (apart from what is already available in Arom 2) the tools you can find in desktop version of FL Studio and with robust AUTOMATION recording and editing.
    The main Atom app would be to control other instances/satelites of Atom pianoroll in the project by keeping them as clips on a timeline allowing to quicky arrange them, duplicate, mute etc Would be also nice if you could add audio tracks/clips to that main instance as well :)

• A west coast synth modular groove box type thing with built in tape recorder. Fully modelled analogue goodness, plenty of LFOs and a sequencer. Something that you can make whole songs on.

• serato sample Auv3 be a good start for me.

• A really capable, flexible and experimental physical modeling synth with excellent mpe implementation, a beautiful interface, tons of great presets I could reverse engineer, fantastic on board modulation and capable of a wide variety of physical modeling types. (something like Plasmonic on desktop)

Built in automation recording in aum, and a built in high def internal modulation system like apematrix has

A looper capable of recording overdubbed mpe loops without altering the automation of the previous passes.

• A synth inspired by the Prophet 5 or Rev 2 that captures its sound and supports poly aftertouch, that's it. I would also go crazy for an Oberheim Matrix 6, 12, or ESQ-1/SQ80-inspired plugin.

• edited March 2023

@Gavinski said:
    A really capable, flexible and experimental physical modeling synth with excellent mpe implementation, a beautiful interface, tons of great presets I could reverse engineer, fantastic on board modulation and capable of a wide variety of physical modeling types. (something like Plasmonic on desktop)

Built in automation recording in aum, and a built in high def internal modulation system like apematrix has

A looper capable of recording overdubbed mpe loops without altering the automation of the previous passes.

Would love to see a really sophisticated physically modeled drum + percussion app (especially if it included Roto-Toms).

• Xequence 2 AUv3.

• Patterning 2 AUv3.

• Something that has great quality drum kits that plays with great dynamics, and supports MIDI in so that I can play it with an electronic kit.

• I really just want an AUv3 version of Patterning 2.

• wimwim
    edited March 2023

But honestly, Drambo and Loopy Pro, are already my dream AUv3's. I don't need much else - I have too many synths and FX as it is.

• @wim said:
    Xequence 2 AUv3.

I also vote for this!

• I'd say that it all starts with a host that is way more capable when it comes to audio & midi recording, playback and routing than what we currently have which is needed as an AUv3 can not directly communicate with another AUv3 and the host needs to act as a 'translator' between the plug-ins and even then it creates a messy 'Franken Daw' making working session recall a total night-mare.

But sure, gimme Ableton Simpler, Serato Sample, Waves CR8, Logic's Quick Sampler or Cubase Sampler Track as AUv3's for starters. The current sampler offerings leave a LOT to be asked for when it comes to stability & quality of certain functions related to audio mangling such as slicing and time-stretching...
    (Not a single one of the current AUv3 samplers can knock down BM3 after all these years).

• @Danny_Mammy said:
    serato sample Auv3 be a good start for me.

Amen to this!!!

• Not really a dream since I'm firmly on the camp of "I already have more than enough", but I can see myself splurging for an AUv3 version of VProm

• dream things always remind me of this -

• edited March 2023

A port of Massive that can load desktop presets.
    A port of Infiltrator.

(Yes yes, dreamin small today)

• Empress ZOIA Native
    Line 6 Helix Native

• Sugar Bytes Thesys v2.
    Better UI
    Custom Scales
    Scale Lock
    Maybe an ARP mode..

• An masterbus AUv3 that mints (with no gas fees) NFTs on multiple chains and marketplaces with one click. Ok - kidding. There's alot to like already but, as previously stated a proper sampler is a must (Serato Sample). From a niche perspective, more experimental equipment for exploring. i'd like to see apps Giorgio SanCristoforo comes up with - something like Ongaku or Compusynth400 would be nice. There's already a lot to play with tho - can't complain.

• Riffler is pretty close. With midi in being added eventually it will be even closer. I'd also love an auv3 version of Rock Drum Machine but I've given up hope the Lumbeat apps will ever go auv3.

• analogue processing as plug-in

• Someone has to say it: Arturia V9 Collection 🤷🏽

• Oh and Arturia Pigments 🙏🏻

• Original synth: virtual analog, polyphonic with granular delay, shimmer reverb, Juno chorus, LPG, wavefolding with unstable oscillators 🙌🏽

• Desktop quality channel strips, some of the ones I’ve used on my computer are just absolutely stunning