Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

It's time for better presets

edited February 2015 in Feature Wishlists

I'm getting too many presets in my Audiobus preset page. When I decide not to save a preset because I don't want to clutter up my list... I think it is time to request folders for our Audiobus presets.

I could have a work-in progress folder, and also make folders for a live set, with everything in chronological order for the night. Anyone else think this would be useful?

And while I'm on the topic, what I really want is to be able to bind a preset to MIDI action. Yesssssss!

Comments

• FOLDERS! FOLDERS! FOLDERS!

• In other words I want Audiobus to BE my fx pedalboard

• edited February 2015

Yes! I hadn't thought it through but could i use folders for Auria tracks, sound design etc.

• @Hmtx said:
    When I decide not to save a preset because I don't want to clutter up my list... I think it is time to request folders for our Audiobus presets.

Nailed it.

• I started naming them A1, A2 etc so i can find the most recent ones at the top. Even a search would be good for filtering stuff by instrument or fx...

• Can't beleive this hasn't been added already..

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Can't beleive this hasn't been added already..

I can't believe this also, but it would also be nice if you could create your own folders to place your AB apps in as well and an ability from within the app to share and load shared presets.

• +1 @ ^ all that stuff.

• Great ideas folks.

• Did I mention that I'd really like an alphabetized list of effect/app inserts in Auria? What? Wrong place? Oh. But still...

• edited February 2015

Yes absolutely!
    Folders for presets, which save Midi bindings. Folders are way overdue.

Other features I'd also like to see, well I can hope ;)

A cpu meter inside Audiobus + anything which can give signs and causes of potential problems with linked apps.

A rock solid Midi clock and bpm locked and controlled from within Audiobus.

A bypass switch for the effects channel of each lane.

Solo and mute switch for each lane

Built in mixer
    ....Or is this going too far, am I asking for too much? ;)

What I'd really like though is stability, I'm on the latest ios 8 and it's getting better but it's still crash city. I was working in Audiobus with 4 lanes of apps last night (something my Ipad mini retina is technically capable of) but I crashed about 8 times before giving up and resorting to 2 apps so I could get something done. I know that iOS 8 still has bugs that affect Audiobus so fingers crossed that will improve.

My enthusiasm for the platform has risen and fallen since I jumped on board just over a year ago. I feel it's fantastic as a sketchpad for ideas but as soon as I want to make these ideas solid, I feel I need to get it off the ipad into a desktop DAW and Apple couldn't make this process more difficult if they tried.

I am however excited by Auria Pro and the possible ipad pro of the future, I guess the platform still needs to mature a bit... here's to progress :)

• +1 for all of the above

• edited March 2015

Bump! @Michael for Audiobus Preset Folders

• edited March 2015

Another request :)

Another really useful feature as well as folders would be notes for each preset. Sometimes I'm saving song arrangements and might want to write down certain app configurations for the preset, Midi settings etc and especially if they are saved with non state saving apps.

It could be an icon with a pop up dialogue note box. I really like the way apesoft uses notes with their presets.

• edited March 2015

I'd like to be able to favorite apps in each of the input, fx, and output slots and then have the favorited apps auto-sort to the top of each list.

i.e. jamup in the fx list and master record in the output (and not both in both lists). thanks.

• Yes...sure...+1 for folders

• Did we ever get an official acknowledgment that folders were in the pipeline?

• I like notes. Don't always use them, but when they're what you need or want/lovely to have them attached associated with the file. A lot of bang for a reasonably simple buck.

• +1 for favorites and notes!

• Notes saved with a state, that is.