Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BrainZ IAP for Tera Pro released

BrainZ IAP for Tera Pro released

The BrainZ module is an adaption of the famous Plaits Eurorack module from Mutable Instruments with full integration into Tera Pro's modular system. Extended to allow for fully polyphonic usage this module adds an amazingly versatile palette of 16 different sound generators for the creation of wild and unexpected timbres using grain oscillators, particle generators, drum models, speech generators and many other synthesis models. The BrainZ synth models are tweaked by multi-functional Timbre, Harmonics, Frequency and Morph controls depending on the selected model. An integrated Low pass gate (LPG) adds west coast flavour to your sounds. BrainZ has an integrated oscillocope display to visualize and adjust waveforms exactly the way you want them to be. Having the outputs of BrainZ visualized with dancing waveforms is just fun!

BrainZ in-app-purchase for Tera Pro is available now for US$ 9.99 in the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tera-pro/id1578464219

Comments

• Whoa! Cool!

-rad 80s kid

Seriously though, very nice.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Whoa! Cool!

-rad 80s kid

Seriously though, very nice.

Sounds ridiculously good

• Just out of curiosity...
    ...how is the 'aux output' of the plaits/BrainZ module implemented in Tera Pro? Separate 'outputs'?
    (Both the Out and AUX provide different 'flavors' for each oscillators).

• Hhmmm, I don’t see it, maybe it hasn’t hit the US yet?

• edited February 2023

@Strizbiz said:
    Hhmmm, I don’t see it, maybe it hasn’t hit the US yet?

Did you update your app? I juuuust purchased it (from southern US)

• Excellent! Plaits is awesome.

• Very good news! I hope there will be a short demo on YouTube soon, but i’m sure I’ll buy it anyway 😎

• @Samu said:
    Just out of curiosity...
    ...how is the 'aux output' of the plaits/BrainZ module implemented in Tera Pro? Separate 'outputs'?
    (Both the Out and AUX provide different 'flavors' for each oscillators).

Both outputs are available in Tera Pro ( and can be seen separately on the oscilloscope )

• I made a short teaser vid a few days ago. You can't see the UI, as I didn't want to give away what was coming, but you can hear some of what it's capable of

Combined with the beautiful ability of Tera Pro to switch between presets smoothly while maintaining release of the previously chosen sound, you can do some incredible sonic morphing. For me, Tera Pro is the most interesting synth we have on iOS, bar none.

@Jer4 said:
    Very good news! I hope there will be a short demo on YouTube soon, but i’m sure I’ll buy it anyway 😎

• Not to mention Harry's pretty incredible skills as a preset designer (assuming he made them, not sure whether others were involved) . But we can all think of many ios synths that come with pretty lacklustre factory presets. I'm not going to name names. But this sure is not one of those synths.

• Well,

Now I've have to learn how to use the Tera Pro MEGs as 'step sequencers' :sunglasses:

It sounds easy but is quite tricky to do in practice especially if one is used to steps with values or something similar to the XLFO in FF apps.

• Thanks @Gavinski and very much agree, lots of love for Tera Pro!

• This makes me very excited. Don't own TP but will remedy that immediately and grab the IAP

Émilie from MI was actually responsible for getting me into making music on a portable device originally - she designed Bhajis Loops, a very ahead-of-its-time mini-DAW for Palm OS. If I could go back 20 years and show myself what I'd be using in the future, I think my young mind would be blown

• edited February 2023

Am I missing something? The Brain Z presets are silent, and can’t get any sound out of Brain Z at all 🤔

Working with the standalone … iOS 15.7.2

UPDATE: Had to go to Shop menu and click Restore.

• @craftycurate said:
    Am I missing something? The Brain Z presets are silent, and can’t get any sound out of Brain Z at all 🤔

Weird! Try a reboot and or reinstall, opening the standalone app one time before opening the auv3?

• @VirSyn One of the presets has a 'visual glitch'. It uses the BrainZ oscillator but is not visible in the amp section.
    (This is the only preset that behaves like this).

• @Samu said:
    @VirSyn One of the presets has a 'visual glitch'. It uses the BrainZ oscillator but is not visible in the amp section.
    (This is the only preset that behaves like this).

There are two other amp inputs used here: The two inputs above the Pan knob in the Amp section represent a direct LEFT and RIGHT input. They are hard panned to there respective outputs. These are patched to both BrainZ outputs.

• @Gavinski said:

@craftycurate said:

Weird! Try a reboot and or reinstall, opening the standalone app one time before opening the auv3?

Thanks … tapping Restore in the shop menu sorted it.

• @Gavinski said:
    Not to mention Harry's pretty incredible skills as a preset designer (assuming he made them, not sure whether others were involved) . But we can all think of many ios synths that come with pretty lacklustre factory presets. I'm not going to name names. But this sure is not one of those synths.

Very useable presets as jumping off points. Pressing the random dice then a key, then the random dice in a fairly quick sequence crashes the standalone or AU. Anyone else?

• How do I find the store for IAPs in Tera Pro?

• @Model10000 said:

@Gavinski said:
    Not to mention Harry's pretty incredible skills as a preset designer (assuming he made them, not sure whether others were involved) . But we can all think of many ios synths that come with pretty lacklustre factory presets. I'm not going to name names. But this sure is not one of those synths.

Very useable presets as jumping off points. Pressing the random dice then a key, then the random dice in a fairly quick sequence crashes the standalone or AU. Anyone else?

Could reproduce this one. Will try to find out & fix

• Demo and a giveaway for the IAP

• @andowrites said:
    How do I find the store for IAPs in Tera Pro?

Found.

• edited February 2023

Is this what you were hinting at on YT recently?

Edit : this was for Gavinski and if I’d read the whole thread I’d have seen that!

• Makes me less sad for selling my Microfreak!

• @VirSyn said:

There are two other amp inputs used here: The two inputs above the Pan knob in the Amp section represent a direct LEFT and RIGHT input. They are hard panned to there respective outputs. These are patched to both BrainZ outputs.

Ok, I was more referring to that the 'amp labels/slots' looked 'empty' in un-expanded mode.
    In expanded amp view mode I can see them BrainZ being used as L & R inputs :sunglasses:

• Uploading a vid that runs through all the presets as we speak. This synth going beast mode!

• @Gavinski said:
    Uploading a vid that runs through all the presets as we speak. This synth going beast mode!

Thank you for all your work not just with Tera Pro!

🙏

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @Gavinski said:
    Uploading a vid that runs through all the presets as we speak. This synth going beast mode!

Cool, still miss a clean default 'Init' preset with everything zeroed...
    ...sure I can make my own but there's no way to check if any of the modules already have some parameters set :sunglasses:

• @DMfan said:

@Gavinski said:

Thank you for all your work not just with Tera Pro!

🙏

/DMfan🇸🇪

Thnx bud!