Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Woohoo! Instabought! Just looks incredibly massive and deep while at the same time being 10.5 MB. Can't wait to dig into it. Youtube tutorials first.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Woohoo! Instabought! Just looks incredibly massive and deep while at the same time being 10.5 MB. Can't wait to dig into it. Youtube tutorials first.

For sure, I’ve been refreshing the board - waiting for this message!

• edited February 2023

The Fab stuff is my biggest blind spot on iOS. Haven’t sued any of their apps yet. But this looks incredible.

Edit: said sued instead of used but I’m leaving it so the replies make sense 😂

• @HotStrange said:
    The Fab stuff is my biggest blind spot on iOS. Haven’t sued any of their apps yet. But this looks incredible.

Oh, such a lawsuit would bring yourself to ruin. Best to use Fabfilter rather than sue them. 😏

• Are there any plans for a bundle?

• The very definition of instabuy

• Never bought anything from Fabfilter but got this straight from curiosity and to my surprise I have discovered it's not an Audio Unit FX as most Fabfilter apps but full blooded SYNTH, and boy it sounds juicy!!!

• Wheee! Now I can stop nitpicking and just have fun with it

• @oat_phipps said:
    Wheee! Now I can stop nitpicking and just have fun with it

😂

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

Oh, such a lawsuit would bring yourself to ruin. Best to use Fabfilter rather than sue them. 😏

😂😂😂 I didn’t even notice that. Auto correct is killing me lol. This may indeed be the first one I try though. Considering how much people seem to like the desktop versions.

• Is this an Intro price?

• @magnusovi said:
    Is this an Intro price?

Don’t think so.

• edited February 2023

Hmmmm, desktop version for US$45.15 or iOS for AU$38.99. Think I'll have to go desktop. Wish they had a model like Overloud.

• Holy crap this whole time I didn’t know it was a synth. Top of list, just need a video or 2 to confirm my decision.

• edited February 2023

How wacky is this synth? I heard it's a semi modular? Can we go 'kerazy' on it?

I guess I'm asking 'does it krell'?

• There are a few things in the manual which I'm not sure how to do on iOS as they require things like command etc on a mac. Eg. How to select multiple non adjacent filters on iOS? How to change the panning of a filter? How to make one parameter change simultaneously affect all oscillators?

• How to change filter slope?

• @Gavinski said:
    How to change filter slope?

• Thanks Samu, I overlooked that that little button on the bottom left can be pressed. Any idea about my other Qs? > @Samu said:

@Gavinski said:
    How to change filter slope?

• @Gavinski said:
    Thanks Samu, I overlooked that that little button on the bottom left can be pressed. Any idea about my other Qs? > @Samu said:

Granted that I've not yet gotten Twin 3 for iPad (waiting for the bundle to drop so I can save a few bucks since I've not that well off at the moment, but won't say no to a promo-code but I will not beg).

To change the pan I guess it's the same as in their other iPadOS apps ie. double-tap-and-drag the node to adjust the pan.
    (On the Mac it's hold command + drag node) Double tap on the value should also work.

On the Mac 'option drag' on the level knob relatively changes levels, have not found a way globally edit the same parameter of all oscillators... (It's worth to try the double-tap-and-drag here as well).

Multiple filter nodes can be selected using a 'lasso' which appears when long-tapping on an empty area, same as in Pro-Q 3, Saturn 2 etc.

From what I can se the manual for Twin 3 has not yet been updated with iPadOS specific gestures.

Cheers!

• @Gavinski Regarding filter-slow I think it's worth to check if double-tap-drag up/down on the filter node changes the slope.
    (This is the case in Volcano).

Yepp, in Volcano 3 pan is Double-Tap-Drag Left/Right to change and, and Double-Tap-Drag Op/Down change slope.

• Thnx Samu, no you would need to try it to see what I'm talking about. Panning knobs is no problem and I'm also aware of the lasso thing. In the filter neither long taps nor double taps allow me to change the pan (which is just a numerical value, no knob). Also, when an xlfo is set to tempo sync mode, I find it very hard to click the dots around the knob to jump to predefined offsets for dotted and triplet synchronization. Instead what happens is that I often accidentally end up activating the balance or glide controls. FF need to think more about what the iOS experience will be like when creating their desktop interfaces, BEFORE they port them. Some things are extremely fiddly, or maybe even impossible. I'm compiling a detailed email of observations and questions for FF, so maybe some of these will be solvable. But they really should have updated the manual for iOS, to explain touch gestures that replace key + mouse controls, or better yet, made a separate ios-specific manual. It's very time consuming going through the manual and having to figure out what, if any, the touch gestures are for certain key + mouse commands.

That said, this is a really amazing sounding synth with some great features and a lot of potential. Not sure - apart from the fact that it's 'just' a subtractive synth - why there hasn't been more buzz.

• @Samu What kind of bundle do you expect?
    That it will be added to one of the existing bundles?

I bought all of them already, so I don't expect this to give me any benefit....

But who knows what's possible in the App Store and what not 😅
    Maybe a new bundle with any and all of their Apps?!?

• Excellent observation - that does indeed work for both of these, cheers! > @Samu said:

@Gavinski Regarding filter-slope I think it's worth to check if double-tap-drag up/down on the filter node changes the slope.
    (This is the case in Volcano).

Yepp, in Volcano 3 pan is Double-Tap-Drag Left/Right to change and, and Double-Tap-Drag Op/Down change slope.

• @tja said:
    @Samu What kind of bundle do you expect?
    That it will be added to one of the existing bundles?

Twin 3 is part of the 'Creative Bundle'
    https://www.fabfilter.com/shop/creative-bundle

Currently we have the 'Creative FX Bundle' which is only missing Twin 3 to make it equal to the 'Creative Bundle' :sunglasses:

So I'm hoping we'll see the 'Creative Bundle' pop up on iOS now that Twin 3 has been ported over...
    Twin 2 was part of the previous 'Creative Bundle' for desktop and is now replaced with Twin 3.

The reason I'm holding off for now is that the TG500/SY85 IAP for PureSynth is just around the corner.
    https://gospelmusicians.com/collections/pure-synth-expansions
    (The prices are 'Desktop' and iOS prices are a bit lower for all of them).

Cheers!

• It is very hard to adjust the balance knob in the xlfo when a lot of modulation controls are set up. Normally FF outer ring controls (eg the pan knobs) give a lot of leeway in regards to where exactly the user touches, but in the mod section, when I try to adjust xlfo balance and a lot of modulators are set up, what often happens is that either a) the offset / frequency knob moves instead or b) the whole mod section starts moving as the interface thinks I'm trying to scroll. Is there a certain knack to this?

• @Samu looking at the volcano 3 manual more than a year after release there is still no ios specific info about gestures that replace mouse + keyboard controls. How is a user supposed to know these things? Constant trial and error? 😂

• I love this synth already.

• @Gavinski said:
    @Samu looking at the volcano 3 manual more than a year after release there is still no ios specific info about gestures that replace mouse + keyboard controls. How is a user supposed to know these things? Constant trial and error? 😂

The HTML manual is different compared to the downloadable PDFs :sunglasses:
    https://www.fabfilter.com/help/saturn/using/ios
    https://www.fabfilter.com/help/volcano/using/ios

• But yes, there's a lot of trial-n-error needed to figure out everything :)