Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VIO-AUDIOBUS

It may not be showing in your updates yet...but do a search...it's here! :)

Comments

• It's showing in U.S.

• It's here!

• I've just updated checking now going to be vocals all over my stuff now wow !

• We'd love to hear the recordings you make with Vio! Please don't hesitate to share them with us:

http://twitter.com/vio_app
    http://facebook.com/vioapp
    http://soundcloud.com/vioapp

or email [email protected].

Thanks for all the support!

• Huzzah!

• Hey everyone,

I'm one of the audio devs and sound designers. I recorded a short house track with Vio and Figure connected by AudioBus, which you can watch here:

In this video, I mostly just hummed long notes or looped my voice and let Vio's sequencer handle the melodic work. I also used quick changes of morphing position to create a kind of call-and-response phrasing in some sections.

Due to a dumb coding mistake I made, Vio will very slowly drift out of sync with other apps even if you match tempos. Usually this won't matter, but in certain cases it could. We'll have a fix out in roughly a week. In the meantime, there is one tempo that will stay in sync just because of the way the math of my error worked out. It's 126 bpm. So, this is house music week with Vio and AudioBus.

Please share your creations with us. I'd love to see a video of someone using Vio in conjunction with BeatMaker or iMPC. Cheers,

Patrick

• edited March 2014

• In the meantime, there is one tempo that will stay in sync just because of the way the math of my error worked out. It's 126 bpm. So, this is house music week with Vio and AudioBus.

Is just the most awesome thing. Congrats on the update!

• Just woke

Sun is shining

Still half asleep

Watched jazzarimusic yt vid ( luv that toon!)

And bought vio and turnado

Am sure I had planned to do something today...

AB boi's your making the world a better place

• Does it go in the effects slot ?

• edited March 2014

• Lol, why do devs keep doing that?

• @PaulB I get the feeling that adding FX slot support is a lot more work than Input.

• Probably, but worth the extra effort, IMO. I doubt I'll get this app without it.

• Oh, I agree with you completely! :) Definitely worth it for apps where it's obvious.

• edited May 2013

I see that the developer has mentioned elsewhere that it is just an input for the moment due to its pitch correction limiting it to monophonic only. Plans for future fx slot.

• does the excited weasel hand rub with plenty of ooh-ah-ahs

• I can't figure this app out or how I would ever use it in anything I do. Glad someone out there has found a use for it, though.

• Vio 1.2.1 is out, which fixes my tempo bug, so now Vio should stay in sync with other apps if you match their tempos (assuming the other app has an accurate clock).

If you make something cool with Vio and other apps, please throw a tweet at us @vio_app or post it on our Facebook page. Best, Patrick

• Patrick,
    Effects slot??

• Roger that....

• That'll be awesome if and when that comes

• @boone51: At the very least you can walk around saying:

Also: it is very interesting to listen to it try to autotune burps. ;)

• Effects slot capability has been a much-requested feature, and we're working on it. One of the reasons we're taking our time is that Vio is intended to work with monophonic input; sending polyphonic input through Vio might sound cool, or it might sound awful and leave users annoyed and frustrated. That's something we try to avoid. In case you're wondering why polyphonic input is a problem, the answer is that Vio is more than a vocoder; it also performs pitch-correction and harmonization, and even if Vio were capable of real-time polyphonic pitch detection, which it is not, it's unclear from a design perspective what Vio should do with polyphonic input. In short, we want to offer Vio as an Audiobus effect, but we want to do so in a way that meets users' expectations.

Btw, I'm not sure if we've mentioned this, but we strongly recommend using Vio with a buffer size of 512. Because Vio performs internal buffering, there is no latency advantage to using 256. The only difference is that 256 is more likely to cause glitching.

• I think your caution is a very sensible approach.

Maybe some users were unaware to what is really going on under the hood with Vio, and hopefully the above will make that clearer.

The other voice apps are still not on the bus, and perhaps one of the reasons may be this very topic.

• Fans of Danzig and/or American writer Joyce Carol Oates, whose horror fiction shares a certain blood-drenched affinity with the lyrics of Danzig, may enjoy this electro pop mashup I made with Vio, Audiobus, and Figure:

• Love it! What a great idea! Reminds me of the Symphony of Science videos:

• edited March 2014