Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

5th Generation iPad update from OS 13.3 to 16 or not?

I've held off updating the OS because all was working pretty much flawlessly. I use the iPad mostly for music, sometimes taking photos and browsing the net. In the past six months I've purchased a few more CPU hungry apps, Tera Pro, UA Silo, Tails and Lo-Fi. I've had Tera Pro crashing when loaded in Drambo (maybe the latest Drambo update has fixed this). I'm wondering, especially with Tera Pro whether updating to OS 16 would improve performance. Insights / advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• I wouldn't expect any improvement in performance of the core iPadOS components from an update. Remember, this is still the neXt OS being rehashed (and rehashed). Three years of added features and complexity might even harm underlying performance. Unless you need iPadOS 16 for an app, you're likely better off staying put.

Have you looked for Tera Pro crash logs? Search in Settings for Analytics, find Analytics data, and look for filenames starting with "Tera Pro". You'll probably find that they're internal errors in the program itself. If you're not already enabled "Share With App Developers", you might try sending the logs to the dev.

• Many thanks @uncledave for the informative response. > @uncledave said:

Three years of added features and complexity might even harm underlying performance.

That was my presumption and reason for not updating.

I found the crash logs for Tera Pro; what's strange is TP is not on the list of apps on the settings page to enable analytics for that app.

• @ElectroHead said:
    Many thanks @uncledave for the informative response. > @uncledave said:

Three years of added features and complexity might even harm underlying performance.

That was my presumption and reason for not updating.

I found the crash logs for Tera Pro; what's strange is TP is not on the list of apps on the settings page to enable analytics for that app.

Not strange. Those app "Analytics" settings are features added by the app developers to provide detailed logging when users report problems. The crash logs recorded by iOS in Analytics Data occur whenever a program has a system-level error, like a bad address (SIGSEGV). iOS also logs whenever an app seems to use too much of a resource, like CPU or diskwrites. They are recorded for all apps, and you can optionally share them with devs and with Apple.