Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scaler 2 in Loopy Pro?

edited February 2023 in Loopy Pro

Hi,
Been trying to setup Scaler2 in Loopy and I can’t get it to work. Must be missing something .
I want Scaler2 to recognize chords/notes in an audio clip and then find suggestions, etc.
I can get audio from a clip into Scaler2 if I put it in a bus or in a Color channel (auv3 fx). But then I can’t play midi chords or listen to the suggestions. Actually I can for some random time when I am on the “detect” mode and I set an auv3 to Scaler2 as source…

Anyway. I’m sure some of you have it working so please save me from further frustration!. Thanks!.

Comments

• @tahiche said:
    Hi,
    Been trying to setup Scaler2 in Loopy and I can’t get it to work. Must be missing something .
    I want Scaler2 to recognize chords/notes in an audio clip and then find suggestions, etc.
    I can get audio from a clip into Scaler2 if I put it in a bus or in a Color channel (auv3 fx). But then I can’t play midi chords or listen to the suggestions. Actually I can for some random time when I am on the “detect” mode and I set an auv3 to Scaler2 as source…

Anyway. I’m sure some of you have it working so please save me from further frustration!. Thanks!.

If you want it to send MIDI, did you also use Add MIDI to add it as a midi source? If posted a clip showing the setup and the problem, it might help figure out what isn’t right. Also, you might want to turn off Enable Idle for it…otherwise it will go dormant when there isn’t audio signal into it.

• @espiegel123 said:

@tahiche said:
    Hi,

If you want it to send MIDI, did you also use Add MIDI to add it as a midi source? If posted a clip showing the setup and the problem, it might help figure out what isn’t right. Also, you might want to turn off Enable Idle for it…otherwise it will go dormant when there isn’t audio signal into it.

You’re a lifesaver @espiegel123 ! It was indeed the “Enable Idle” setting that was on!. That’s why it would work when the “capture” popup was open, and it would go off a short while after stopping the record function. Thanks! 🙌🤘🤘🤘👏👏👏

• In case it helps someone else, here’s the setting… long press on the “idle” button to access.

I had never seen/needed that setting before.
    I guess now it’ll work on a color track, a bus send, another color receiving audio, etc… Great!.