Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fabfilter Twin 3

Coming soon, and let's hope they port it to iOS!

Comments

• Maybe it's a cross platform release on day one?!
    (We can always dream, right?).

• @richardyot said:
    Coming soon, and let's hope they port it to iOS!

Looks like a fantastic update! 🙏🏻

• edited February 2023

maybe the 3 upgrade will happen in Auria Pro, 2's home on iOS

• DIdn't some previous Fabfilter releases have simultanous release on desktop/iOS e.g. Timeless 3?

• @Littlewoodg said:
    maybe the the 3 upgrade will happen where 2 lives now on iOS: Auria Pro

😂🙈… the best idea to be sure not to sell any copy!

Before even knowing if it'll drop on iPadOS, let me say what will eventually be more than discussed again and again : What a tiny UI! This thing has "just" been ported there from desktop and is absolutely unusable on a touchscreen… etc.
    😇

Now… let's hope it will really be released for iPadOS (<16.3) 🤞🏼

• @craftycurate said:
    DIdn't some previous Fabfilter releases have simultanous release on desktop/iOS e.g. Timeless 3?

Yeah, or maybe it was Saturn 2 I can't remember but I hope we'll get Twin 3 for iPad on day one...

• Oh my…and yes I’m reasonably sure it will be simultaneous on iPad

• Lets's see if they respond...
    ...I posted a question in the YT comments if it will also drop for iPadOS...

• Yes yes yes yes! Wonder if it will break the $30 standard upper limit barrier for iOS.

• The last two, Saturn and Timeless, weren’t simultaneous, but it was only like a week or two wait for the port, as opposed to it used to being 3 months or so

• @oat_phipps said:
    Yes yes yes yes! Wonder if it will break the $30 standard upper limit barrier for iOS.

I have a feeling there will be a 'Creative Bundle'...
    I suspect $24.99 like the rest of them when not on sale.

• I will add as a Fabfilter fanboy that starting with Saturn, I haven’t been able to click with the new generation interfaces as well as the previous ones which were Auria only, which got me hooked. They’ve become a bit too busy and icon-packed. But they still sound as good or better than anything else.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I will add as a Fabfilter fanboy that starting with Saturn, I haven’t been able to click with the new generation interfaces as well as the previous ones which were Auria only, which got me hooked. They’ve become a bit too busy and icon-packed. But they still sound as good or better than anything else.

Who knows, they might have learned from their mistakes and design a more touch friendly UI that works well both on desktop and mobile.

• Yeah that UI is busy but it sure sounds good. It makes me almost consider getting an Apple Pencil but I’m not dealing with that crappy battery issue

• Thanks for the link!
    It doesn't sound like it would replace any of the better iOS synths (including Zeeon, TB Flowtones and Continua)...

• Yes, I'm excited for this, because FF stuff is always very high quality. But that is one very underwhelming teaser, starting with the cliche "focus pull" to convey, I guess, dynamism? But even the sounds were kind of lame. I'm sure there's more to the story. I'd also be very surprised if this wasn't of a higher pricing tier than its effects.

• Floris Klinkert, who from what I searched is one of the founders and coder of Fabfilter, wrote on FB that the ios version will be shortly after the normal release.

• @monomatik said:
    Floris Klinkert, who from what I searched is one of the founders and coder of Fabfilter, wrote on FB that the ios version will be shortly after the normal release.

Oh snap!

• Cool, guess it will also be part of the creative bundle on iOS/iPadOS?

I've briefly skimmed thru the manual and it's quite straight forward with no real surprises under the hood.
    So it's more or less all about the 'sound' :sunglasses:

• @Samu got a free upgrade on desktop 😶 so I guess it will be $18.99 release - $24.99 reg. + also part of the creative bundle

• Yesss...

And I was just thinking, iPad could really use another synth from a high quality developer.

• new piece of my GAS collection... :)

• Yeah, very good to see this but that demo video sound didn't sell it to me either. But it's one of those synths that wins you over when you try it for yourself.... I had convinced myself that I didn't need this but will definitely get it now :)

• Nice! OT I’m really impressed with the filters in AudioLayer…

• The manual is a good read and really helps to keep expectation sunder control :sunglasses:
    https://www.fabfilter.com/help/twin

• What makes Twin more than just another decent synth among many others, either on desktop or on iOS? I'm going to bravely go out on a limb here and assume it's not the microscopic UI :). I downloaded the desktop trial in the lunch break and the presets, while some of them nice, are nothing to write home about. There is even a separate preset category called Best of Twin2 - and it's got nothing special in it. If this is the best the previous version had, I'm at a loss.

Is it the tweakability? Is it something else, other than the sounds? Or is it the sounds which, unlike me, most people find special?

Genuine question, I'm asking to learn. I seem to be in the minority here with this position.

• @ervin said:
    What makes Twin more than just another decent synth among many others, either on desktop or on iOS? I'm going to bravely go out on a limb here and assume it's not the microscopic UI :). I downloaded the desktop trial in the lunch break and the presets, while some of them nice, are nothing to write home about. There is even a separate preset category called Best of Twin2 - and it's got nothing special in it. If this is the best the previous version had, I'm at a loss.

Is it the tweakability? Is it something else, other than the sounds? Or is it the sounds which, unlike me, most people find special?

Genuine question, I'm asking to learn. I seem to be in the minority here with this position.

For me the sonic range and quality is top for this type of synth, and the modulation capability is second to none.
    The Ui is also really good for me. It's not just a wall of knobs, and you get lots of visual feedback.