Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ab vortEx X | Spatial Spacetime Designer Demo: Pretty Cool! (Review in Pinned YT Comment)

ab vortEx X | Spatial Spacetime Designer Demo: Pretty Cool! (Review in Pinned YT Comment)

ab vortEx X is an experimental reverb for iOS which is a ‘lite’ version of the Audio Brewers ab vortEx plugin. The dev is listed in the AppStore under the name Alejandro Cabrera Zuniga. While less powerful than its desktop big brother, this is capable of some truly lovely, unusual sounds. See the pinned YouTube comment for a pinned review and some important things to note about the differences between this and the full desktop version.

Here I demo it on guitar and synth sounds.

Please remember to thumbs if you enjoy the vid and find it helpful, and subscribe for more iOS music-related vids 🙏

Comments

• Good demo.
    So, from what I get from this is, that it’s just a reverb with a pitch shifter in its tail? I wonder if this fx can be as easy achieved with messing around with a shimmer reverb..

• @Slush said:
    Good demo.
    So, from what I get from this is, that it’s just a reverb with a pitch shifter in its tail? I wonder if this fx can be as easy achieved with messing around with a shimmer reverb..

Give it a try and report back, sir! I most like the low space settings with slightly higher amounts of time, you can hear how nice that sounds on the guitar in the earlier part of the vid

• I don’t have a dedicated shimmer reverb, I’m not so much into shimmer stuff, but I have a shimmer in my TB reverb and gave it a try. I can get some of that fx by playing with the ‘shift’ levels in the shimmer section, but limited. Maybe with something like Alteza?

• “Pretty” cool haha. I’m onto you polite YouTubers code

• For me personally it's a bit too much for 'just giving it a try'.

Some day I do hope we'll get the Valhalla DSP stuff ported over to iPadOS...
    ...now that's something I'd actually be prepared to pay for...

• @Samu said:
    For me personally it's a bit too much for 'just giving it a try'.

I have hope we’ll see Valhalla some day. I know that AudioThing said, just a few months ago, they had some plans for iOS somewhere in the future but it didn’t had priority, now see what has happened :)

• @Slush said:

@Samu said:
    For me personally it's a bit too much for 'just giving it a try'.

I have hope we’ll see Valhalla some day. I know that AudioThing said, just a few months ago, they had some plans for iOS somewhere in the future but it didn’t had priority, now see what has happened :)

AudioThing miniBit & Speakers are the ones I'm waiting for...

• Nice. I love this type of reverb.

• @oat_phipps 😂 - there's just a LOT of good reverbs, including many good ones for ambient etc. If this was the full desktop port rather than a lite version, and if the xy pad allowed high Space and Low time I'd rate it great. As it is I think it is genuinely pretty cool but it's not mind blowing

• I’m in the “it’s a bit too much for me to take a gamble on” camp, but I’m finding it hard to resist. Anything that plays into my obsession with fake surround (ie does interesting things when put through Pro Logic II) catches my interest. Am planning on another watch or two of the demo video later this evening to see if I can make my mind up. It’s a pity it’s a cut down version, though. On the other hand it seems heavy on processing (judging by Doug’s live stream last night), so maybe that makes it more usable than the full version would be.