Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

envelope follower ios

are there any other envelope follower effect apps on ios besides FAC Envolver ?

Comments

• Do simply you mean effects with built-in envelope follower functions that can be used to modulate parameters?
    If so there's a load of those from BLEASS, FF & TB for starters...

• Or this one:

• So far Drambo has the best envelope editor I’ve tried. But that is not what you asked.

• Mirack and Drambo can do it. Fabfilters stuff can do it too as a modulator, I like volcano for it cos I can get a wah sound.

• @rs2000 said:
    Or this one:

I thought I'd for once try to not mention Drambo :sunglasses:
    SunVox can do it as well by routing the audio input thru a snd2ctrl module to a parameter in another module.

• @Samu said:
    Do simply you mean effects with built-in envelope follower functions that can be used to modulate parameters?

what is FF and TB? i’m basically looking to take an audio signal , and modulate other app cc parameters with the varying volume of the audio signal

• Loopy Pro has an amplitude envelope follower function

• @eross
    FF FabFilters
    TB tuberculosis… :wink: er Tone Boosters

• @eross said:

@Samu said:
    Do simply you mean effects with built-in envelope follower functions that can be used to modulate parameters?

what is FF and TB? i’m basically looking to take an audio signal , and modulate other app cc parameters with the varying volume of the audio signal

OK then it would look like this:

• @audiblevideo said:
    @eross
    FF FabFilters
    TB tuberculosis… :wink: er Tone Boosters

haha

• edited February 2023

@rs2000 said:

@eross said:

@Samu said:

drambo, what doesn’t it do? thanks

• @eross said:

@rs2000 said:

@eross said:

@Samu said:

so is this patch in the midi fx , or audio fx slot when used i. AUM?

• @eross said:

@eross said:

@rs2000 said:

@eross said:

@Samu said:

that should be audio FX so it can recieve the audio stream

• @Samu said:
    I thought I'd for once try to not mention Drambo :sunglasses:

We have all tried…

• @eross said:

What's wrong with FAC Envolver?

• @wim said:

@eross said:

What's wrong with FAC Envolver?

fac is cool. just curious what else was out there.

• @cokomairena said:

@eross said:

@eross said:

@rs2000 said:

@eross said:

@Samu said:

that should be audio FX so it can recieve the audio stream

cool i’ll try that

• Flux FX free
    Flux FX Pro
    Velvet Machine maybe, but definitely the first 2

• Velvet machine is great but what does it have to do with envelope followers? 🤔 and could it be that flux fx was removed from the app store? I cant find it in the german store

• Mela 3 has one in the Mela FX AU version.

• edited February 2023

@dobbs said:
    Velvet machine is great but what does it have to do with envelope followers? 🤔 and could it be that flux fx was removed from the app store? I cant find it in the german store

Well, it’s not exactly the same, but can be used to shape transients. It’s basically a reverby envelope. Not quite sure how to explain it, but the main interaction is via an envelope.

It should still be there let me check.

• edited February 2023

My bad names weren’t exact

Flux Mini free
    Flux Mini 2 free
    Flux Pro $11.99

• @CracklePot said:
    Mela 3 has one in the Mela FX AU version.

Dang he added a lot to that app, some how that one got by me…

• @Poppadocrock said:

@dobbs said:
    Velvet machine is great but what does it have to do with envelope followers? 🤔 and could it be that flux fx was removed from the app store? I cant find it in the german store

Well, it’s not exactly the same, but can be used to shape transients. It’s basically a reverby envelope. Not quite sure how to explain it, but the main interaction is via an envelope.

It should still be there let me check.

You can draw envelopes in Velvet Machine, maybe that is what Poppa is referring to?

• velvet machine and Mela. cool i’m gonna check those out right now thanks

• @CracklePot said:
    Mela 3 has one in the Mela FX AU version.

dude thank you for suggesting this. I bought Mela on a weekend I was busy. But never realized that there are so many separate effects that came with this synth. it’s kind of awesome.