Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sunvox 2.1 is out!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sunvox/id324462544

What’s New
Version History
Feb 1, 2023 Version 2.1

• now the interface is displayed in high resolution; if you want to switch back to the normal low resolution mode (on some devices this will increase the FPS) - go to the Preferences -> Interface -> Low resolution;

• Preferences -> Audio -> Additional options: new option "minimize the amount of system-supplied signal processing" (measurement mode);

• high resolution icons;

• high resolution fonts with fractional scaling; you can disable these features in Preferences -> Interface -> Fonts;

• sound engine optimization;

• Distortion: new type "saturation" (adding odd harmonics) + five of its variations;

• MultiSynth: new option "Output port number = random" (three different algorithms are available);

• Loop: new controller "Length unit" (line/128;line;line/2;line/3;tick;ms;Hz);

• Loop: new controller "Maximum buffer size" (in seconds) to protect against allocating too much memory;

• Loop: the maximum of the "Repeat" controller has been increased to 128 (128 = repeat endlessly);

• new curve types for ADSR and FMX modules: rect; smooth rect; 2-bit (linear); 3-bit; 4-bit; 5-bit;

• module editor menu: new function "Mute/Solo buttons" to show/hide the Bypass/Mute/Solo buttons under each module;

• musical keyboard: the new panel with additional functions and settings; to open it - increase the height of the keyboard and press the appeared "+" button;

• musical keyboard settings: type (classic, uniform, free (any frequency)), number of rows, key width, color inversion, autorepeat;

• new way to edit a pattern - drawing with a brush; go the pattern editor menu and select "Draw" - this will open the pattern drawing tools;

• for a more detailed description of working with a brush, see https://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/manual.php#pdraw

• new features in the pattern editor menu: Copy to brush; Reverse; Draw (open pattern drawing tools);

• Preferences -> Timeline: new option "Hexadecimal track numbers";

• Preferences -> Toolbars: the buttons on the horizontal dividers can be customized here; see https://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/manual.php#toolbars

• pattern editor menu -> Remap: module number -1 = all modules;

• more detailed pattern names after the live recording;

• new pattern effect (column EE): 35 - bind MIDI OUT message XX (0 - Program Change; 1 - Channel Pressure; 2 - Pitch Bend Change) to controller YY (0 - OFF; 0x80 - MIDI controller 0; 0x81 - MIDI controller 1...); for the specified module only;

• new special pattern command: "XX" - stop the module, clear its internal buffers and put it into standby mode;

• new keyboard shortcuts (unassigned by default) that open the corresponding tool windows in the pattern editor:

• interpolate;

• transpose;

• cyclic shift;

• set effect;

• draw;

• new keyboard shortcuts (unassigned by default) for the pattern editor:

• clear pattern;

• shrink pattern /2;

• expand pattern *2;

• slice by cursor;

• reverse;

• pattern properties;

• show/hide CCEEXXYY columns;

• scale;

• insert a special command "Stop the Module" (XX);

• new keyboard shortcuts for working with the brush:

• CTRL+E - play current note (in the pattern editor) and copy it to the brush;

• CTRL+L - play the notes of the current line (in the pattern editor) and copy it to the brush;

• play the 1st line of the brush (unassigned by default);

• сopy selected area of the pattern to the brush (unassigned by default);

• CTRL+G - paste from the brush;

• new modules in the instruments/ and effects/ folders;

• new examples:

• SunVox Compo 2022.02 winners: fuzion_mixer & Logickin - Synthonic Voyage, RobloxFan75000 - Hypermatic, PhilipBergwerf - We want Peace;

• NightRadio - Cycles of Light;

• updated version of SunVox library for developers: https://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/sunvox_lib.php

• bug fixes.

Comments

• Very excited to play with this B)

• This is great. It’s now feasible to properly use on the phone. In fact, the phone might be the best place for it. My favourite iOS gui.

• GUI overdosis.

• I’ve always been intrigued by this (And “trackers” in general). One of these days, I’ll take the time to sit down and figure out how it all works.

• Edward_Alexander:
    Sunvox forum is massive:)
    songs, instruments, whatever you need to start or to get your hands into it!:)

https://www.warmplace.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=16

• edited February 2023

Masterful update. Keyboard can be turned into an iso keyboard, by adding rows and setting to uniform and then offsetting them, making for easy chord entry. Then you can quickly edit a pattern with the draw function.

Phenomenal.

The high resolution looks great too.

SunVox. One of the best pieces of music software ever written.

• I've never used sunvox but love to see a community that adore's a product like the sunvoxxers. I rarely see an anti-voxxer when it's a person that actually uses the app. Glad you guys got this one!

• Anti-voxxer, see what you did there @drez :D

I bought SunVox in the recent sales but haven’t got round to diving in yet. It’s an exciting prospect but my gaaaawd where to begin with it?

• edited February 2023

I can't get to use it's own sequencer but just as a sound module is worth it for the aumount of presets included, they all almost all very usables

• @cokomairena said:
    I can't get to use it's own sequencer but just as a sound module is worth it for the aumount of presets included, they all almost all very usables

You can record without even touching the 'tracker view', tap record and play the keyboard (or use a midi keyboard) :)
    Each recording gets it's on clip on the time-line that you can then clone, duplicate and move as you like.

• @wired2moon said:
    Anti-voxxer, see what you did there @drez :D

I bought SunVox in the recent sales but haven’t got round to diving in yet. It’s an exciting prospect but my gaaaawd where to begin with it?

It's surprisingly quick to get started with. I recommend starting here:

• @drez said:
    I've never used sunvox but love to see a community that adore's a product like the sunvoxxers. I rarely see an anti-voxxer when it's a person that actually uses the app. Glad you guys got this one!

I love it! I use SunVox exclusively for writing music (on a crappy old Android phone).

• @rollin said:

@drez said:
    I've never used sunvox but love to see a community that adore's a product like the sunvoxxers. I rarely see an anti-voxxer when it's a person that actually uses the app. Glad you guys got this one!

I love it! I use SunVox exclusively for writing music (on a crappy old Android phone).

that's awesome!

• So there is a lot of information about sunvox scattered about, and it’s been around for a long time so it is difficult to know what is current. I have a question about Sunvox as an AUv3 on iOS.

I would like to use Sunvox patterns & timeline specifically to control other AUv3s via midi, without using any internal sound generation. Is this practical to do now?

Also, how does Sunvox have knowledge of scales, so that the patterns can be transposed to a new key & scale?

I have experience with Renoise and Nerdseq outside of iOS, and have been wanting to use a similar workflow within Loopy Pro. Thanks!

• @geremy said:

I would like to use Sunvox patterns & timeline specifically to control other AUv3s via midi, without using any internal sound generation. Is this practical to do now?

Yes, use a 'Multi-Synth' module per instrument and set the midi-output and channel for each of them.
    SunVox can use 4 midi-busses so you've got 4*16 midi-channels to play with.

Routing in AUM is quite straight forward.

• @Samu said:

@geremy said:

Yes, use a 'Multi-Synth' module per instrument and set the midi-output and channel for each of them.
    SunVox can use 4 midi-busses so you've got 4*16 midi-channels to play with.

Routing in AUM is quite straight forward.

I keep saying I’m gonna try this and then never do. I really need to dive into SunVox more. It’s such a great app.