Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2 - Obsidian patch banks [RELEASED/AVAILABLE]

2»

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear
    dentifying note/letter/mark in their individual name so one can see which are yours (as opposed to all the other bits and bobs

nope, i decided to do not this because then it breaks alphabetical navigation at right side, plus it looks a bit ugly to me :) plus i feel like it takes too much attention to creator's ego in opposite to patches itself :-))

Any way best way, if you WANT to have then categories by author, is using undocumented Nanostudio's feature where you can create own sub-folders under "User" folder using Apple Files app ..

Here self-explaining series of screenshots... in Apple Files you should navigate to Obsidian User folder, you can create subfolders and categorise patches.

In my case, i created "myStuff" folder inside "User" and then plaed all banks, each into it's own subfolder, into "myStuff"

Then in NS it looks like this:

Do not forget, anytime you change something in Files app (new folder, deleted folder, moved files, whatever) - always then in Nanostudio tap MANAGE > Refresh - this forces Nanostudio to re-scan directories.

If you delete some files in Apple Files app - bofore returning back to NS for rescan, first also go in Apple Files into "Recently Deleted" (you can found it at left side at bottom), and delete deleted files also from there - otherwise they will reappear after you do "Refresh" in Nanostudio.

• @dendy wonderful tutorial Captain! Saved. Thank you so much :)

• Hi @dendy I listened to your demos and went to buy your banks just now, but Gumroad doesn't want to let me "Add to basket" for some reason. Can you confirm they're still for sale? - if so, I'll assume it's a Gumroad problem and try again later

• hello, it must be some gumroad issue, i didn't changed anything.. will check it evening when inwill be near computer ...

• edited January 2023

got sales stats for my NS2 patchbanks on gumroad for 2022 and it made ma laugh :-)

I want to say thanks to all 4 people who bough my packs in 2022 :-)

(btw for 2020+2021 combined it was 3x as much !)

• Now you only need to make approximately 700 more packs and you might be able to make a simple living in a low wage economy 😊

• Can you program? With that €37 could you use it to finance programming for us a really simple audio clip launcher? I promise to buy it if it’s €5 (needs to be universal and work in iOS 13…) 😂

• That's terrible. And those packs are amazing. You guys want something new for NS2, here ya go. Just go buy those packs.

• edited January 2023

@SevenSystems said:
    Now you only need to make approximately 700 more packs and you might be able to make a simple living in a low wage economy 😊

it’s approx my 1.5 hour salary before taxes 😂

@drez said:
    That's terrible. And those packs are amazing.

Honestly didn’t expected anything else :-) Luckily i made them for myself in first place so every cent i got from them is unexpected bonus :-))

Still much better result than my music i have at bandcamp, from which i sold during entire time i have account there 3 copies of one album 😂😂😂

• Post your Bandcamp link!

If they’d have been IAP you’d have sold a lot, I know that’s not up to you.

• @AtticusL said:
    Post your Bandcamp link!

https://raysubject.bandcamp.com/

If they’d have been IAP you’d have sold a lot, I know that’s not up to you.

Yeh, i also have to admit i do near to zero advertisement .. when i release something i post info at few places and that’s it

but again .. i’m not complaining, if it sounds lile that then indefinitely don’t .. i’m totally ok with status quo.. doing all that stuff because i enjoy doing it, for money i have daily job 🤣 (which i like almost like making music, i’m coder;)

• edited January 2023

@dendy said:
    Honestly didn’t expected anything else :-) Luckily i made them for myself in first place so every cent i got from them is unexpected bonus :-))

Heh, that's the same thing I keep telling myself about Xequence and Trinity. It was actually true at the start for Xequence, but pretty much everything I've added for Xequence 2 and beyond was on behalf of users (and possible income!)

Still much better result than my music i have at bandcamp, from which i sold during entire time i have account there 3 copies of one album 😂😂😂

I've just recently killed all my Tunecore stuff, which I had running since 2009 or so, when I realized that I had paid ~ $2000 in fees since then, while total sales were roundabout $118 😂

Too bad. My music is amazing! 💩

• @dendy said:

Cheers for the link Dendy. You’ve sold four now!

• @SevenSystems said:

I've just recently killed all my Tunecore stuff, which I had running since 2009 or so, when I realized that I had paid ~ $2000 in fees since then, while total sales were roundabout $118 😂

That’s the spirit. 😂

• edited January 2023
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JMmusic said:

@SevenSystems said:

@dendy said:

Heh, that's the same thing I keep telling myself about Xequence and Trinity. It was actually true at the start for Xequence, but pretty much everything I've added for Xequence 2 and beyond was on behalf of users (and possible income!)

I bought your scientific calculator app! I like it better than the Apple one

Hah, that was YOU! 😂 Thanks a lot though. It's one more of those apps that I only made for myself. Like my file manager, music player, IDE, compiler, password manager, Tetris clone, errr maybe I should get a life 😂

• @AtticusL said:

@dendy said:

Cheers for the link Dendy. You’ve sold four now!

😱😱😱😱

hope you will not regret listening it 😂

🤝

• edited January 2023

@SevenSystems said:

ok you definitey won over me 😂🤣

seriously, i really like stuff you have on soundcloud 👍

• @dendy said:

@SevenSystems said:

ok you definitey won over me 😂🤣

seriously, i really like stuff you have on soundcloud 👍

Thanks thanks... it's always a matter of taste too. But yeah, I think there's definitely many people actually making a profit with their music while it might be objectively worse 😄