Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SPRINGS by AudioThing - The Ultimate Spring Reverb - Dripping with Goodness

Here is my live stream from last night for Springs, I go through the whole thing with various instruments.
I hope you enjoy the video.

Comments

• Great demo, and it’s so good in combi with Wires.

• edited January 2023

@Slush Thanks, yes, it does sound really good with Wires, especially with the Echo

• I wasn't going to get the app but after watching your video, wow. it is really good. You owe me, Doug

• @Prog1967 It is really versatile, I really enjoyed messing with the waveforms too, which produced interesting results

• Going to have to watch this later. I can’t usually get on for the livestreams as I’m at work, but glad they end up on YouTube so I can watch later.

• edited January 2023

I wasn’t going to spend any more money on anything at this time, but dang it Doug, you’ve convinced me on this one.

• I decided to watch your old Eventide Spring review, and it helped inoculate me against GAS/AAS from this video. Good job, past you :)

• Eventide Spring sucks.

I’m not sure about this. Nothing yet has topped the spring emulation of UAks Golden reverb pedal for me.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Eventide Spring sucks.

I’m not sure about this. Nothing yet has topped the spring emulation of UAks Golden reverb pedal for me.

Yeah, but that one is around 350 bucks.. this is €14,99 and emulates a dozen of vintage springs that can be tweaked the hell out of it, plus the Baxandall eq on top of that! It drips, hisses and does all the nasty.

• @Slush said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Eventide Spring sucks.

Yeah, but that one is around 350 bucks.. this is €14,99 and emulates a dozen of vintage springs that can be tweaked the hell out of it, plus the Baxandall eq on top of that! It drips, hisses and does all the nasty.

But I’ve already spent that $350! I’ll probably get this, I just don’t like the aesthetics.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Eventide Spring sucks.

Sounds about the same to me. So it'll definitely sound the same to everyone who isn't a producer :)

• I'm not interested in Springs cause of the reverb at all, but I am interested to know if it can make pleasant and or beautiful unusual sounds?

• edited January 2023

@gkillmaster said:
    I'm not interested in Springs cause of the reverb at all, but I am interested to know if it can make pleasant and or beautiful unusual sounds?

It's ultimately just an effect, so what you get out depends on what you put in. I happen to like the variety of spring effects in this app.

• edited January 2023

@oat_phipps said:
    Eventide Spring sucks.

It doesn’t suck. You just need to adjust the settings to achieve what you want. It can for example emulate the small 3 spring tank in a Space Echo quite well. Try fiddling with the dials before you completely dismiss it.

Hint: All parameters effect the sound of the reverb except intensity and speed.

• AT Springs is by far my favorite so far but yeah, the Eventide one can be finessed into some nice stuff as well