Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any Santoor virtual instrument that is capable of trills ??

Hi,
I am trying to find Santoor vet (MacOs or iPad OS) which offers trills either via key switches or midi cc.
I am trying to achieve this playing style -

As you can hear there are trills ON THE SAME string. I have Native Instrument Santoor (from Discover India). But not able to find any way to perform trills on the same string.

I know there are a few Santoor instruments from SwarPlug, 8dio etc. But not sure whether those offers capability to trills on the same string.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Comments

• I see what you mean in this cinematique instrument demo, where what they call tremolos can be configured on release or via mod wheel.

• edited January 2023

@mojozart said:
    I see what you mean in this cinematique instrument demo, where what they call tremolos can be configured on release or via mod wheel.

Thanks for letting me know about this. I liked the tremolo option, especially with the mod wheel and it seems I can control the tremolo speed which is a nice addition.
    But the sound quality is not close to the actual instrument like Native Instruments.

• A Mozaic script haș been requested to handle this need.

No commitment ye but it's a very intriguing little task. I would call this Mozaic script a "Hammered Dulcimer" or "Mallet Percussion" and built/test the functionality in phases:

PHASE 1 - the "roll" (I'm a percussionist by training and repeated notes to create sustain is called a "roll".

Note comes in and is forwarded and the Note and Velocity are saved in variables.
    additional notes are send at some evenly timed rate and some lower velocity percentage of the original note
    Knobs for rate and velocity percentage exposed.

PHASE 2 - optional "rolls"

I would add a screen based PAD in the Mosaic GUI labeled "Roll" to turn on the above behavior.
    Later pressing this PAD could be linked to an input CC (selectable by knob). CC=1 is the standard "Mod Wheel" input and it could vary repeat rate since is sends 0-127 values. Any slider control could implement this rate variation but then we'd have to "standardize" on a MIDI controller, I suspect.

PHASE 3 - "Trills" - in the western keyboard notation there are several scale-based trills.

On Note one play:
    1/2 step or note above the incoming note in scale at reduced velocity
    1/2 step or note below the incoming note at reduced velocity
    Incoming Note at full velocity

Active with a PAD labeled by trill type "whole tone" or "half step" and add CC optional activation.
    Knob to select the "scale".

PHASE 4 - "slide" grace notes

Similar to trills but just a 1/2 step or scale step slide up to the incoming notes. On a keyboard this
    is typically a black note to white note "slide" to create bluesy/jazzy affectations not usually present in the
    classical style where two fingers are used for all grace notes conventionally. Even a poor keyboardist can
    learn to slide into notes to sound cool.

Again a pad to activate with optional CC.

Are there additional techniques worth adding to the design? As a mallet player (vibes, marimba, etc) I would think of:

Grace note sub-octaves.
    scale-based 3rds, 6ths, 4ths, 5ths (Baja Marimba band sustains/rolls)
    4 mallet chords in scale (triads, 7th chords: major or minor or diminished in scale)
    a collection of apps would be a nice tool to enable with adjustable PPQN).

• @sujoybose77 and I have been at work designing a "trill" or Tremolo Mozaic script and it's available for download from PatchStorage.com:

https://patchstorage.com/tremolo-v1-0/

Here's a video demo of it that shows the various PAD and Knob controls:

• Wow. 👏👏👏

We are living in a fantastic world.

• @McD said:
    @sujoybose77 and I have been at work designing a "trill" or Tremolo Mozaic script and it's available for download from PatchStorage.com:

https://patchstorage.com/tremolo-v1-0/

Here's a video demo of it that shows the various PAD and Knob controls:

What a dude, that sounds great

• @ervin said:

We are living in a fantastic world.

And it’s speeding up too.

@Gavinski said:

What a dude, that sounds great

I think this script has applications in other genres for adding more notes to any MIDI stream. With the repeat rate set very slow and a slow BPM is can add interesting complexity to a MIDI Generator like Fugue Machine for example. It has features that make it “yet another” delay FX.

The end section is intended to demonstrate that is operates on MPE streams too… @sujoybose77 requested that and I didn’t think it was going to be possible but a note on a channel can be repeated if you just save that detail.

It wasn’t designed to work well with chords and that can generate hung notes. If that becomes an issue for anyone let me know and I’ll see what can be done to create a list of all Notes going through and adding a PANIC function.