Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Timorous Pulse

I hope you won't mind another Buchaudulus demo -- very different from the others. I was really psyched about this setup which started out as a test of a new module I'm putting together.

This time, it is being played by MIDI and not sequenced. Maybe a little bit of an unintentional Blade Runner-ish vibe here.

This patch is modulating two Blackhole reverbs acting as hard-panned mono reverbs for spatial fun. Best listened to on headphones or through speakers with a good stereo field.

Once I've refined some of these, I'll post the projects if people are interested.

Comments

• This sounds great. Thanks for the explanation. Even though I don’t have Audulus and some of this stuff goes over my head, it’s interesting and educational to read about your process.

• Come on! You’ve got to let that run for 8 or 9 minutes! Very strong Alessandro Cortini vibe. I also would like to see the process behind it.

More, please!

• Dammn thats so good
    More please +1

• @ExAsperis99 @senhorlampada : Thanks. Glad you like it. I probably listened to the loops for an hour yesterday to unwind.

I am happy to hear Cortini's name in this context -- a track of his that someone posted here in 2019 is what got me started on the path to putting Buchaudulus together.

Here is a Koala project with the two loops that I play in the video.

When I've got some user interface details straightened out, I'll probably share the Loopy Pro project that includes the Buchaudulus patch and effects setup if there's interest.

• I agree with @ExAsperis99 , this definitely could have gone on longer. Blade Runner-ish might not have been intended, but it certainly is welcome.

• Hi @espiegel123 ,
    Very spatial, and quite cinematic musical score!
    Interesting and nice process.
    I agree, with this creation getting a bit longer.
    Sometimes, having ua crave for more is a good thing.
    Thank you.
    Rene

• @MadeofWax @ReneAsologuitar : it is gratifying to hear that it can be longer. I am building up ideas as I consider what direction to pursue.

Thanks again!

• Definitely getting a blade runner vibe, and agree this could be longer!

I’m just really surprised at how organic you made it sound, it’s beautiful! Music like this really hits home to me how capable iOS music making is, and how talented people like you are pushing the envelope!

Just a question, are the buchlaudulus patches you are sharing using the finished instrument?

• This is great!. Love the sound and movement, 🙌🤟

• Amazing. I really like the panned effects on it.

• @tahiche @YotoBono : Thanks. The auto-panning (what I call pseudo-quad) is a lot of fun...my brute force (pale) way of trying to create some of the spatial distribution of the Buchla way...quad speakers were integral to the early Buchla systems.

• @sevenape said:
    Definitely getting a blade runner vibe, and agree this could be longer!

I’m just really surprised at how organic you made it sound, it’s beautiful! Music like this really hits home to me how capable iOS music making is, and how talented people like you are pushing the envelope!

Just a question, are the buchlaudulus patches you are sharing using the finished instrument?

Yes. I am constantly tinkering. It is constantly evolving. The core isn't likely to change much other than cosmetically in the near future. I am currently working on many little helper modules that had useful functions. These are things that one tends to stick between modules. For example, I am refining my a "gate skip" module that randomizes when a trigger/gate gets passed through. And a jitter module that slightly randomizes values. There are lots of little doo-dads.