Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ios arp 2600 in fx slot??

are there any ios versions of the arp 2600, that can sit in the fx a lot in AUM?
i’m trying to replicate a lot of the stuff Pete Townsend did, by sending his guitar through the 2600

Comments

• If you just want to copy the technique, you don’t need an arp 2600 sim. You just need a filter that can be controlled by an LFO, and the LFO level controlled by an envelope follower.
    For that, try Bleass Filter. It has all that built in.
    There are probably a few more AUv3 Filter plugins that have these features, too.

If you are after a very specific sound-match, you probably need a very accurate sim of the arp 2600 filter, as well as an accurate match of whatever was being fed into the synth on the recording.

• Did he send his guitar signal through it? I thought he was quoted as saying he used a Lowrey Organ.

• @michael_m said:
    Did he send his guitar signal through it? I thought he was quoted as saying he used a Lowrey Organ.

I am pretty sure that the main riff is distorted guitar through the 2600's VCF. I think the organ part you are talking about is the organ part in Won't Get Fooled Again which is also running through the 2600's filter.

• @eross said:
    are there any ios versions of the arp 2600, that can sit in the fx a lot in AUM?
    i’m trying to replicate a lot of the stuff Pete Townsend did, by sending his guitar through the 2600

If you have Moog Model 15, it's filter would work well for this.

• Mirack too if you want to go overboard

• @michael_m said:
    Did he send his guitar signal through it? I thought he was quoted as saying he used a Lowrey Organ.

from a few videos i saw is he sent a cable
    straight from his guitar. and the tone and distortion is from the arp 2600 preamp crank up,

• @espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

If you have Moog Model 15, it's filter would work well for this.

ohh good idea thanks

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Mirack too if you want to go overboard

nice might try that too

• @espiegel123 said:

@michael_m said:

I am pretty sure that the main riff is distorted guitar through the 2600's VCF. I think the organ part you are talking about is the organ part in Won't Get Fooled Again which is also running through the 2600's filter.

organ also may be from Baba Oriely

• Love Cherry Audio stuff.

• @espiegel123 said:

@michael_m said:

Yes, you’re right - I’m thinking of the wrong album.

• @eross said:

@espiegel123 said:

@michael_m said:

I had no idea -- I always assumed that was sequencer running -- but your comment led me to this demonstration:

Here is Townshend demoing how he did the filtered organ in Won't Get Fooled Again -- it was an organ through a VCS3's filter

• Here is the Won't Get Fooled Again clip:

• so cool > @espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

@espiegel123 said:

@michael_m said:

I had no idea -- I always assumed that was sequencer running -- but your comment led me to this demonstration:

Here is Townshend demoing how he did the filtered organ in Won't Get Fooled Again -- it was an organ through a VCS3's filter

thanks for posting this video