Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does Loopy Pro support multi output AUv3’s?

How can I route multiple outputs from AUv3’s to different inputs in Loopy Pro? Or is this not possible?

Comments

• Not yet, but I’ll be adding it fairly soon

• edited January 2023

@sdesign said:
    How can I route multiple outputs from AUv3’s to different inputs in Loopy Pro? Or is this not possible?

What Michael said. But in the meantime, if you’re already comfortable with AUM, you can do it that way. That’s what I’m doing.

-In Loopy Pro, add inter-app audio input. Add as many of these as you need. They are your multiple outputs.

• if you already know how to achieve multi-out inside AUM, for the output of each channel, select IAA/Audiobus output, then you can see each of the channels that you created inside LP.
    • Turn on Ableton Link inside both apps and make sure Sync Start/Stop is enabled.

Switching between both apps is one touch away.

• edited January 2023

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@sdesign said:

What Michael said. But in the meantime, if you’re already comfortable with AUM, you can do it that way. That’s what I’m doing.

-In Loopy Pro, add inter-app audio input. Add as many of these as you need. They are your multiple outputs.

• if you already know how to achieve multi-out inside AUM, for the output of each channel, select IAA/Audiobus output, then you can see each of the channels that you created inside LP.
    • Turn on Ableton Link inside both apps and make sure Sync Start/Stop is enabled.

So open Loopy Pro AU in AUM, or open the two apps separately? I’m confused sorry.

If you open them separately, and the multi outputs are routed into AUM, how do you get the sound back into LP to record loops?

• @sdesign said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@sdesign said:

So open Loopy Pro AU in AUM, or open the two apps separately? I’m confused sorry.

If you open them separately, and the multi outputs are routed into AUM, how do you get the sound back into LP to record loops?

Choose AUM as an IAA source. Several outputs from AUM are available when it is running.

• @espiegel123 said:

@sdesign said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@sdesign said:

Choose AUM as an IAA source. Several outputs from AUM are available when it is running.

Got it, thanks for your help.

Obviously still a bit of a faff, so native implantation in LP will be appreciated.

• @Michael said:
    Not yet, but I’ll be adding it fairly soon

How’s it going? Any updates on multi-out support?

• edited January 15

Also looking for multi out support so I can put reverb on my snares! :) also sidechain would be great. Loving the app!

• @antivert said:
    Also looking for multi out support so I can put reverb on my snares! :) also sidechain would be great. Loving the app!

These will be coming. Some things in the roadmap have taken longer to implement than anticipated [life happens and you find myriad OS issues and AUv3 idiosyncrasies to work around].

Michael is diligently working away.

• @espiegel123 said:

@antivert said:

These will be coming. Some things in the roadmap have taken longer to implement than anticipated [life happens and you find myriad OS issues and AUv3 idiosyncrasies to work around].

Multi-out and midi loops are the last two things I need in loopy pro and my life will be complete.

For now I just use separate instances of drum apps so I can add reverb and delay/ other effects to my drum instruments separately. Have to use AUM still though if I want a multi out effect.

• @emc87 said:
    Multi-out and midi loops are the last two things I need in loopy pro and my life will be complete.

That's quite the bucket list you have there. 😉

• @espiegel123 said:

@antivert said:

Good to know. I forgot about this post. Looks like it’s been a year

• @wim said:

@emc87 said:

Haha well that’s all I’ve really got right now other than working and chasing a baby around. It’s my only escape at the moment. Make money, try to keep her alive, jam when I can.

• wimwim
    edited January 15

@emc87 said:

@wim said:

@emc87 said:

Haha well that’s all I’ve really got right now other than working and chasing a baby around. It’s my only escape at the moment. Make money, try to keep her alive, jam when I can.

Fear not, keeping your daughter out of trouble should probably get better ... in about 24 years if you're very lucky.

• edited January 16

@emc87 said:
    @espiegel123 said:

@antivert said:

Also hope there will be multi out on instruments and effects too, with sidechain!!!

• Bookmarked, it's a dealmaker for me.