Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Juxtaposition

Tuned percussion vs multiple synths, Generated vs improvised via GeoShred, Bouncy rhythm vs ambience.
Piano Motifs, BeatHawk, DRC, Sunrizer, Mela 3, SWAM Cello.
MixBox, TB Reverb, Spirangle, Velvet Machine, Attack Softener, LRC7.

Art by AI…

Comments

• Beautiful bell sounds and a great composition, with some nice surprises.

• Many thanks for listening and the kind comments @YotoBono and welcome to the forum 😊

• Which app is providing the bell tones? Probably BeatHawk. When I think of synth-based bells its usually an FM synth that can do that... DRC maybe? Just asking questions that surfaced while listening.

• Nice cohesive unpredictability and bells, inspiration to think “outside the box”. 200 tracks will be quite an achievement/cause for celebration. Thanks, I enjoyed this one.

• @McD they were from BeatHawk. Marimba, Glockenspiel and Vibraphone from Mallets and Gender from Gamelan.
    @myapologies , my numbering convention defies interpretation by anybody other than myself so I’ve actually done 266 tracks on SoundCloud since June 2020. I believe in quantity over quality 😊

• @GeoTony said:
    Many thanks for listening and the kind comments @YotoBono and welcome to the forum 😊

thanks. I‘m just listening to it again, so good.

• i just check your other stuff on soundcloud. Wow, great Stuff. What effects do you use on „Between the Stars“, if i can ask ?

• Cheers @YotoBono , It was multiple Pipa’s through Pitch Drift (which is free) and various FAC Alteza presets. Also a bit of TB Reverb.

• Cheers. Good to know. I have all the effects, but not (yet) Pipa. I‘m not sure if i will get it, but with that effects chain it sounds gorgeous 👌

• @GeoTony said:
    @McD they were from BeatHawk. Marimba, Glockenspiel and Vibraphone from Mallets and Gender from Gamelan.

Thanks... someone else did a DRC piece and it had a distinct bell but Beathawk is a great place to buy really good samples. And today someone reminded me it lets you load your own samples too for one shots and supports a specific loop format which is a pain since that probably leads to some desktop app requirement as a rule. Still, with a little effort I could learn a lot more about Beathawk having spent a fortune buying sound packs there. It just hard to quickly find just the right sound when you don't use it a lot and know where the right sound is buried. The spanish guitar in the "Baroque" pack is simply stunning for example... would you think Baroque and spanish guitar? I'd think Lute maybe.

• I love the mood shift at around 1:40 and again at 3:00-ish. And a nice EP conclusion around 4:00.

• That was great @GeoTony - it is like a teaser for a whole album with excerpts from each track!

• edited January 2023

Missed this. Very touching at first. Child like. Then it turns unexpectedly sinister. That’s fun.