Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for a talkbox app in '23

Dear all,

I used voxSyn in 2018(ish)
which was good but not quite that classic talkbox sound.

Did a quick search on the forum but found nothing particular..

In 2013, some Kickstarter guys made a physical product which looks effective:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.okayplayer.com/news/apple-iphone-talk-box-adapter-kickstarter-video.html/amp

I'm using an iPad pro though so this gadget wouldn't fit.

Where are we with this in 2023... Any suitable apps for this sound?

Kind regards

Comments

• Is Qneo Voice Synth not up to the task?

• It’s basically a complex filter, so you could consider just taking the guitar through an automated filter. Not sure what would work best, but sure you could do it without actually having a real talk box.

• I would recommend to you a hardware tubeless solution “talkbox” by tc helicon

• Hi again all,

I had a look at Qneo Voice Synth on YouTube.

Not quite sure it's what I'm looking for as I'm after something I can p look perform live with (play and speak to/through) rather than pre-recorded.

@MrSmileZ this looks like a cool product (looking at YouTube videos) but... I don't use a guitar. I should have mentioned that really...

I'm using a midi keyboard and sm58 mic, connected through a behringer 404 interface (into the iPad).

So looking for a keyb+mic solution really..

• I use mine with a keyboard…

• @SkillipEvolver said:
    Hi again all,

I had a look at Qneo Voice Synth on YouTube.

Not quite sure it's what I'm looking for as I'm after something I can p look perform live with (play and speak to/through) rather than pre-recorded.

@MrSmileZ this looks like a cool product (looking at YouTube videos) but... I don't use a guitar. I should have mentioned that really...

I'm using a midi keyboard and sm58 mic, connected through a behringer 404 interface (into the iPad).

So looking for a keyb+mic solution really..

A talkbox sends audio into your mouth via a tube. This is the missing piece. An app cannot closely emulate the filter effects of your mouth. Probably a vocoder type of effect is the closest you'll get on ios alone.

• Wrlds2ndbstgeoshrdr, thanks. Yup, ok, pretty much the same position we were in 3 years ago then...

App alone not enough.

Fair enough just wanted to get some clarity/2nd opinion on that as I suspected it was still the case.

The tube/adaptor for iPhone (linked in OP) is about the best option I've found so far. ... I just think there's a gap in the market for an iPad version really, and I'm surprised one doesn't exist...

• Can’t you just get a pedal-based talkbox and use it on the output from connecting the iPad to an audio interface?

• @michael_m said:
    Can’t you just get a pedal-based talkbox and use it on the output from connecting the iPad to an audio interface?

Not for £4.99 😀

• @robosardine said:

@michael_m said:
    Can’t you just get a pedal-based talkbox and use it on the output from connecting the iPad to an audio interface?

Not for £4.99 😀

No, I suppose not.

• Good idea though.. (pedal and box combo etc...)

I'll have to look at what I'd need to pay.. thanks though