Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

B.S. Bach / WTF’s 3rd cousin

edited January 2023 in Creations

Inspired by @McD s likeable lift off, I continue the journey using the staggering or “round” technique for drum parts I’ve been discussing with @Paulieworld. I’ve rounded instrument tracks before, but this is particularly good, I think.

2 tracks of Ravenscroft with one track transposed down an octave. Plus a track of PIPA, also staggered,.

Improvised in one go. Absolutely no midi editing here though I did nudge the bpm from 120 to 130 to add a bit more edge and feel like I was young again.

Comments

• Bach as played by Beethoven after being rejected by Elise.
    Another nice ornament to the baroque era.

• McDMcD
    edited January 2023

That worked really well to conjure up the manic energy of the master and put some modem vernacular into his voice. Respectful but adventurous in a way no Bach can be as an engraved uneditable road map. Only a jazz player would insist on throwing away the map and just flooring it towards the horizon and hope you can stay on something like a road until you hit the checked flag.

Having the muscle memory of all those scale based patterns and turns of the best phrases makes it convincing.

• Simply beautiful!!!
    Truly an ornamental piece of musical loveliness, indeed!!!
    Baroquefully magnificent!!!
    Rene

• The effect is very subtle. I had to listen carefully, and I'm still not absolutely sure I heard it. That's the way it should be!

• I would love to hear a piano duet with both B.S. and his third cousin!

• Thx @belidu @McD @ReneAsologuitar @michael_m.
    @Paulieworld the two piano tracks are staggered by about an 1/8th as you can see below.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Inspired by @McD s likeable lift off, I continue the journey using the staggering or “round” technique for drum parts I’ve been discussing with @Paulieworld. I’ve rounded instrument tracks before, but this is particularly good, I think.

I agree. This is particularly good.

• Thank you so much for listening @MadeofWax.

• You can’t have too many Bach inspired pieces, great playing, sounded pretty young to me 👌

• Thx @GeoTony. Bach was the Uber Philip Glass of his time when it came to communicating musical energy. It’s the old finger in the socket feeling.