Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

That's What Friends Are For, Burt Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager 1982

"That's What Friends Are For" is a song written by Burt Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager.

It was first recorded in 1982 by Rod Stewart for the soundtrack of the film Night Shift, but it is better known for the 1985 cover version by Dionne Warwick, Elton John, Gladys Knight, and Stevie Wonder.

This recording, billed as being by "Dionne Warwick & Friends", was released as a charity single for AIDS research and prevention. It was a massive hit, becoming the number-one single of 1986, and winning the Grammy Awards for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals and Song of the Year. It raised over $3 million for its cause.

This song is heartily dedicated to our very good friend Ruth Abrea!!!
Know that you can always count on us!!!
Our love and prayers are with you!!!

Comments

• I’m running out of superlatives. I feel like I need to reinvent myself as a massive label boss, just so as I can tell some minion: “Sign this guy, give him anything he wants. I want his first album to platinum, stat!”

• That’s what Rene is for.

• I’m a big big fan of Burt. If you could sing Alfie your style, I would be more than happy !

• This song takes me back. I remember watching the video of Dionne Warwick and friends on MTV on the old tube television in the house I grew up in. You’ve definitely captured some of that magic and created something special.

• @Svetlovska said:
    I’m running out of superlatives. I feel like I need to reinvent myself as a massive label boss, just so as I can tell some minion: “Sign this guy, give him anything he wants. I want his first album to platinum, stat!”

+++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @Svetlovska ,
    You are simply awesome, and very kind!!!
    All your statements are super-superlatives to my ears!!!
    Love your "bossy" and "loving" comments!!!
    Wishing you the best for 2023!!!
    Thank you.
    With love and respect,
    Rene

• @LinearLineman said:
    That’s what Rene is for.

++++++++++++++++++++++
    Very clever, Mike!!!
    I am truly thankful for you and your solid support and love!
    Thank you, @LinearLineman !!!
    With respect,
    Rene

• Rene, hands down one of the finest interpretations and performances of this song I’ve ever heard. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.

• @cuscolima said:
    I’m a big big fan of Burt. If you could sing Alfie your style, I would be more than happy !

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @cuscolima ,
    Thank you for your support and love!
    I am also a big Bacharach fan and would love to tackle Alfie, but would need to find a way for me to cover this huge classic.
    It might take a while, as I will be off my recording studio for a little while.
    You are so appreciated, my friend!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• Nice… Bring back memories… <3

• Bumping this to the top as I had this starred for followup. And yeah, another beautiful rendition, thanks for sharing!

• Another amazing performance @ReneAsologuitar !
    I thought at first it was going to be the Disney song of the same name...so glad it wasn't but I am sure that you could make that song also sound wonderful too.
    You are so easy and enjoyable to listen to. Keep on keeping on!
    :smiley:

• You have a beautiful voice! Love this song too.

• @MadeofWax said:
    This song takes me back. I remember watching the video of Dionne Warwick and friends on MTV on the old tube television in the house I grew up in. You’ve definitely captured some of that magic and created something special.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    You are so appreciated, @MadeofWax !!!
    This song always delivers the bond of friendship and makes me feel the "love"!
    I am so thankful for your constant support and love!!!
    Stay safe and keep healthy!
    Rene

• @dcollett said:
    Rene, hands down one of the finest interpretations and performances of this song I’ve ever heard. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.

++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @dcollett ,
    You are simply so kind, so awesome, and so much appreciated!!!
    Your huge compliments are loved!!!
    Thank you so much, my friend!!!
    With love and respect,
    Rene

• beautiful - wonderful guitar and super listenable and smooth singing. Keeps me coming back to the creations area of the forum.

There's me overlaying umpteen synths, but if you've got a great voice and playing style - you just need a guitar :)

• @RajahP said:
    Nice… Bring back memories… <3

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @RajahP ,
    Love your post!
    This song is so emotionally impacting, and truly brings back lots of memories, as were reminisce and remember good friends and good times!
    We have a friend that was undergoing a major surgery a couple of weeks ago, and this song is for her!!!
    Truly a classic, and a very sentimental song.
    Thank you for your wonderful response!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• @ReneAsologuitar said:

@RajahP said:
    Nice… Bring back memories… <3

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @RajahP ,
    Love your post!
    This song is so emotionally impacting, and truly brings back lots of memories, as were reminisce and remember good friends and good times!
    We have a friend that was undergoing a major surgery a couple of weeks ago, and this song is for her!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

Wish her all the best..
    Thanks for all you do..

• Lovely track (again) Rene 👌

• ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @RajahP ,
    Love your post!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

Wish her all the best..
    Thanks for all you do..

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Appreciation and love from a grateful friend!!!
    You are so awesome @RajahP !!!

• @belldu said:
    Bumping this to the top as I had this starred for followup. And yeah, another beautiful rendition, thanks for sharing!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @belldu ,
    Thank you for your bump and followup!
    Your beautiful comments are so loved, and you are so appreciated, my friend.
    Always a pure pleasure to hear from you!
    Warm regards,
    Rene

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Another amazing performance @ReneAsologuitar !
    I thought at first it was going to be the Disney song of the same name...so glad it wasn't but I am sure that you could make that song also sound wonderful too.
    You are so easy and enjoyable to listen to. Keep on keeping on!
    :smiley:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi @AlterEgo_UK ,
    Your responses are always loved, and the Disney song/I do not know.
    Thank you for the wonderful comments.
    You are simply so awesome!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• @AlexY said:
    You have a beautiful voice! Love this song too.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Thank you so much, @AlexY !
    Your wonderful words mean so much, and I am so grateful.
    Thank you!
    With love and respect,
    Rene

• @matdun25848834 said:
    beautiful - wonderful guitar and super listenable and smooth singing. Keeps me coming back to the creations area of the forum.
    There's me overlaying umpteen synths, but if you've got a great voice and playing style - you just need a guitar :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Hi @matdun25848834 ,
    You are so awesome, my friend, and you are so much appreciated!
    Truly, huge compliments coming from you!!!
    Thank you so much for your wonderful comments!!!
    With much respect and love,
    Rene

• @GeoTony said:
    Lovely track (again) Rene 👌

+++++++++++++++++++++
    HI @GeoTony ,
    Always a pure pleasure hearing from you!!!
    Your compliments are so appreciated, very uplifting!!!
    Pls stay well, and warm regards!!!
    With love and respect,
    Rene