Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Crashes on Project Load

edited January 2023 in Loopy Pro

Hey y'all, searched a lot to see if someone had a similar case before, but couldn't find.

Using AB or AUM as a host, and trying to load a Loopy Pro project crashes the instance.
In Audiobus I didn't manage any workaround, but on AUM I noticed that if I load an instance as an input before using it on the FX Slot, and then loading a project file, it worked.

Currently on an iPad Mini 2 / iOS 12.5.6

tl:dr - When loading LP projects, instance crashes

Comments

• @senhorlampada said:
    Hey y'all, searched a lot to see if someone had a similar case before, but couldn't find.

Using AB or AUM as a host, and trying to load a Loopy Pro project crashes the instance.
    In Audiobus I didn't manage any workaround, but on AUM I noticed that if I load an instance as an input before using it on the FX Slot, and then loading a project file, it worked.

Currently on an iPad Mini 2 / iOS 12.5.6

tl:dr - When loading LP projects, instance crashes

Does this happen loading any project?

Could you provide a step by step recipe?

• Yep... any project on the AU folder.
    I was trying initially to load a project on standalone and had this issue.
    Then, what I did was start with a blank one, recording loops with LP on the effects slot, saved the project.
    Cleared the setup, loaded an instance of LP on the FX slot and when loading the project... instance crashed.

Gonna take a peek on the crash log and send it to michael :wink:

• @senhorlampada said:
    Yep... any project on the AU folder.
    I was trying initially to load a project on standalone and had this issue.
    Then, what I did was start with a blank one, recording loops with LP on the effects slot, saved the project.
    Cleared the setup, loaded an instance of LP on the FX slot and when loading the project... instance crashed.

Gonna take a peek on the crash log and send it to michael :wink:

I have tried to reproduce this and didn't experience any crashes.

Maybe the precise order of steps is important ? Or something about the projects you are loading?

Here are things I tried:

• launch AUM
    • add an audio lane
    • add loopy as an effect on that lane
    • in Loopy AU, load a project by tapping the folder icon, tapping projects and choosing a project

I also tried

• launch AUM
    • add an audio lane
    • add loopy as an instrument on that lane
    • in Loopy AU, load a project by tapping the folder icon, tapping projects and choosing a project

To rule out the particular project being an issue, can you create a new project in the au from the default template and save it into the AU?

• Yeah... I actually did those two scenarios. And I created a new project too

Gonna do some further testing and see if I can identify the cause.
    Meanwhile, I sent crash logs to Michael's email

Thanks, mate! :wink: