Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FLEKSI PWR NAP - World On Fire (live jam on cam) šŸ‘ˆ

I marked it as ā€˜general app discussionā€™ so fire away if you have any quests!

Comments

• @supadom said:
    I marked it as ā€˜general app discussionā€™ so fire away if you have any quests!

Really nice! So was this a pre planned live jam or are you making it up in real-time as u go/freestyling? Also, are u not using loopy pro or am I tripping? If not, is there a specific workflow reason?

• Cool funky guitar, and I dig the vocals too! Itā€™s nice to see you getting into it.. watching you, I had my head bobbing as well šŸ¤™

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@supadom said:

Really nice! So was this a pre planned live jam or are you making it up in real-time as u go/freestyling? Also, are u not using loopy pro or am I tripping? If not, is there a specific workflow reason?

Iā€™ve jammed it out a few days ago, slowly bringing in different parts. Then on the school run the vocal line came to me so I thought itā€™s ready for a video.

I generally tend to vaguely remember the parts and let the rest compose itself. Each time I jam thereā€™s parts that have never been there before so itā€™s never boring ;)

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Cool funky guitar, and I dig the vocals too! Itā€™s nice to see you getting into it.. watching you, I had my head bobbing as well šŸ¤™

Thanks!

I consider the head bobā„¢ļøto be the most crucial part of the visuals since nobody really knows whatā€™s happening otherwise!!

• edited January 2023

Which gave me a genius idea!
    Next time I perform on stage Iā€™ll bring with me a few dummy boxes with coloured fairy lights poking out to emulate a modular system!,!! šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘ šŸ™

• @ipadbeatmaking
    As for your other question:
    I use Audiobus as the host because hosting in Loopy Pro doesnā€™t allow me to save the Samplrā€™s state as IAA apps state isnā€™t saved.

I also have a general perception that Loopy Pro is a little less stable. I canā€™t put my finger on it though.

For now at least Iā€™ll keep it this way. I may consider hosting loopy pro in audiobus but thatā€™s only when the former gets multi output treatment.

• @supadom said:
    @ipadbeatmaking
    As for your other question:
    I use Audiobus as the host because hosting in Loopy Pro doesnā€™t allow me to save the Samplrā€™s state as IAA apps state isnā€™t saved.

I also have a general perception that Loopy Pro is a little less stable. I canā€™t put my finger on it though.

For now at least Iā€™ll keep it this way. I may consider hosting loopy pro in audiobus but thatā€™s only when the former gets multi output treatment.

In fact, just now, while trying to see if I can transition to Loopy Pro, while sacrificing some usability I realised that the CPU meter in Drambo is at 3 out of 5 squares when hosted in Audiobus and 4 out of 5 when in Loopy Pro.

I wonder what could this be due to?

@Michael ?

• Very cool live jam. I like how you flip the groove at the 5:40 mark or so.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Very cool live jam. I like how you flip the groove at the 5:40 mark or so.

Thanks. I love that bit too. I feel I have enough tools right now to do that kind of stuff on the fly without the fear of stuff failing on me.

Turnado is still very much the king for that kind of action. I havenā€™t yet been able to replace it with Drambo šŸ˜‚