Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Devs, please develop a simple audio file clip launcher

I am looking for a simple clip launcher, AUv3 compatible. Not BM3 or Drambo, not buried in with other functions--just the ability to load individual clips in slots and trigger them with pads or keys. No MIDI, audio editing, cutting, pasting, stretching, etc.--just a clip launcher deck similar to the clip launcher in Ableton, not LK with other features. Not sure if such a thing exists. I have searched, but no luck.

Comments

• Have you tried the clip launcher in GarageBand?

• Loopy Pro maybe?

• Yes, I have used Live Loops in Garageband, and then sent it to Logic on the desktop. I'd like to stay in AUM. Will check out the other suggestions. Thanks!

• a basic layout.

• I think defining 'simple' would in place...

Do the clips need to be triggered in sync with anything?
    Is there a need for follow actions? (ie. what happens when a clip has played to the end).
    Is the any need to loop the sounds?
    Is there any need to stretch or pitch-shift the sounds?

There are some non AUv3 apps for radio DJs to launch audio clips.
    Amplify Launchpad is quite versitile this and works as IAA straight in to AUM.

AUM's file-player can be triggered via midi so depending on how many clips are needed it might work too?

Looking at the picture Loopy Pro does that already...
    ...but it's not 'free' or 'cheap'.

The risk if releasing a 'simple' app will bite back when the feature-creep comes...

• I own Neon. A nice clip launcher. But what I’m looking for resembles the existing AUM file player but with multiple slots in one instance, as shown in the admittedly crude drawing. It would play the clip and stop. No BPM controls. Only a volume knob which is not in the drawing. In my case, the music is not dependent on beat. I usually do beatless ambient and drone.

• If you load one Flexi instance on each of the 8 tracks and switch the pads to "TRK" mode, this is exactly what you have in Drambo. No frills, simple, compact and efficient. Hitting a pad automatically selects that sample and loading a file is as simple as tapping on Flexi. Even Drag and Drop is supported on newer iOS versions.

• PS. for me, Loopy is waaaaay too expensive, although its layout is close to what I am looking for.

• @rs2000 said:
    If you load one Flexi instance on each of the 8 tracks and switch the pads to "TRK" mode, this is exactly what you have in Drambo. No frills, simple, compact and efficient. Hitting a pad automatically selects that sample and loading a file is as simple as tapping on Flexi. Even Drag and Drop is supported on newer iOS versions.

Thanks. Will check this out!

• Yes, the Drambo setup comes very close! Than you!

• This little thing costs as much in a years as Loopy Pro.
    Loopy Pro seems to be the better choice, if it clicks all required buttons.

• @tja said:

This little thing costs as much in a years as Loopy Pro.

It is free!

• The iaps are for content but you can import your own sounds

• @cokomairena said:

@tja said:

This little thing costs as much in a years as Loopy Pro.

It is free!

Ah, this is for a member subscription to get access to loops.

Sorry, just noticed the monthly and yearly price and posted too fast

• If you are just looking to launch a bunch of audio clips Sitala should do what you want.

• Actually koala is even simpler xD

• You can make koala get pretty complex and deep, but for Simple on the surface fun just load audio on to plays and play or sequence.

• Sounds like you want something like a soundboard.

• You can easily load any sound in segments or reslice and not slice it, just play a one shot on one pad.
    Maybe AutoPad.

Maybes, Not AU but IAA and AB3

Samplebot
    Sound weaver
    Sampletoy - free
    Beat Machine - free
    Noisepad
    SirSampleton

• this. there's an iap for audio import, but it is simple and effective

• If you don't want to play loops, just one shot samples, then there are quite some options. In terms of simplicity, I'd prefer Koala, since it's really quick to load and just trigger samples. There's of course many features but IMHO not standing in the way.
    I am a big fan of Drambo but I wouldn't recommend it for such simple use case.
    Other app that comes to my mind is Beathawk, which is very similar to Koala, but it's good to know about alternatives.
    If you mention Ableton Live clip launcher, that's far from simplicity, it's actually quite a complex thing that no iOS app can really compare to. Zenbeats is maybe the closest match, with both audio and MIDI clip launching, but lacking a lot of other stuff. So it really depends on what are your needs exactly since there is a huge difference between "simple sample player" and "something like an Ableton clip launcher".

• @Poppadocrock said:
    You can easily load any sound in segments or reslice and not slice it, just play a one shot on one pad.
    Maybe AutoPad.

Maybes, Not AU but IAA and AB3

Samplebot
    Sound weaver
    Sampletoy - free
    Beat Machine - free
    Noisepad
    SirSampleton

Wait... Autopad can load samples? I thought it was a straight up pad rompler.

1. Launchpad would be the simplest one I recommend that is similar to Ableton. You'll have to use it in IAA mode.
    2. Koala, since it's now AUv3 comes to mind.
    3. I've heard great things about Loopy Pro but never got into it.

Usually, when I'm clip Launching, I do it in Garageband. I rather prepare the audio files I want to clip launch, then when I need to clip launch, I do it live. I was planning on moving it to Remix Live since it now supports MIDI controller but I haven't yet got a good workflow for it.

• Probeat does what I want. Will not load as either an AUv3 or IAA unless I pay $15. Not worth it.

• edited January 2023

Looks like launchpad is the best solution. Thanks to all for weighing in.

• Launchpad works great in standalone. Completely braindead in AUM. Pads do not launch samples. The search is on again.