Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2023 App Updates

This is a thread for listing app updates that might not always get their own thread, but are important to take note of… cheers! See a bit more detailed description of the thread below, several posts down.

Comments

• edited January 2023

• Are you sure you want to start another massive thread like this one, Pops? At least with the updates we already get notifications within iOS. On the desktop I find the update process far less smooth and transparent. In any event, if you have the time it’s your call! I salute your commitment to completeness.

• Lol. I know, I know. You guys know me too well. But I’m not planning on maintaining it as much as the sales thread. I’m hoping others will share as much or more than I do.

I was just thinking… there’s been some good updates recently, in general creating a new thread for every update would add too many threads. Each update doesn’t always get its own thread, or gets mentioned in the original app thread, where someone might not see it. So this way people can share or see app updates in one consolidated thread. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t…

• It’s also there for people who don’t have a particular app, but are interested in it or maybe have it on their wishlist. Maybe an update comes through that adds the functionality or features that helps them decide.

• This thread will explode on April 1st.

• I think this is a worthwhile thread for the big updates like those above for sure

• @ghost_forests said:
    I think this is a worthwhile thread for the big updates like those above for sure

I’m thinking it might be more valuable for desktop, where it is less obvious when there are updates, especially for the many developers who do not use the desktop App Store for distribution (such as Cherry Audio, Toneboosters, etc.).

• @steve99 said:
    This thread will explode on April 1st.

That’s intriguing.

• Copperhead Synth by 4P

• Phase 84 synth updated with new presets (among other things).

• @ghost_forests said:
    I think this is a worthwhile thread for the big updates like those above for sure

Cheers!

Anyone can share any update they like.

A little more thinking out loud 🤔

Some updates will warrant their own thread and that’s cool. Most aren’t interested in minor bug fix updates. So this thread could be used to share updates that are more than just a bug fix, but not a whole new version of an app, which would definitely warrant its own thread.

This one will not be as broad as the sales thread. I’m thinking almost all music apps, with the occasional exception for an update to an app like Lumafusion, or Notability, or other well known/well used apps. Apps that are popular and add some great new features/functionality should definitely be included.

The thread can also track, and promulgate any pricing model changes which typically, as far as I know, only happen with an app update.

Feel free to share any updates you like, the more relevant to the forum members and the apps we all use the better. Cheers!

• @israelite said:
    Phase 84 synth updated with new presets (among other things).

Yup forgot that one. Thanks.

• @NeuM said:

@ghost_forests said:

I’m thinking it might be more valuable for desktop, where it is less obvious when there are updates, especially for the many developers who do not use the desktop App Store for distribution (such as Cherry Audio, Toneboosters, etc.).

I think it will be useful to know if apps I haven’t bought due to missing features have been updated and now have those features. Apps getting AUv3 would be one category, there is a trickle. I’m not going to read threads on apps I’ve dismissed for whatever reason.

• @israelite said:

Yes! Thanks for the alert. My favourite so very glad to see it being updated.

• I think this is a useful thread. Many people (perhaps wisely) have auto update turned off. I check every few days or so. Props Poppa, you must spend a lot of time between these various sales / updates threads

• @MadGav said:

@NeuM said:

@ghost_forests said:

I think it will be useful to know if apps I haven’t bought due to missing features have been updated and now have those features. Apps getting AUv3 would be one category, there is a trickle. I’m not going to read threads on apps I’ve dismissed for whatever reason.

That's a good reason to follow this thread also.

• Has anyone found that the App Store doesn’t always show when an update is available. A case in point was when the Drambo update came out the other day. Luckily, I remembered to create a copy of Drambo’s data folder so that when I deleted the previous version and grabbed the new version from the App Store, I didn’t lose anything!

• @israelite said:

Can’t seem to update mine. Confirming what @carlcaulkett says above….

• @Kashi said:

@israelite said:

Maybe the problem arises from rushing to update as soon as the release is announced… 😉

• @Kashi said:

@israelite said:

Same. I’ve never come across, or noticed, this bug before.

• @carlcaulkett said:
    Has anyone found that the App Store doesn’t always show when an update is available. A case in point was when the Drambo update came out the other day. Luckily, I remembered to create a copy of Drambo’s data folder so that when I deleted the previous version and grabbed the new version from the App Store, I didn’t lose anything!

Pull down that part of the screen and release to refresh the list. Sometimes it doesn’t automatically update.

• @michael_m said:

@carlcaulkett said:
    Has anyone found that the App Store doesn’t always show when an update is available. A case in point was when the Drambo update came out the other day. Luckily, I remembered to create a copy of Drambo’s data folder so that when I deleted the previous version and grabbed the new version from the App Store, I didn’t lose anything!

Pull down that part of the screen and release to refresh the list. Sometimes it doesn’t automatically update.

Yup.

I sometimes have to do that a couple times, make sure you see the spinning wheel

• Moog updates. Minor but important.

• @steve99 said:

😂😂 I will be here with some popcorn

• @krassmann said:

@steve99 said:

😂😂 I will be here with some popcorn

Someone fill me in on this… if you are allowed to that is… any clues?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Moog updates. Minor but important.

cant find the new packs 👀

• @cazel said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Moog updates. Minor but important.

cant find the new packs 👀

I don’t see them either!