Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM favorite app list

edited January 2023 in Feature Wishlists

Hi,

@j_liljedahl my collection of auv3 apps list has become lately so huge, that finding by scrolling is pain. Would it be possible to implement a favorite collection in the sort by option?

Cheers

Comments

• That'd be a pretty great feature to have. +1 (Right now, I often type in the name of the AUv3 I'm searching for, but having it all condensed into a "favourites collection" would eliminate the need to having to type the name in).

• Good Idea but while we wait for it to happen I've practiced 'app cleanup' and removed the apps I'm not using and only keeping those apps installed that I enjoy using as it helps me focus.

It's actually pretty calming to know exactly what each installed app does and why it's still installed as it takes the 'guesswork' out of the equation...

• That would be quite nice. Remember though that you can always search for an app in the list by name. Also, I really badly want search functionality added to the file player.

• @Gavinski said:
    That would be quite nice. Remember though that you can always search for an app in the list by name. Also, I really badly want search functionality added to the file player.

That would almost require full 'Files.app' integration (ie. add referenced folders/paths to the AUM 'File-Browser' and search thru those paths).

• Plug-in filtering / favourites list would be really useful.
    Removing currently unused apps is too dangerous on iOS.

Yes I have hoarded too many plugins.

• I asked him the same a few weeks ago and he wrote me back the following :

"Yes, I'm planning to add a way to tag AU's and apps, so that one can browse by tags. Tags would be user defined and could be "Favs!" or "D&B" or "Death Jazz" etc :)
    "

So I guess this will be even better than "favorites"

• @cuscolima said:
    I asked him the same a few weeks ago and he wrote me back the following :

"Yes, I'm planning to add a way to tag AU's and apps, so that one can browse by tags. Tags would be user defined and could be "Favs!" or "D&B" or "Death Jazz" etc :)
    "

That'll definitely solve it for me. 🀩

@Samu said:
    Good Idea but while we wait for it to happen I've practiced 'app cleanup' and removed the apps I'm not using and only keeping those apps installed that I enjoy using as it helps me focus.

Sounds boring. Embrace the chaos! πŸ˜‚

It's actually pretty calming to know exactly what each installed app does and why it's still installed as it takes the 'guesswork' out of the equation...

I know what 99% of the apps I own do, whether they're often used, or not. The only apps I don't know how to use thoroughly are miRack and Wotja. πŸ˜‚ Otherwise everything else gets used on multiple occasions.

• I was gonna mention you guys are crazy because that function was always there.
    But I'm thinking of Audiobus
    :lol:
    Never mind

• @senhorlampada said:
    I was gonna mention you guys are crazy because that function was always there.
    But I'm thinking of Audiobus
    :lol:
    Never mind

That just means you're crazy then. πŸ€ͺ LOL! (Joking.)

• @Samu said:
    Good Idea but while we wait for it to happen I've practiced 'app cleanup' and removed the apps I'm not using and only keeping those apps installed that I enjoy using as it helps me focus.

Just kidding. I actually did one end of year cleanup and another one now. It even cleared around 3-4GB of apps. Lots of small ones I wasn't using or with overlap

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    That just means you're crazy then. πŸ€ͺ LOL! (Joking.)

Today I am! :lol: :tongue:

• @cuscolima said:

"

THX, Good to know πŸ‘

This question actually came up while cleaning, but still too many.
    The most popular ones I find by typing the name, but others I only know by picture.

We will see πŸ˜‰βœŒοΈ

• tjatja
    edited January 2023

+1, @j_liljedahl

AudioBus also features this πŸ€—πŸ˜‰

• Would love a random app picker for the audio, fx and midi slots - might get me using some of the things I've forgotten about that are way down the bottom of the list

• @Samu said:

Best idea so far in 2023!

• @Gavinski said:
    Would love a random app picker for the audio, fx and midi slots - might get me using some of the things I've forgotten about that are way down the bottom of the list

Having the devs come up with solutions for our hyperconsumption is both ironic and absolutely spot on. πŸ˜€

• @cuscolima said:

"

Fair, I can see why you're saying it will be better than simple favourites. On the other hand though, a simple system with 🌟-red items has its own advantages, and for me usually turns out to be the best and most usable IRL, being much easier and quicker than any alternative.

• @ervin said:

@Gavinski said:
    Would love a random app picker for the audio, fx and midi slots - might get me using some of the things I've forgotten about that are way down the bottom of the list

Having the devs come up with solutions for our hyperconsumption is both ironic and absolutely spot on. πŸ˜€

Haha, true! Win win!

• @Gavinski said:

I actually made a list of my apps inside Brainstormer and use that to randomize my options :lol:

Image of the app for illustrative purposes only

• There's actually 4 lists
    The prototype version with mixed styles of apps
    One for Melodics
    one for Drums
    one for Effects :tongue:

• Nice tip! I'll have to look that up. Jesus, would take me an age to add all my apps to it though πŸ˜‚

@senhorlampada said:
    There's actually 4 lists
    One for Melodics
    one for Drums

• @Gavinski said:
    Nice tip! I'll have to look that up. Jesus, would take me an age to add all my apps to it though πŸ˜‚

@senhorlampada said:
    There's actually 4 lists
    One for Melodics
    one for Drums

Now I can't even recall if there's a limit to how many items you can put.
    There are other list randomizers around, but this was the one I had and fortunately, had a big limit :lol:
    Yeah... adding manually would be a pain. Another thing I recall doing was making the list on my desktop via wifi...

Another option could be just put everything in a spreadsheet and use some number randomizer and check a cell. If there is an option to create links that open in AUM, would be even better

• @Samu said:

Very much this. At first I was a little disturbed by the idea of removing (especially already paid) apps… but yes, having only the tools you like and are comfortable with is priceless ;)

• AU tag would be super helpful for me. Can’t wait for this, and, I like random @Gavinski idea. I would seriously use this.

• According to ZenBeats, i had to scan 248 plugins, lol