Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is the original Animoog working after update?

Animoog the original is a mess when openned in AUM the latest IOS update on an ipad Air.
Anyone else had any probs?
Cheers

Comments

• At some point I offloaded it from iPad and now it disappeared even from Purchased list. Bummer

• edited January 2023

@Agatha_aga said:
    At some point I offloaded it from iPad and now it disappeared even from Purchased list. Bummer

Animoog shows up for me in my purchased list.

• @Toastedghost said:
    Animoog the original is a mess when openned in AUM the latest IOS update on an ipad Air.
    Cheers

In what way doesn't it work? Are you launching from AUM or launching manually?

• edited January 2023

@espiegel123 said:

@Agatha_aga said:
    At some point I offloaded it from iPad and now it disappeared even from Purchased list. Bummer

Animoog shows up for me in my purchased list.

Yes, it shows but you can't download it anymore, error appears

• Working ok as IAA in AUM but think I’m only on 16.1 iOS and not 16.2
    iPhone 8+

• @Toastedghost said:
    Cheers

I deleted it long ago. Animoog-Z surpasses it in every conceivable way.

• edited January 2023

@Toastedghost said:
    Cheers

I see what you mean. The screen is completely corrupted. Try loading Animoog first, then opening it in AUM. This worked for me on iPad 6, iPadOS 16.2.

Edit: BTW, Animoog fails the same way when started from another host. I tried the venerable Music Studio, with the same result, as shown.

• It works on my iphone 13 using 16.1.1…but AUM won’t open it directly, first i have to open it separately and then once it loads on my phone AUM will then recognize it and open it fully. It has to be open in the background, at least for me.

• edited January 2023

@NeuM said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Cheers

Disagree. The keyboard span-range ribbon works better in the original. Also the kb is larger.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@NeuM said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Cheers

Disagree. The keyboard span-range ribbon works better in the original. Also the kb is larger.

It surpasses the original in every conceivable way for me. ;)

• @BITCRUSHER said:
    It works on my iphone 13 using 16.1.1…but AUM won’t open it directly, first i have to open it separately and then once it loads on my phone AUM will then recognize it and open it fully. It has to be open in the background, at least for me.

Confirm. The same on 16.2, it needs to be preloaded, otherwise I see chopped UI. However, the majority of my IAA apps don't even load in AUM if they were not pre-loaded

• @Dante777 said:

@BITCRUSHER said:
    It works on my iphone 13 using 16.1.1…but AUM won’t open it directly, first i have to open it separately and then once it loads on my phone AUM will then recognize it and open it fully. It has to be open in the background, at least for me.

Confirm. The same on 16.2, it needs to be preloaded, otherwise I see chopped UI. However, the majority of my IAA apps don't even load in AUM if they were not pre-loaded

Cheers for that buddy

• @uncledave said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Cheers

I see what you mean. The screen is completely corrupted. Try loading Animoog first, then opening it in AUM. This worked for me on iPad 6, iPadOS 16.2.

Edit: BTW, Animoog fails the same way when started from another host. I tried the venerable Music Studio, with the same result, as shown.

have you tried opening Animoog first, before loading into your host?

i was having the same gui issues with animoog in FLSM, but opening it first cleared it up

I cant give it up, the new Animoog is not IAA, and Im using FLSM primarily which is IAA and AB3 only.

• Used it today with latest iPadOS in AUM. Gotta open Animoog first. I still use the old Grateful Dead sound pack

• @juanconcho said:
    Used it today with latest iPadOS in AUM. Gotta open Animoog first. I still use the old Grateful Dead sound pack

Cheers man, I did find that so.

• @juanconcho said:
    Used it today with latest iPadOS in AUM. Gotta open Animoog first. I still use the old Grateful Dead sound pack

I’ve since long exported everything from the original Animoog (had all the IAPs and some extras) to Animoog Z, including the Grateful Dead pack and it’s all good.

Animoog Z is a CPU hog compared to the original Animoog but works very well on somewhat recent iPads.

• @Samu said:
    I’ve since long exported everything from the original Animoog (had all the IAPs and some extras) to Animoog Z, including the Grateful Dead pack and it’s all good.

Animoog Z is a CPU hog compared to the original Animoog but works very well on somewhat recent iPads.

I’ll try it but I just love that original screen and setup