Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2023 iOS App Sales & Discussions

Comments

• @Gavinski said:

@AlterEgo_UK said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Update - glad you got it working. I’m really impressed with another app that briefly went free 2 times, Called - AI Art Generator, I think it’s $4.99 regularly. Here’s a pic of the icon since many apps have a similar name.

I use this one too. It just had a nice update as well.

This image shows on my phone as an app called AI Image Generator. The reviews are mostly good and it costs about 5 bucks. How does it compare to dall-E2, midjourney, wombo etc?

This is crap.
    Doesn’t respond to prompts accurately:
    https://apps.apple.com/app/ai-image-generator/id1527512896?l=en

Post a link for the one you recommended Poppa - same icon, but is it the same?

• edited January 2023

@NoncompliantBryant said:

@CapnWillie said:

@Korakios said:
    ZenBeats has MaxUnlock V3 at 50% off , 75$
    It includes ZB for iOS ,windows , macos , android

As close to no brainer as I’ve seen on App Store in a long time. That is, if you like Zenbeats. It’s free to try for those who like great production tools, DAWs, workstations.

Roland is crushing it overall but specifically knocked integrated ecosystems out of the park by acquiring Stagelight (Now Zenbeats).

They saw what Korg was doing with Gadget and raised the bar up into a whole new atmosphere.

Oh gosh. I was going to jump on the cubasis sale but can't do both. I really wanted something that would use my iPad pro cores. But... Having zen beats on Mac and iPad would make going between platforms easier...but I was also thinking of just using cubasis as I really prefer ios despite the headaches. Computers still feel too much like work for me. Man, and I thought I had my money figured out for the week @CapnWillie.

Please advise 😢 😢

My only thoughts on the idea of cross platform here is that you would be limited to not using auv3’s unless you have the equivalent plugin on your desktop? Not a Zen user though and only musings!

• edited January 2023

@Poppadocrock said:
    You’re in China @Gavinski ? Are you traveling?

Ahhh very true. Tres true. Hmm. I hate money. Concept wise.

• @CapnWillie said:

@NoncompliantBryant said:

@CapnWillie said:

@Korakios said:
    ZenBeats has MaxUnlock V3 at 50% off , 75$
    It includes ZB for iOS ,windows , macos , android

As close to no brainer as I’ve seen on App Store in a long time. That is, if you like Zenbeats. It’s free to try for those who like great production tools, DAWs, workstations.

Roland is crushing it overall but specifically knocked integrated ecosystems out of the park by acquiring Stagelight (Now Zenbeats).

They saw what Korg was doing with Gadget and raised the bar up into a whole new atmosphere.

Oh gosh. I was going to jump on the cubasis sale but can't do both. I really wanted something that would use my iPad pro cores. But... Having zen beats on Mac and iPad would make going between platforms easier...but I was also thinking of just using cubasis as I really prefer ios despite the headaches. Computers still feel too much like work for me. Man, and I thought I had my money figured out for the week @CapnWillie.

Please advise 😢 😢

Lol. Welcome to iPad appoloholics not-so-anonymous.lol

There is really no right answer imo. All depends on how you like to create or what you want to do. I don’t want to talk you or anyone out of either as I think they’re both really good apps.

I can however tell you why I have chosen Zenbeats as my main tool.

Zenbeats offers linear, clip/loop and sample based workflows a la Ableton, Logic, GarageBand…and…an option to build around drum track/piano roll programming style like FL. It’s really as familiar as it is unique but in its own class in terms of fun factor.

I’ve always loved Roland sounds from phantoms, to Tr-8, Sp404 effects, to Juno so with a Roland Cloud Pro membership I have unlimited pro sounds from synths to effects drum loops and presets.

Everything integrates very well on every platform I own. So much so I got the Verselab which is its own Zen experience. I can finish on any platform or transfer between them. Resample midi clips to audio so I don’t trip over which device has what AU plug-in. It’s all good.lol

I could go on but I don’t want to derail the thread. There’s a good Zenbeats 3 thread around here. Also one for Cubasis 3.

They’re both good. I recommend trying the free lite versions and comparing workflow at very least.

I will study as per my homework. 🤜

• @Gavinski said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@EdGG said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I believe that's where he lives.

Right on, for some reason (probably his accent) I was under the impression he was in Ireland, or Scotland, or the UK, Or somewhere round those parts… never really knew though…

An accent doesn't say anything about where someone lives 😂

Same here. So many people assume I am a tourist in the country I am a citizen of and am in my third decade of living in.

• @michael_m said:

@Gavinski said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@EdGG said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I believe that's where he lives.

Right on, for some reason (probably his accent) I was under the impression he was in Ireland, or Scotland, or the UK, Or somewhere round those parts… never really knew though…

An accent doesn't say anything about where someone lives 😂

Same here. So many people assume I am a tourist in the country I am a citizen of and am in my third decade of living in.

I agree. It was definitely a false assumption, and never knew where he was based out of…

• Photo/Graphic

Image Size is free usually $.99

• More By Ear instrument apps on sale

• edited January 2023

@Gavinski said:

@Gavinski said:

@AlterEgo_UK said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Update - glad you got it working. I’m really impressed with another app that briefly went free 2 times, Called - AI Art Generator, I think it’s $4.99 regularly. Here’s a pic of the icon since many apps have a similar name.

I use this one too. It just had a nice update as well.

This image shows on my phone as an app called AI Image Generator. The reviews are mostly good and it costs about 5 bucks. How does it compare to dall-E2, midjourney, wombo etc?

This is crap.
    Doesn’t respond to prompts accurately:
    https://apps.apple.com/app/ai-image-generator/id1527512896?l=en

Post a link for the one you recommended Poppa - same icon, but is it the same?

That’s the one, the one you linked to. I’m not saying it’s the best thing available but for a one time five dollar fee or in my case I got it for free, I was surprised at the quality.

Only used a few times. You can set a few settings to enhance it. You can set the amount of steps it takes to generate each image, higher takes longer but has better quality, there’s several things in there. Check CGF scale in settings, Which lets u adjust how well it responds to prompts.

Go to settIngs, advanced settings you see this…

• edited January 2023

You can also adjust, and upscale once image is complete, by hitting fix, or adjust after image is rendered.

• I'm pretty sure these AI image generators are based on Stable Diffusion which is open source and can also be tested online here https://huggingface.co/spaces/stabilityai/stable-diffusion or installed on your computer.
    Quality is lower than Midjourney for the moment IMHO.

• @jsmonzani said:
    I'm pretty sure these AI image generators are based on Stable Diffusion which is open source and can also be tested online here https://huggingface.co/spaces/stabilityai/stable-diffusion or installed on your computer.

Yes they are, there have been scams about apps claiming to be Midjourney (a trap I fell right in and the fuckers at Apple didn't refund me despite removing the app in less than a week). Anyhoo, I just downloaded an app called Diffusion Bee for Mac that are aimed for morons that can't install via the terminal like Stable Diffusion demands (and the moron is me). Having all that said, there are dedicated threads on this site for AI images and this is not the one. Cheers

• @jsmonzani said:
    I'm pretty sure these AI image generators are based on Stable Diffusion which is open source and can also be tested online here https://huggingface.co/spaces/stabilityai/stable-diffusion or installed on your computer.

A word of warning before visiting that site, it is quite addictive trying to come up with good images. :smile:

• edited January 2023

@jsmonzani said:

You might be right. They use the word diffuse in the settings.

Thanks for that link @jsmonzani

• OT - Medical/Mental Health

Life x Mind by Mind x Sciences is free usually $24.99

• Listening

Onlurn is free usually $8.99 - podcast player for iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch

• SolfeHearingB is $1 off at $.99 - Music ear trainer

• @Vip8888 said:

@jsmonzani said:

A word of warning before visiting that site, it is quite addictive trying to come up with good images. :smile:

Yea when I first started messing with dall-e and mid journey I started 2 notes in notability. 1 is a list of ideas to generate, the 2nd is a list of great prompts I found online through some basic research.

• Utility

Tracker Buttons Pro is free usually $.99 - Apple Watch and iPhone- basically track all sorts of things you do.

• Listening

Stezza Music Player is $2 off at $.99

• Productivity

PDF Pro+ with AI is free usually $1.99 - 6 tools in one

• Productivity

Speech Tok Pro is free usually $1.99 - transcriber

• Productivity

Week Calendar Pro is free usually $1.99

• Graphic

Greeting Card Cafe is free usually $1.99