Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Simplest way to just record a phrase with manual start / stop (Loopy Pro)

edited January 2023 in Loopy Pro

Apologies in advance as I am an infrequent LP user so internalizing the configs is a challenge.

Sometimes I simply want to record a few minutes of my piano into a clip (just like, say, Voice Memo), with manually start & end of recording, don't want to mess with quantize phase lock retrospective count-out etc.

What is the absolutely simplest way to do this? The closer to Voice Memo the better :smile:

Comments

• @des1303 said:
    Apologies in advance as I am an infrequent LP user so internalizing the configs is a challenge.

Sometimes I simply want to record a few minutes of my piano into a clip (just like, say, Voice Memo), with manually start & end of recording, don't want to mess with quantize phase lock retrospective count-out etc.

What is the absolutely simplest way to do this? The closer to Voice Memo the better :smile:

Set record count in and out to none. Turn auto count out off. Turn off auto loop detect.

Save that as a document and mark as a template and you won’t have to set it up again

• edited January 2023

Thanks, sounds perfect. How do I mark it as a template?

EDIT: Found it on YouTube. Thanks, @espiegel123

• @des1303 said:
    Thanks, sounds perfect. How do I mark it as a template?

EDIT: Found it on YouTube. Thanks, @espiegel123

Have fun!

• For spontaneous recordings I use AudioShare.