Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy pro - mute audio channel while playing clip

Hi!

Is it possible to configure a auto mute on a specific audio channel while some specific clip is being played? And after the clip is stoped, the audio channel is auto unmuted?
This would be a great feature for me!

I play guitar with bass using boss oc5 on separate channel. When i record a clip with bass and play it, i dont want my bass audio channel at same time. So I need to press my oc5 pedal everytime to avoid double bass on song. If automute is possible, I can let my oc5 pedal ON all the time and saves me a lot of thinking during the song!

Thanks!

Comments

• edited December 2022

Well, I have just found out how to do it, but it seems I found a new bug.
    This is my configuration:

But it is muting the audio while recording also. I want it to mute only while playing, and not while recording. I tryed to set unmute during recording, but it didnt work.

Anyway, I am very happy this function exist! :smiley:

Please check it! Thanks!!

• @Danuco said:
    Well, I have just found out how to do it, but it seems I found a new bug.
    This is my configuration:

But it is muting the audio while recording also. I want it to mute only while playing, and not while recording. I tryed to set unmute during recording, but it didnt work.

Anyway, I am very happy this function exist! :smiley:

Please check it! Thanks!!

Currently, if play after record is on, play follow actions trigger when record follow actions do. You might want to move the mute to finish record and get rid of the play follow action. That way it will mute the hardware input when you finish recording..just before the loop playback starts.

• I’m glad I stumbled upon this thread. I had never thought of this. Muting/unmuting on begin/end record seems very handy.
    I currently have a button to select what hardware input I’m going to record and mute all others, then hit rec on a donut. If I know the hardware input for the donut I can just add the rec follow actions to select the hardware input and mute the rest, one less click and less thinking.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Currently, if play after record is on, play follow actions trigger when record follow actions do. You might want to move the mute to finish record and get rid of the play follow action. That way it will mute the hardware input when you finish recording..just before the loop playback starts.

Thanks for the response!

But this way it will not mute if i play the clip later. I start and stop the clip many times during the song (when changing sessions of the song).

So I need it unmute during Record, and mute exactly on playing after recording. And also mute on everytime I play the clip again later. Any solution for that? Or only way is not setting "play after"?

• @Danuco said:

@espiegel123 said:

Thanks for the response!

But this way it will not mute if i play the clip later. I start and stop the clip many times during the song (when changing sessions of the song).

So I need it unmute during Record, and mute exactly on playing after recording. And also mute on everytime I play the clip again later. Any solution for that? Or only way is not setting "play after"?

Another solution is to set up a gesture, midi action, or widget that mutes and plays rather than using the follow action.

another workaround is to set the after record action to Stop...then the play action won't trigger on record and you could add a play action to the after record follow action.

hopefully the behavior will change in the future, but these can work in the meantime.

• I will try them! Thanks a lot!! :smiley:

• I’m also looking for a way to do this. Basically the same behavior as in Ableton, when a tracked is armed and set to auto monitoring - if a clip is playing, the incoming audio is muted. If a clip is stopped, the incoming audio plays.

• It is working perfectly with the @espiegel123 sugestions! Thanks!!