Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audanika 3 Bugs / Support

edited December 2022 in Support and Feedback

If you encounter bugs in Audanika 3, please post them below.
These are known bugs:

Comments

• A bug is reported that the MIDI out configuration shows a blank screen. How can I reproduce this issue?

• These issues should be fixed with Audanika 3.0.2:

• some notes are firing one octave up
    • Issues with MIDI setup when switching songs forth and back
  • Instead of removing the virtual MIDI port, you could have a setting to enable or disable it!

• @gatzsche said:
    A bug is reported that the MIDI out configuration shows a blank screen. How can I reproduce this issue?

I think that some Users expect the Audanika Virtual ports are supposed to show up in the Midi out window/panel.
    Right now, if no other Midi ports are running, it looks kinda blank.

I never encountered a totally blank Midi out screen, it always had Network at least, and you can turn off the internal Audanika sound. With other Midi ports running, the list propagates and shows these as output options.

If you could list the Audanika midi out ports in the midi out configuration, users could enable/disable the internal virtual ports to use only the ones needed, or turn them all off. Then, we could get the Audanika All port back but still disable it if we needed to for a certain setup.

Also, in the release notes for the latest update, you make reference to tied notes having wrong circle size. What does ‘tied notes’ mean in this context? I usually associate that term with rhythm, but Audanika doesn’t do rhythm, does it?

• @CracklePot said:

@gatzsche said:
    A bug is reported that the MIDI out configuration shows a blank screen. How can I reproduce this issue?

I think that some Users expect the Audanika Virtual ports are supposed to show up in the Midi out window/panel.

I never encountered a totally blank Midi out screen, it always had Network at least, and you can turn off the internal Audanika sound. With other Midi ports running, the list propagates and shows these as output options.

If you could list the Audanika midi out ports in the midi out configuration, users could enable/disable the internal virtual ports to use only the ones needed, or turn them all off. Then, we could get the Audanika All port back but still disable it if we needed to for a certain setup.

Also, in the release notes for the latest update, you make reference to tied notes having wrong circle size. What does ‘tied notes’ mean in this context? I usually associate that term with rhythm, but Audanika doesn’t do rhythm, does it?

Yes, it is good to list the virtual ports in the MIDI settings. By default, I would disable the "all" port to prevent duplicate notes by default. What do you think?

The "tied" note refers to the Christmas songs. Notes that span several bars were shown in the wrong size.

• @gatzsche said:

@CracklePot said:

@gatzsche said:

Yes, it is good to list the virtual ports in the MIDI settings. By default, I would disable the "all" port to prevent duplicate notes by default. What do you think?

The "tied" note refers to the Christmas songs. Notes that span several bars were shown in the wrong size.

I think the All midi port is convenient if it there and you need that in a specific setup, but I think you could also just connect all 3 of the other ports to a sound source and achieve the same thing, so it isn’t really needed or necessary.

Thanks for clarifying about the tied notes. I thought maybe there was some hidden functionality like the Soundprism Link edition. 🙂