Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Songen: AI-Assisted Music Production, Built With Audiokit.

edited January 2021 in General App Discussion

Seem pretty cool. Hope I'm not double post but a search did not give anything and that surprised me somewhat.
Songen is a new AI-powered app created in Helsinki, Finland by Vibin Oy

EDIT: I totally missed it's F*****G subscription, and pretty hefty at that. I am sorry I promoted that -- but it still seem good. Gready Finn! (joke).

https://apps.apple.com/fi/app/songen/id1526063160

Comments

• edited January 2021

Given what it does and how many you can spit out, if it has a decent advanced mode with flexible options, different genres etc. If someone is in the commercial jingle market and wants a bucket load of this stuff seems like a fine deal to me. I have subscribed to sample services at about the same price for one month just to grab a bunch then cancel. Not that I didn't like the service, just got my fill of a product.

• @AudioGus said:
    Given what it does and how many you can spit out, if it has a decent advanced mode with flexible options, different genres etc. If someone is in the commercial jingle market and wants a bucket load of this stuff seems like a fine deal to me. I have subscribed to sample services at about the same price for one month just to grab a bunch then cancel. Not that I didn't like the service, just got my fill of a product.

I do get that. I'm just scared the subscription horrorz gonna mess up musical apps the way it has with graphical ones. Take Ampify's Launchpad Premium: 6*USD/Weekly and then super duper discounts if you do yearly or monthly. I just don't like it. And, I'm far from the only one.

*Rough estimate I only have the SEK.

• @Pxlhg said:

@AudioGus said:

I do get that. I'm just scared the subscription horrorz gonna mess up musical apps the way it has with graphical ones. Take Ampify's Launchpad Premium: 6*USD/Weekly and then super duper discounts if you do yearly or monthly. I just don't like it. And, I'm far from the only one.

*Rough estimate I only have the SEK.

Wow, just checked out the Ampify Premium thingy. Looks pretty sweet to me. I could see subscribing for a week or two just to bang out tons of sample fodder for BM3. These are just like all you can eat buffets to me more than 'productivity tools'.

• Meh, I want to create my own noise

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Meh, I want to create my own noise

Yah. Nothing noisey about this stuff. Gotta pour that sauce on Jourgensen style!

• haha that app sounds super fucking wierd... i tried it on some genres i know well and it gets somewhat close, but still not a single loop i generated would be useful for anything... does really wierd swing too... i wonder how it works, i expected better results based on other ai stuff ive seen.

• I liked the mish mash genre at the bottom. Thought it was neat.

• @AudioGus said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

Yah. Nothing noisey about this stuff. Gotta pour that sauce on Jourgensen style!

• @iOSTRAKON said:

@AudioGus said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

I love the sample mashing in From Beer to Eternamix. So good!

• its ok... i do sync music for a living, and have to crank out hordes of songs, this is great for when i just need a quick disco progression or whatever. the first song i tried i mixed disco and trap and it came out sounding like... well, disco and trap lol. the midi export was a little wonky tho. sounded different than what i had in the app. Ill try my other two free trials and then decide if i will invest the subscription. def has potential.

• Subscription? No thanks. I don’t think this app will make a lot of profit with this model price. The tunes generates for music genere seems all the same to my old ears.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    its ok... i do sync music for a living, and have to crank out hordes of songs, this is great for when i just need a quick disco progression or whatever. the first song i tried i mixed disco and trap and it came out sounding like... well, disco and trap lol. the midi export was a little wonky tho. sounded different than what i had in the app. Ill try my other two free trials and then decide if i will invest the subscription. def has potential.

Yes, I noticed that too. Quite a big difference actually. False advertisement :D :D
    I'm out of tries and very unsure I give this even a months pay. As you say, it has potential.

• @Pxlhg said:

@shinyisshiny said:
    its ok... i do sync music for a living, and have to crank out hordes of songs, this is great for when i just need a quick disco progression or whatever. the first song i tried i mixed disco and trap and it came out sounding like... well, disco and trap lol. the midi export was a little wonky tho. sounded different than what i had in the app. Ill try my other two free trials and then decide if i will invest the subscription. def has potential.

Yes, I noticed that too. Quite a big difference actually. False advertisement :D :D
    I'm out of tries and very unsure I give this even a months pay. As you say, it has potential.

i agree. im not subscribing. if it was more in depth and less... cheesy? it would be a good tool, but where it stands now, im passing.

• @shinyisshiny said:

@Pxlhg said:

@shinyisshiny said:

i agree. im not subscribing. if it was more in depth and less... cheesy? it would be a good tool, but where it stands now, im passing.

Mmmm, ironically cheesy can be so fun. Particularly when midi and beer is involved.

• @AudioGus said:

@shinyisshiny said:

@Pxlhg said:

@shinyisshiny said:

Mmmm, ironically cheesy can be so fun. Particularly when midi and beer is involved.

No. They need to give these bones to the guy who made Piano Motifs and have him finish it. Could be a serious thing.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@shinyisshiny said:

@Pxlhg said:

@shinyisshiny said:

No. They need to give these bones to the guy who made Piano Motifs and have him finish it. Could be a serious thing.

this would be awesome. would def pay premium

• edited December 2022

Can anyone explain to me how to get to the subgenres in this, like boom bap rather than just hip hop etc, and how to mix genres. I did manage to do it before, but can’t see how to do it any more, and the interface seems different now from what I have seen on vids on YouTube etc. Maybe that’s because I’m using iPad? Is the iPhone interface different? This seems pretty decent actually, I’m pleasantly surprised.

• Actually I think there is a bug in the app - I had to delete and reinstall to get that ability back - swiping up on the main genre name to get a list of subgenres. It also seems like slightly bad design that you have to generate a song in one of the main genres before it start to give you the option to generate a subgenre and/or mixed genre.

• @Gavinski
    You have to slide left on the main page and you will see an option on the top left hand corner to pick Single Genre or Mix Genres. FYI, Songen have been pretty responsive to ideas for improvements etc, when I have reached out to them before.
    I hope that helps

• @Gavinski yes! what @Musicfan said. this is one of my favorite apps ever. a sleeper for sure. extremely powerful tool. its a bit expensive for the premium, but i still pay it, because i use it

• @Musicfan said:
    @Gavinski
    You have to slide left on the main page and you will see an option on the top left hand corner to pick Single Genre or Mix Genres. FYI, Songen have been pretty responsive to ideas for improvements etc, when I have reached out to them before.
    I hope that helps

Thanks!

@shinyisshiny said:
    @Gavinski yes! what @Musicfan said. this is one of my favorite apps ever. a sleeper for sure. extremely powerful tool. its a bit expensive for the premium, but i still pay it, because i use it

Yeah I have messaged them, I think this is pretty damn impressive actually, from what I've seen so far!

• Thx for a refresh. How this is going under the radar...

• This one looks worth setting up a recurring reminder to check if I’ll have a month of open time to enjoy Premium properly. Got to schedule around “learn Drambo month”, “learn Audulus 4 month” and weeding the garden. (Though it might actually multitask very well with peak gardening season 🤔)

• Looks interesting. $10/month is not my jam tho and Beatly Pro is basically this but only a 1-time payment with a super active dev. I think it might even be lower than 1 month of this lol

• @KirbyMumbo said:
    Looks interesting. $10/month is not my jam tho and Beatly Pro is basically this but only a 1-time payment with a super active dev. I think it might even be lower than 1 month of this lol

i love beatly too, but this app is beatly x's 10000. the ability to mix and match genres + the sheer amount of different genres+ the midi generating algorithm is just more "useable". you can always just pay for 1 month, generate hundreds of songs and cancel too.

• @shinyisshiny said:

@KirbyMumbo said:
    Looks interesting. $10/month is not my jam tho and Beatly Pro is basically this but only a 1-time payment with a super active dev. I think it might even be lower than 1 month of this lol

i love beatly too, but this app is beatly x's 10000. the ability to mix and match genres + the sheer amount of different genres+ the midi generating algorithm is just more "useable". you can always just pay for 1 month, generate hundreds of songs and cancel too.

Yeah, Beatly is decent for sure but this seems far superior from what I see so far

• Export is very slow though if you try to export separate stems etc. I also had an export yesterday that seemed incomplete, and again, the first time you download the app, you cannot select subgenres until you have generated at least one main genre song. Anyone else had probs with incomplete exports?

• edited December 2022

@Gavinski said:
    Export is very slow though if you try to export separate stems etc. I also had an export yesterday that seemed incomplete, and again, the first time you download the app, you cannot select subgenres until you have generated at least one main genre song. Anyone else had probs with incomplete exports?

Sort of. Mine look like it stalled out so I hit cancel - apparently just as the save file location screen popped up. (Of course, that ended up canceling the long awaited export.) Rationing out my remaining free exports for now. 🤣

• @shinyisshiny said:

@KirbyMumbo said:

Yea it sounds decent but I usually use audio stems for quick samples and the songen only seems to have 250 generations which I feel I'd run out of quickly. Beatly is unlimited which is nice since I can just cycle endlessly till I find something I really like and I don't need a full song generated for me usually.

Beatly also works on my M1 Pro(not sure about songen) which makes for nice sampling in logic and I can load and save custom samples/drumkits.

• @Gavinski said:
    Export is very slow though if you try to export separate stems etc. I also had an export yesterday that seemed incomplete, and again, the first time you download the app, you cannot select subgenres until you have generated at least one main genre song. Anyone else had probs with incomplete exports?

I haven’t had any problems exporting other than notes being a little bit off beat like about a 1/32 which I just fix it, it might be a NanoStudio 2 problem, but I use it in NanoStudio religiously and have some nice stuff completed