Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wotja 23 - launched!

Hi folks!

We're just polishing-off Wotja 23. I think you're going to like it!

We'll public more information on this thread as we get ready for release - not too many weeks to go now :smile:

Best wishes,

Pete

Comments

• Wotja, the one and only. Looking forward to see what new features will be rolled out next year.

• @tsferro said:
    Wotja, the one and only. Looking forward to see what new features will be rolled out next year.

Thank you very much! There is such a lot in this update! :smile:

Pete

• Getting close now :wink:

• @impete said:
    Getting close now :wink:

@impete When do you hope to release Jan ?

• @Jumpercollins said:

@impete said:
    Getting close now :wink:

@impete When do you hope to release Jan ?

Wotja 23 will be available from the 1st January 2023!

Best wishes,

Pete

• Hi @impete , are you able to drop a list of new features here yet?

• @monch1962 said:
    Hi @impete , are you able to drop a list of new features here yet?

I think @imtim is going to do that very soon now! :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

• Hi folks

Thanks so very much for your interest in Wotja 23.

We've been working very hard on it for the last 6 months or so and there are some new additions and improvements that we hope you will find very interesting indeed. :)

The User Guide for V23 (which in itself has been a huge effort for various reasons) is now live. In it we list the biggest things that are new, with links to the relevant part in the UG. NB: We may simply not bother detailing what seems to be hundred of other minor improvement we have made.

V23 User Guide: https://wotja.com/guide/
    V23 What's New: https://wotja.com/guide/#whatsnew

We, ourselves, have only just started to scratch the surface on what can now be done in V23. The new ogg-supporting Sample Player (SP) and awesome included samples (big thanks to Mark Harrop) is part of that, but by no means all. :).

Personally, I still find it incredible that the new Sample Player can load a Wotja Template and then - every time the mix starts - cook that, in memory, as the sample (up to 20 secs in duration) to use. If you are using a Generative template, it means that every time you start the mix you are using a different (and potentially unique) sample. The ramifications for those who grok sound design in Wotja could be quite exciting indeed.

One reason for excitement is that the Template or Ogg sample used in a Sample Player can be saved to the mix file (i.e. embedded within it). Templates are quite small (just few kB) so that holds out the premise for small, shareable (or web-embedded) 'sample based' mixes featuring custom sound designs. Of course, the mixes could use your own created Ogg samples instead (perhaps you want to tell as story using your voice). The mind boggles as to what can now be done in V23.

Last year we finally settled on a model where we would set SRPs for the 'Pro' variants of that year's App, and then run Early Bird deals at the beginning of the year, primarily for longer term users.

Our 30% off Early Bird 1 (EB1) for Wotja 23 Pro Apps will be the very best one and will run from date of pre-order (Apple only) through to Jan 14th (i.e. it ends on Jan 15th). For those who miss that, we will run another couple. They will still be great, but they will not be as great!

We hope you enjoy V23!

Atb

Tim

• edited December 2022

Video diary ;)

• @UMCorps said:
    Video diary ;)

nature sounds 🍂🍁🍃 nice touch

• @tsferro said:

@UMCorps said:
    Video diary ;)

nature sounds 🍂🍁🍃 nice touch

Thank you! @UMCorps put a lot of work into doing some tremendous Foley work for Wotja 23 :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

• Already pumped for the new version!

When will preorders start? @impete

• I see Wotja Pro 22 has been removed from Apple's app stores (though the Android version is still available on the Play Store) before the new version is available for pre-order. There's probably a logic to this, but it does mean that there's no giftable version available at Christmas, no fullgrade option for the sub-phobic, and the usual option of grabbing the current year's version on year-end discount has disappeared early. Presumably these have never amounted to a significant slice of sales revenue anyway…

• @god said:
    @Masanga said:
    I see Wotja Pro 22 has been removed from Apple's app stores (though the Android version is still available on the Play Store) before the new version is available for pre-order. There's probably a logic to this, but it does mean that there's no giftable version available at Christmas, no fullgrade option for the sub-phobic, and the usual option of grabbing the current year's version on year-end discount has disappeared early. Presumably these have never amounted to a significant slice of sales revenue anyway…

Hi folks. Sorry for the delay here! @imtim will explain more once things are sorted.

Basically - there has been delay in getting the iOS version review through - which has been a PITA! - and that has had a knock-on effect!

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:

@god said:
    @Masanga said:
    I see Wotja Pro 22 has been removed from Apple's app stores (though the Android version is still available on the Play Store) before the new version is available for pre-order. There's probably a logic to this, but it does mean that there's no giftable version available at Christmas, no fullgrade option for the sub-phobic, and the usual option of grabbing the current year's version on year-end discount has disappeared early. Presumably these have never amounted to a significant slice of sales revenue anyway…

Hi folks. Sorry for the delay here! @imtim will explain more once things are sorted.

Basically - there has been delay in getting the iOS version review through - which has been a PITA! - and that has had a knock-on effect!

Best wishes, Pete

Ah, thanks, Pete, all sympathy, and hope Apple get their act together; this is the last thing you need at this time of year…

• @Masanga said:
    Ah, thanks, Pete, all sympathy, and hope Apple get their act together; this is the last thing you need at this time of year…

Now that is an understatement :wink:

Best wishes,

Pete

• Not to worry; it just gives everyone more time to bone up on the Sample Player docs and convert all our sample libraries to .ogg in readiness…

• @Masanga said:
    Not to worry; it just gives everyone more time to bone up on the Sample Player docs and convert all our sample libraries to .ogg in readiness…

Wotja 23 has a menu option to convert .wav files in the Recordings folder, to .ogg format. Which is handy :smile:

Pete

• @impete said:

@Masanga said:
    Not to worry; it just gives everyone more time to bone up on the Sample Player docs and convert all our sample libraries to .ogg in readiness…

Wotja 23 has a menu option to convert .wav files in the Recordings folder, to .ogg format. Which is handy :smile:

Pete

One particularly mind-bending feature of the Sample Player, is that the "samples" don't have to be fixed .ogg recordings - they can actually be Wotja template files!

That means that every time your Mix starts, the sample can be different. I'd be surprised if there are many synths out there with that sort of feature!

Pete

• godgod
    edited December 2022

@impete said:

@god said:
    @Masanga said:

Best wishes, Pete

Ohhh bummer 😔 hope things get resolved soon! Thanks for the update

• Let's just say this whole 'situation' has come out of the blue, and was totally unexpected. As it is now getting late on Xmas eve we will details things more in due course. However, we believe we HAVE now found a solution to square the circle - it has involved significant last ditch efforts at the end of the year that we could frankly have done without having to make. :( The good news is that the planned Early Bird discounts for 'Pro' mode are still going to happen, but just in a slightly different way to how we had expected. Season's Greetings and best wishes to all for the New Year. See you on the other side! Tim and Pete.

• Beta testers are going to see a big change - please keep your eyes peeled! :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:
    Beta testers are going to see a big change - please keep your eyes peeled! :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

Is that in ‘22 or ‘23? I have full 22 but didn’t get as deep with it as I’d hoped (yet) not sure if/when I’ll try out ‘23 yet…

• @Krupa said:

@impete said:
    Beta testers are going to see a big change - please keep your eyes peeled! :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

Is that in ‘22 or ‘23? I have full 22 but didn’t get as deep with it as I’d hoped (yet) not sure if/when I’ll try out ‘23 yet…

23! Out soon :)

• @impete said:

@Krupa said:

@impete said:

Best wishes, Pete

👍👍

• @impete said:

@Krupa said:

@impete said:

Best wishes, Pete

❤️ ♥️

• Almost done folks - we're just about there for the production build.

At some point, we'll explain the unexpected delay!

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:
    Almost done folks - we're just about there for the production build.

Best wishes, Pete

I’m hoping you don’t overly stress yourselves to get this out ASAP, and instead enjoy the holidays with your loved ones! ❤️

With that said.. I do wish to see W23 out ASAP 😂

• @god said:

@impete said:
    Almost done folks - we're just about there for the production build.

Best wishes, Pete

I’m hoping you don’t overly stress yourselves to get this out ASAP, and instead enjoy the holidays with your loved ones! ❤️

With that said.. I do wish to see W23 out ASAP 😂

I worked through Christmas Day :smile:

Pete

• edited December 2022

Good news - Wotja 23 has now passed review for all our store fronts.

Wotja 23 will "Go Live" on 1st January 2023!

We'll explain what happened in a blog post in a few days!

Best wishes to all,

Pete