Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recommendations for a linear DAW that complements Loopy Pro

Hope this isn’t too redundant, I am interested in opinions about the iPad daw that would work best for organizing audio exported from Loopy linearly? This would be on an older 6th gen iPad and ease of use/organization, moving clips around and ability to host auv3 are important to me. Also curious if this is easier/more simply done in Cubasis or Audio Evolution? Or something else? I still need to more fully utilize Loopy’s linear features, but is there something like Nanostudio 2 but optimized for arranging audio clips? Thank you

Comments

• yes cubasis and audio evolution are the Daw more suited for that, even though they don’t have that NS2 fast work flow arranging environment, but you still can use samples loops and arrange them in NS2 easily, using NS2 Slate internal plugin as source of audio tracks for arranging sample loops in NS2 , you can also use koala sampler has audio tracks inside NS2 which will offer you a fast work flow and time stretch for arranging audio samples in NS2

• edited December 2022

@myapologies said:
    Hope this isn’t too redundant, I am interested in opinions about the iPad daw that would work best for organizing audio exported from Loopy linearly? This would be on an older 6th gen iPad and ease of use/organization, moving clips around and ability to host auv3 are important to me. Also curious if this is easier/more simply done in Cubasis or Audio Evolution? Or something else? I still need to more fully utilize Loopy’s linear features, but is there something like Nanostudio 2 but optimized for arranging audio clips? Thank you

What’s wrong with loopys timeline? If I may ask

• edited December 2022

@SLPGroundSoundMusic said:
    yes cubasis and audio evolution are the Daw more suited for that, even though they don’t have that NS2 fast work flow arranging environment, but you still can use samples loops and arrange them in NS2 easily, using NS2 Slate internal plugin as source of audio tracks for arranging sample loops in NS2 , you can also use koala sampler has audio tracks inside NS2 which will offer you a fast work flow and time stretch for arranging audio samples in NS2

Great idea, but I don’t think Koala handling all of the audio will be as forgiving as Loopy Pro handling the same audio on an older iPad, because of disk streaming vs whatever the other method is that Koala and most apps use. Know what I mean?

• @audiblevideo, nothing at all. Not sure why I avoid timelines and like to press the donuts manually. I am going to try to use it more before anything else but was also entertaining the notion of just recording and applying fx in Loopy and then exporting for arranging, mixing, and “mastering” in another app. Thanks for your response. Thanks, @SLPGroundSoundMusic. Might try that out.

• The homie @ipadbeatmaking made this video comparing Cubasis 3 to Audio Evolution.

I never had the chance to watch it yet (so many holiday commitments), but am finally getting around to watching it myself to see what he says. This may help you too @myapologies .

@audiblevideo Loopy Pro's timeline seems pretty nice, but I personally never dug deep into that part of LP and have no idea if it has automation capabilities yet or not. AEM and CB3 both have automation.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    The homie @ipadbeatmaking made this video comparing Cubasis 3 to Audio Evolution.

I never had the chance to watch it yet (so many holiday commitments), but am finally getting around to watching it myself to see what he says. This may help you too @myapologies .

@audiblevideo Loopy Pro's timeline seems pretty nice, but I personally never dug deep into that part of LP and have no idea if it has automation capabilities yet or not. AEM and CB3 both have automation.

Loopy Pro doesn’t yet have automation.

• @espiegel123 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    The homie @ipadbeatmaking made this video comparing Cubasis 3 to Audio Evolution.

That's what I figured mate. I knew it was on the roadmap, but I didn't know if it had been implemented yet. This is why exporting stems to either CB3 or AEM is currently the best way to go.

• tjatja
    edited December 2022

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@espiegel123 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

That's what I figured mate. I knew it was on the roadmap, but I didn't know if it had been implemented yet. This is why exporting stems to either CB3 or AEM is currently the best way to go.

How does Auria Pro compare to automation in Cubasis or Audio Evolution Mobile?

I never used automation so far.

• @tja said:
    How does Auria Pro compare to automation in Cubasis or Audio Evolution Mobile?

I never used automation so far.

Similar to both really, uninspirational menu dive to select params, then use snap to grid (various selections) to set your points on the curve… AP has that lovely accesible ‘curve type’ selection pane, the other two don’t as far as I know…

Menu button to enable auto in AEMS

Param selection to enable in AP

Button press to open auto popup in Cubasis

• tjatja
    edited December 2022

Thanks, @Kewe_Esse

So, when you need "simple" Automation of a DAW and it's effects or loaded plugins, you can use AP, CB or AEM for mixing and mastering audio from Loopy Pro.

But when you already wanted to automated AU or IAM Plugins (Synths), you simply cannot use Loopy Pro at the moment, but would directly need to go those those above.

• @myapologies said:
    …applying fx in Loopy and then exporting for arranging, mixing, and “mastering” in another app.

You can’t export from Loopy with applied fx. You have to print a donut with fx to a new donut to have the fx baked in. I wish you could export while applying fx. Because of this is usually export the clean clips and add fx all over again in a daw, or just Finnish the song in Loopy’s timeline.
    Regarding DAW. My favorite option hasn’t been mentioned. Zenbeats. Besides many great features the one that IMO stands out in Zenbeats is how it handles loops. If you extend a loop clip in the timeline it just extends, repeats, there’s no need to copy/paste like in Cubasis. This for me is a must. Since Zenbeats itself has great clip mode and functionality, I find it dots a lot better the kind of material you get from loopy. It’s sort of the same “mindset”. It also has multi-outs, automation, recently incorporated sidechaining, etc, etc.
    You should give it a try.

• tjatja
    edited December 2022

@tahiche said:

@myapologies said:
    …applying fx in Loopy and then exporting for arranging, mixing, and “mastering” in another app.

You can’t export from Loopy with applied fx. You have to print a donut with fx to a new donut to have the fx baked in. I wish you could export while applying fx. Because of this is usually export the clean clips and add fx all over again in a daw, or just Finnish the song in Loopy’s timeline.

Very interesting.

I searched the roadmap:

https://roadmap.loopypro.com/feature-requests/p/export-with-applied-fx

Under review .... at best, add your "dito"!
    EDIT: I have no account there...

Regarding DAW. My favorite option hasn’t been mentioned. Zenbeats. Besides many great features the one that IMO stands out in Zenbeats is how it handles loops. If you extend a loop clip in the timeline it just extends, repeats, there’s no need to copy/paste like in Cubasis. This for me is a must. Since Zenbeats itself has great clip mode and functionality, I find it dots a lot better the kind of material you get from loopy. It’s sort of the same “mindset”. It also has multi-outs, automation, recently incorporated sidechaining, etc, etc.

Damn.

Instead of shrinking, the number of Apps to consider grows again.
    I want to use only ONE host ... maybe two, one for AU and IAA and one for mixing / mastering.

• @tja said:

I want to use only ONE host ... maybe two, one for AU and IAA and one for mixing / mastering.

The dream!

• @tja said:

@tahiche said:

@myapologies said:

Very interesting.

I searched the roadmap:

Damn.

If I could only keep one app it’d be Zenbeats. I used to be the “linear daw” type until I started messing around with clips. I find it so much more inspiring and fun to improvise and create. So you build parts in clip mode and when you’re ready you switch to linear mode to arrange and mix. But, like I said before, Zenbeats sort of expects and anticipates this workflow so the linear mode is a lot better integrated with loops in mind, be it midi or audio.
    I go back and forth between Loopy and Zenbeats. I love the flexibility and aesthetics of Loopy, it’s so well made.

• @tahiche said:

@myapologies said:

Are you sure about this? Im pretty sure all my exports have had the effects applied to them.

• @tahiche said:

@myapologies said:

If you have clips in the timeline, timeline exports have effects applied.

• @espiegel123 said:

@tahiche said:

@myapologies said:

That would be enough for me.
    But printing out with effects would still be nice for loops ...

• @tahiche said:

@tja said:

@tahiche said:

@myapologies said:

Very interesting.

I searched the roadmap:

Damn.

If I could only keep one app it’d be Zenbeats. I used to be the “linear daw” type until I started messing around with clips. I find it so much more inspiring and fun to improvise and create. So you build parts in clip mode and when you’re ready you switch to linear mode to arrange and mix. But, like I said before, Zenbeats sort of expects and anticipates this workflow so the linear mode is a lot better integrated with loops in mind, be it midi or audio.
    I go back and forth between Loopy and Zenbeats. I love the flexibility and aesthetics of Loopy, it’s so well made.

I never dabbled in Zenbeats.
    Thanks for this, I will try now ...

• @espiegel123 said:

@tahiche said:

@myapologies said:

Oh my!. Has this always been the case?. This is great news!.
    So if just build a makeshift timeline with one loop for each clip it will export everything with fx?.

• @tahiche said:

@espiegel123 said:

@tahiche said:

@myapologies said:

So if just build a makeshift timeline with one loop for each clip it will export everything with fx?.

It has been like this for a long time. It wasn't implemented in the very first release but was added not long after. If you export multi-track, each track is exported with effects applied.

• @espiegel123 said:

@tahiche said:

@espiegel123 said:

@tahiche said:

@myapologies said:

It has been like this for a long time. It wasn't implemented in the very first release but was added not long after. If you export multi-track, each track is exported with effects applied.

how do you export loops from the timeline? if i put loops into the timeline they still export with fx off

• On the timeline tap the share icon. You get the choice of stereo mix or multitrack.