Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro Update Version 1.0.32

App "Loopy Pro: Looper DAW Sampler"

Developer: A Tasty Pixel
URL: https://apps.apple.com/app/loopy-pro-looper-daw-sampler/id1492670451

Minimum OS Version: 12.0
Universal: Yes
Price: Free

DESCRIPTION:

Loopy Pro is a live-looper. And a sampler. And a sequencer. And a very capable AUv3 Audio Unit host. And a DAW. And an AUv3 Audio Unit.

You get the idea. Loopy Pro is deep. But it's also designed to be friendly, and a great deal of fun.

You can set up Loopy Pro to work however you do, with features like hands-free looping with count-in, count-out and automatic loop detection; or "free" looping, where you can choose on-the-fly how long to make loops. There's even retrospective recording, where you can lock in a loop after the fact.

There's extensive MIDI controller support, including built-in support for the Launchpad, the APC40 mk2 and the MIDI Fighter Twister, and effortless MIDI Learn for setting up your controllers.

You can also drag-and-drop audio straight onto loops in Loopy Pro, with sophisticated tempo and pitch adjustments, and use Loopy Pro as a clip launcher, with all kinds of options for song sectioning.

The built-in mixer lets you set up insert and send effects for every channel in your project, and load AUv3 Audio Unit instruments, effects, and MIDI sequencers.

And there's a built-in sequencer, for arranging songs, and even performing them live, totally automated and hands-free.

There's also a great deal still to come.

So, what are you reading this for? Go take Loopy Pro for a spin – there's a 7-day free trial just waiting for you.

Have fun!

• Michael
    loopypro.com

Join other Loopy Pro users on Discord, Facebook or the forums - loopypro.com/communities

Loopy Pro's Pricing Structure:

Loopy Pro has a pricing structure that mimics the classic desktop software model, in order to enable continued development:

• A 7-Day Free Trial, so you can make an informed purchasing decision.
• A one-off In-App Purchase to buy the app: to keep, forever.
– This gets you permanent access to all current features, and all those added in the following 12 months.
– It also gets you bug and compatibility fixes for the lifetime of the app.
• A completely optional "Upgrade" In-App Purchase, available any time from 12 months after initial purchase, to buy the latest features and all those released in the following 12 months, to keep forever. Upgrade once, or every year, or just when there's a new feature you want, or never upgrade after the initial purchase – it's completely up to you. And you keep what you buy, forever.
• This will allow Loopy Pro to continue evolving for years to come, while letting me support my family.

RELEASE NOTES: Version 1.0.32

See what's coming next in Loopy Pro, help guide development and follow specific features at LP's roadmap: roadmap.loopypro.com

• Revised bottom-left navigation buttons in edit mode
  • Fixed an issue in MIDI clock receiver which could cause jumps
  • Fixed visual loop state update when toggling Phase Lock or when changing timeline while loop disabled
  • Fixed "Count-In Only" metronome mode
  • Fixed issue with "Retrigger" setting for play action
  • Minor optimisation for faster project loads
  • Optimisations for sequence screen

Comments

• Thanks again Michael!!!

• 🙏

And 1.1 is in beta now! Getting there! It’ll be a free update, and includes stuff like reverse and variable-speed playback, OSC, multichannel in/out as an AUv3, overdub feedback and a few other things.

• @Michael said:
    🙏

And 1.1 is in beta now! Getting there! It’ll be a free update, and includes stuff like reverse and variable-speed playback, OSC, multichannel in/out as an AUv3, overdub feedback and a few other things.

🤗🤗🤗🍾🍾🍾🤗🤗🤗

• Hi guys,
    This may seem like a really stupid question, but after setting the tempo - Then pressing SEQ button & turning on the Loop button (bottom-right-ish) - I press Play, then I press it again to make it pause, but it doesn’t - I have to press it 2x after pressing play to pause - So is there a way to make it pause after a single press?

• @gdog said:
    Hi guys,
    This may seem like a really stupid question, but after setting the tempo - Then pressing SEQ button & turning on the Loop button (bottom-right-ish) - I press Play, then I press it again to make it pause, but it doesn’t - I have to press it 2x after pressing play to pause - So is there a way to make it pause after a single press?

I don’t think so when sequencer loop is enabled. The first tap takes it out of loop mode without stopping so that playback can proceed past the looped part of the timeline. On the clips page, one could have a widget set up to stop the clock.

• @Michael said:
    🙏

Boom, huge stuff!

• @Michael said:
    🙏

That will be amazing!

• @gdog said:
    Hi guys,

Not stupid at all!! When the playhead is in a sequencer loop region, though, the first play/pause press will exit the loop region. So yeah, it’s two taps to pause in a loop region.

• In seq mode,When i press the pause icon,the play head will go to the top of left,
    Is there any way to stop the playhead where it is paused ,and continue playing where it is paused?

• Thanks for the reply @espiegel123 👍
    Also thanks @Michael for clarifying, it’d be nice to have a setting for a single press to pause 👌

• I saw that the Loopy Pro Questions thread has been closed, so here it is.

Before I try LP, how does the audio donut handle cross-bar material? If I begin a strum before the end and into the beginning of a loop, I’d expect to hear an audible click. Or are there pre-baked micro fades baked into the donuts via a setting?

Even though I don’t play traditional instruments, I’ve gotten away from sequencing lately and like to use GeoShred as a playing surface and ChordPolyPad or Tonality to trigger chords or strum. So I’d like to take a crack at this thing you humans call, live looping and improvising. Also, will the AU instruments that are triggered by MIDI AU be recorded as midi or audio? I’m trying to get away from editing MIDI.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    Also, will the AU instruments that are triggered by MIDI AU be recorded as midi or audio? I’m trying to get away from editing MIDI.

They will be recorded as audio. There's no built-in MIDI recording or editing in Loopy Pro at this time.

I saw that the Loopy Pro Questions thread has been closed, so here it is.

Before I try LP, how does the audio donut handle cross-bar material? If I begin a strum before the end and into the beginning of a loop, I’d expect to hear an audible click. Or are there pre-baked micro fades baked into the donuts via a setting?

Even though I don’t play traditional instruments, I’ve gotten away from sequencing lately and like to use GeoShred as a playing surface and ChordPolyPad or Tonality to trigger chords or strum. So I’d like to take a crack at this thing you humans call, live looping and improvising. Also, will the AU instruments that are triggered by MIDI AU be recorded as midi or audio? I’m trying to get away from editing MIDI.

By default there is a micro xfade whose length you can set or eliminate if you want

LP also can handle intro and tail recording, for capturing stuff before or after the loop recording. See https://loopypro.com/manual/#intro-and-tail for details.

• Thanks 😃 I’ve started the trial and have been exploring. I found the tutorials too.
    I’m impressed at how elegant and playable this is on an iPhone SE2.

Thanks 😃 I’ve started the trial and have been exploring. I found the tutorials too.
    I’m impressed at how elegant and playable this is on an iPhone SE2.

Thanks!

• @Michael said:
    🙏

Noice !!

• @Icoustik said:

@Michael said:
    🙏

Noice !!

Yes! Looking forward to it! Loopy Pro has become my favorite playground on the iPad. After toying about with it for months, I finally have a template that can serve as a sketch pad, a mixing environment and a hub for live performance. I love it! ♥️

Do any of the beta testers know when the 1.1 will be released, roughly?

• @galmandsværk said:

@Icoustik said:

@Michael said:
    🙏

Noice !!

Yes! Looking forward to it! Loopy Pro has become my favorite playground on the iPad. After toying about with it for months, I finally have a template that can serve as a sketch pad, a mixing environment and a hub for live performance. I love it! ♥️

I don’t think it would be appropriate for us to guess. Timeline projection is a dark art and prone to error.

• @espiegel123 said:

@galmandsværk said:

@Icoustik said:

@Michael said:
    🙏

Noice !!

I don’t think it would be appropriate for us to guess. Timeline projection is a dark art and prone to error.

Fair enough 😃 looking forward to another year of Loopy!