Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

resonatedo by Alexey Nadzharov

https://apps.apple.com/app/id6444891127

Description:

resonatedo is a microtonal resonator bank audio effect for iOS and macOS.

It contains two sets of resonators controlled by separate keyboards. Each resonator has independent pitch (set by EDO division value of the keyboard), volume and modulation.
Each resonator is a delay with feedback that contains lowpass + allpass and bandpass filters. Each set has a common "color" parameter that changes balance between these filter sets in each single resonator. The "mix" control allows crossfade from dry to fully processed signal.

UI features two independent keyboards with:
• 4 – 72 keys (voices, steps) per octave, each with its
own ring modulator
• maximum polyphony equal to the number of voices;
max polyphony is 144 voices
• 1 – 4 octave range, covering the frequency range of
about 8 – 4200 Hz
• display with note number (from C), note name,
frequency (in Hz), and deviation from 12-TET (in
cents)
• two sections per keyboard: upper for non-sustained
notes, gliding, and velocity; lower for sustained
notes and modulation rate
• mute button to stop/start all sound
• delete/panic button to erase all notes
• glide button for smooth sweeps across keyboard
frequency range
• modulation on/off button
• slider to set initial velocity and modulation levels
• slider to change velocity and modulation rates for all
notes on the keyboard proportionally and to show
current velocity and mod rate levels
• button to toggle keyboard visibility.

resonatedo supports MIDI input from external sources to
control each keyboard independently.

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 9.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• oh!
    this sounds amazing!:)
    but how does it sound
    why developers dont share a small snippet or a video
    beats me...

• WTF is it to the common musician to much tech babble !

• edited December 2022

I was hoping it was a sort of wing pinger type thing. Bought it, loaded it. Can’t actually determine what it does.

• @sevenape said:
    I was hoping it was a sort of wing pinger type thing. Bought it, loaded it. Can’t actually determine what it does.

That was my first thought looking at it, I think it’s an AUv3 from something I’ve seen elsewhere, but there’s really not much clue about what it is anywhere I can see…

• @Krupa said:

@sevenape said:

That was my first thought looking at it, I think it’s an AUv3 from something I’ve seen elsewhere, but there’s really not much clue about what it is anywhere I can see…

I will probably put a short vid up on this very shortly

• @Gavinski said:

@Krupa said:

@sevenape said:

I will probably put a short vid up on this very shortly

🙏🙌

• edited December 2022

@Krupa said:

@sevenape said:

You can see „audio processing is disabled to avoid feedback loop“ on top of the 1st screen.
    Seems an fx that needs a source to trigger the resonators.
    Which are probably controlled by screen action, so you don‘t play the notes but the modifiers... an interesting concept. B)

• @waka_x said:
    oh!
    this sounds amazing!:)
    but how does it sound

Exactly my thoughts as well. We just need examples to be able to judge.

• Thankyou for reviving this thread and to Gavinski for the demo - for 2.99 I can now retire my Wingie2 and update its' firmware to Bilippoo box - ChEErs :p

• @sevenape said:

Select tones you want to become resonant and then send sound through it as an FX unit to add extra resonances.

• Slightly O/T but I was running some drips through this in Ableton yesterday and couldn’t figure or Google out how to run audio through it while also being able to MIDI control its notes… is that possible in Ableton?

• Resonator drones.

• @Krupa I have ableton on PC, so I don‘t know for sure concerning AUs, but the general process would be to make the ins and outs visible, if they’re not already (right edge of the screen, the little io–icon) then set a miditrack to send to the track the effect is on (in session view „midi to“ it‘s right over the meter) and in the field that pops up under it select the effect, if it doesn’t find it automatically. If you can’t pick the effect, it probably doesn’t accept midi input.

• @tyslothrop1 said:
    @Krupa I have ableton on PC, so I don‘t know for sure concerning AUs, but the general process would be to make the ins and outs visible, if they’re not already (right edge of the screen, the little io–icon) then set a miditrack to send to the track the effect is on (in session view „midi to“ it‘s right over the meter) and in the field that pops up under it select the effect, if it doesn’t find it automatically. If you can’t pick the effect, it probably doesn’t accept midi input.

Sorry I missed this when you posted it, I’ll follow those instructions later and see where I get, thanks!

• Happy to help:)

• edited March 1

I was expecting to be able to edit the tuning in hz precisely, since it displays it precisely. But seems like you cant do this or change master tuning. Which is kind of a dealbreaker. Or am I missing something?

• @Crano said:
    I was expecting to be able to edit the tuning in hz precisely, since it displays it precisely. But seems like you cant do this or change master tuning. Which is kind of a dealbreaker. Or am I missing something?

It’s only able to do EDO scales (hence the name), ie change the number of divisions in an octave, as far as I know.

• @bygjohn said:

@Crano said:

It’s only able to do EDO scales (hence the name), ie change the number of divisions in an octave, as far as I know.

That is correct, it does what it says on the tin, so to speak! @Crano David Collett wrote a brilliant manual, think it was for Sinusedo but might have done one for this too. A lot in the Sinusedo manual is relevant to this app too

• Ok thanks @bygjohn and @Gavinski 🙏🏻

The more I dabble into alternative tunings, the more silly I think it is that we use one standardized tuning pretty much exclusively. So when theres an app that focuses on microtuning its really weird to me its still fixed in 440 tuning. First world problems I guess 😅

• @Crano said:
    Ok thanks @bygjohn and @Gavinski 🙏🏻

The more I dabble into alternative tunings, the more silly I think it is that we use one standardized tuning pretty much exclusively. So when theres an app that focuses on microtuning its really weird to me its still fixed in 440 tuning. First world problems I guess 😅

Have you tried the Entonal app yet?

• @HotStrange no will check it out thank you! 🙏🏻